Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MuscleInk
  • 1 Post By Schwarzenegger

Thread: Injection Concerns

Muscle Memory is offline Junior Member

Injection Concerns

I've been administering Test E injections in my deltoid muscles on both arms for a while now. Its the most comfortable region for me and is quite painless. Usually everything goes great but the last 3 shots or so have been bad... Each time the injection site has become very stiff, painful, and lumpy. This usually doesn't happen and I can't seem to figure out what I've been doing different. The soreness makes arm movement pretty painful more so than most shots I've done.

Usually what I do is alochol swab both the rubber top of my Test E bottle and my injection site. Then I fill a Insulin Pin with my usual dose of 300mg Test E. I administer the shot myself and keep my arm loose and limp as possible. I try to do it slowly rather than squeeze the needle plunger too hard. Takes me about 5 minutes to empty the needle. Then I pull the needle out kind of quickly as soon as its empty and sanitize the area. Am I not pressing the needle deep enough? Am I injecting too fast or too slow? Do I need to massage the injection site after the shot or does that make it worse? Am I taking the needle out too quickly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Muscle Memory; 08-24-2014 at 10:46 AM.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    You shouldn't be using an insulin pin to inject an oil based product. For delts you should be using a 25 gauge 5/8" pin. You're likely not going deep enough into the muscle tissue.

Did you change your brand of Test E? I found that not all raw Test powder are created the same. When I brew my own Test I find some to be smooth as silk and others hurt like a muther.

Hendirx91 is offline New Member
    Yeah man you can't use a slin pin.. it's too small. 5/8" or even an inch into delts.

Red Bastard is offline Member
    Using a slin pin isn't unheard of. I've used a 1/2" 29g for delts, bi's, and even quads, for smaller injects, without any issues. Narrow barrel makes for a fast easy push, even with oil. I backload, from a larger needle, of course...

Lunacy is offline Member
    Slin pin for oil? That's a first. Yeah, what Scotchguard said

Pretty common, especially for TRT guys...

Cody95 is offline Member
    You should be injecting in many different areas, i had the same problem injecting in my quads, try a different area, also you can try massaging the area before and after injection.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bastard View Post
    Pretty common, especially for TRT guys...
    Yes, but generally at doses below a typical cycle dose. Agree or disagree?

Of course. But, a typical slin pin holds 1cc, so with EOD, or even twice per week, test only cycles, it's not bad. Oil flows fast, through a 29g, with such a narrow barrel.... Gotta be lean though, and never for a glute shot.

Of course. But, a typical slin pin holds 1cc, so with EOD, or even twice per week, test only cycles, it's not bad. Oil flows fast, through a 29g, with such a narrow barrel.... Gotta be lean though, and never for a glute shot.
    I personally wouldn't exceed 50 - 75mg per SQ injection and if someone is cycing which typically involves 500mg per week or more and with some gear that may be more concentrated, I.M. would be the smarter method IMO.

Yeah, I don't think I'd want to do that much volume sub Q. I was talking IM... 1/2", pressed in hard, goes plenty deep, in a lean spot. For me, anyways...

Yeah, I don't think I'd want to do that much volume sub Q. I was talking IM... 1/2", pressed in hard, goes plenty deep, in a lean spot. For me, anyways...
    I've been going deeper lately. 1 inch for delts. 1 1/2 inches glutes and quads.

I certainly usually go deeper too. I have loads of needles to choose from. Would you say that there is a noticeable advantage to deeper injections?

I certainly usually go deeper too. I have loads of needles to choose from. Would you say that there is a noticeable advantage to deeper injections?
    Less chance of gear "leaking" out of muscle fascia the deeper you go. PIP is generally not an issue unless your hand is unsteady. For those unsure of exact body fat especially when it's unevenly distributed, deeper injections are more likely to penetrate the muscle, past the adipose.
    Red Bastard likes this.

I get less pain from the oil just sitting there if I inject deeper. Not from the actual injection but the next two/three days from the inflammatory response to the test/oil. Its normal ugl gear, not super concentrated or alcohol issue. The is by far the most painless gear I've used.

Just usually can't sleep on that shoulder I injected for two days or so.

I noticed less soreness if I used 1.5" in delts as opposed to 1". I'm very lean just have big shoulders.

Same with glutes, 1.5" works better for me and less injection soreness
    Red Bastard likes this.

Muscle Memory is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Did you change your brand of Test E? I found that not all raw Test powder are created the same. When I brew my own Test I find some to be smooth as silk and others hurt like a muther.
    Yes I did change brands. But... the first time or two I didn't notice this stiffness/soreness. I believe that I may not have been injecting deep enough the last few times. I understand that sin pins aren't really the preferred needle for oil based products but I'm still able to fill the needle and I have had successful injections that weren't stiff or painful after a day and a half.

@Anyone: Will massaging the area before and after help or make it worse?

Thread Information