Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By BG
  • 3 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By frank13
  • 1 Post By clarkey02

Thread: Running biceps to the ground while on cycle?

jump100 is offline Junior Member

Running biceps to the ground while on cycle?

Folks - Just started my first cycle a few weeks ago and I already feel a huge difference in terms of strenght and energy. My biceps have always been my weakest part and are hard to grow. I am taking advantage of the cycle to make the Fu$&kers grow. Would it be possible to work them hard three times per week during a cycle, or still to much regardsless of test levels?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No you still need to give them time to recover.

thanks, bro.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    If you train them right once a wk will be enough.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    I like training them twice a week myself

thewarrior8845 is offline Junior Member
    if you were training arms once per week before the cycle i would try twice per week on cycle. dont jump to three times a week.

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    Wtf... Natty I wouldnt recommend under twice a week for a weak point.
    Ideally 3.

But if you are moron enough to do 2 hours of biceps then yes 3 times is too much but past 2 exercise of arm isolation( 2-3 set) it become worhless...

Once a week wont do shit.

So on cycle you are good to go doing it 3-4 times a weeks.

But keep in mind doing a whole hour of arm is just moronic...
    You add an isolation exercise per weak point its enough... Its way better to do it more frequent with adequate volume.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qscgugcsq View Post
    Wtf... Natty I wouldnt recommend under twice a week for a weak point.
    Ideally 3.

But if you are moron enough to do 2 hours of biceps then yes 3 times is too much but over 2 exercise of arm isolation become worhless...

Once a week wont do shit.

So on cycle you are good to go doing it 3-4 times a weeks.

But keep in mine doing a whole hour of arm is just moronic...
    You add an isolation exercise per weak point its enough... Its way better to do it more frequent with adequate volume.
    Can't really believe what I just read here

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    I spend about 15- 20 minutes a week on biceps. One day a week

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Op check out Marcus diary in the lounge. Learn to train HIT....

Before I started the cycle, I was working biceps once per week and even after a week I did not feel fully recovered. After having been on cycle for several weeks now, I work biceps twice per week (intensely) and I still feel I can push them even further. My only fear is causing an injury, but my muscles are telling, "sure, go ahead, we're ready, we can handle it"

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    On cycle I work each body part 2x a week. Off cycle I just do once per week. I continue to see results on and off cycle.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Ive seen guys do twice ew with great results, three would be far to much. Vary the work out, dont repeat the same thing. One day heavy low rep, second light full constriction.
    Cuz likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    I have tried everything under the sun. Low reps, high reps, heavy, heavier, go for pumps, negatives, drop sets, forced sets, after failure. I have done crazy 6 week arms programs. I've done back bis/ chest tris. Gave arms their own day, even skipped arms thinking they were getting enough from chest and back days. Personally I am now working arms everyday. I think overtraining is bs, so we will see if I am right, Hopefully I'll put some more size on my boys. I have only been doing it about a week and a half so far. My arms feel nice and full, and there is about 2000 exercises so I change it up daily after other body parts.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoe11 View Post
    I have tried everything under the sun. Low reps, high reps, heavy, heavier, go for pumps, negatives, drop sets, forced sets, after failure. I have done crazy 6 week arms programs. I've done back bis/ chest tris. Gave arms their own day, even skipped arms thinking they were getting enough from chest and back days. Personally I am now working arms everyday. I think overtraining is bs, so we will see if I am right, Hopefully I'll put some more size on my boys. I have only been doing it about a week and a half so far. My arms feel nice and full, and there is about 2000 exercises so I change it up daily after other body parts.
    What you are feeling is a good pump but you wont gain and size this way and soon enough you will start breaking down what you have and get smaller. It's proven over and over that training the same muscle every day even on cycle will not get you size. Look at all the distance runners, bikers etc. Are any of the big? No you have to learn to train properly to get size. You also have to keep at it long enough to make a difference. If you are expecting results in a few short weeks you are going to be disappointed.

Pick one of them such as drop sets and stick with it for at least 60 days before switching to something else such as dead loads or ???

I use to do the same thing, not working the same muscle every day but usually 3x a week. If I knew in my teens and early 20s what I know now I would have been 3x as big easily. I use to train 1 1/2 - 2hrs a day. I didnt eat nearly enough or the right foods either. I was in good shape, lean but not what I wanted to be.

Youth is wasted on the young. Learn from our mistakes.
    gold43, oxfordbeta and marcus300 like this.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Link log

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    What you are feeling is a good pump but you wont gain and size this way and soon enough you will start breaking down what you have and get smaller. It's proven over and over that training the same muscle every day even on cycle will not get you size. Look at all the distance runners, bikers etc. Are any of the big? No you have to learn to train properly to get size. You also have to keep at it long enough to make a difference. If you are expecting results in a few short weeks you are going to be disappointed. Pick one of them such as drop sets and stick with it for at least 60 days before switching to something else such as dead loads or ??? I use to do the same thing, not working the same muscle every day but usually 3x a week. If I knew in my teens and early 20s what I know now I would have been 3x as big easily. I use to train 1 1/2 - 2hrs a day. I didnt eat nearly enough or the right foods either. I was in good shape, lean but not what I wanted to be. Youth is wasted on the young. Learn from our mistakes.
    My training is good, the majority of the last few years has been with my training partner john. He is an x mr California, mr Malibu and mr Los Angeles. I have a real solid schedule, usually six days a week the past few years. My chest, shoulders and back grow like crazy. Over the past year or so I have got lots of definition and vascularity. My arms look much bigger and I'm stronger, just no addition in size with a tape measure

Seems it's mixed bag on over training. Some people agree, and some people don't. Who knows maybe your completely right, I still have to try it though. The fun part of the journey is figuring out what works for you. Everyone has a different make up. I'll try and keep this thread posted on any results good or bad. Thank you for your input bro.

My work outs are quick and intense. Usually around 45 mins I can kill any body part. Not including cardio time. My everyday arms routine is 2 exercises for biceps and 2 for triceps after my normal body part workout. Then one day a week an arms day. Like I said man we will see. Luckily I love doing arms so in hoping for the best.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Ive seen guys do twice ew with great results, three would be far to much. Vary the work out, dont repeat the same thing. One day heavy low rep, second light full constriction.
    This is exactly what I do OP. Works for me. Ill hit arms by themselves and midweek I will only pump my biceps up. Not a weak workout but not beyond failure like on there own day. Senseless to work biceps more than twice a week.

Twice a week max on cycle, once off. Your biceps are stimulated ALOT during back day. And even chest and delt day. Young guys out here listening to Rich Piana preaching arms three times a week is just bs.

Honestly once is enuff if properly trained with heavy weight. I just like to pump mine on chest day with moderate weight and high reps so I can walk around full and pumped.
    lovbyts likes this.

frank13 is offline "AR's Official Turkey Bacon Expert"
    I do everything 2x a week and save a day to hit whatever I feel like I was weak on that week
    gold43 likes this.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    .............and don't forgot your tri's

arms need symmetry, like any other muscle group

tectime is offline Member
    Right about tris. If you want big defined upper arms tris are about 2/3rds of that area ! I like to hit back/ bis on their own day and chest/tris on their own then maybe hit bis/tris on a sat. All by themselves.

clarkey02 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qscgugcsq
    Wtf... Natty I wouldnt recommend under twice a week for a weak point. Ideally 3. But if you are moron enough to do 2 hours of biceps then yes 3 times is too much but past 2 exercise of arm isolation( 2-3 set) it become worhless... Once a week wont do shit. So on cycle you are good to go doing it 3-4 times a weeks. But keep in mind doing a whole hour of arm is just moronic... You add an isolation exercise per weak point its enough... Its way better to do it more frequent with adequate volume.
    Well that's 2 minutes of my life completely wasted that I'll never get back.......
    lovbyts likes this.

Thread Information