• 2 Post By Deal Me In
  • 1 Post By jimmyinkedup
  • 2 Post By Back In Black
  • 1 Post By tectime
  • 1 Post By jimmyinkedup

Thread: Anabolic reference guide

Heapsreal is offline New Member

Anabolic reference guide

Early 1990s this book, The anabolic reference Guide, was floating around and giving all the gym junkies all this information instead of having to rely on info from his dealer. This was prior to internet forums etc. Lets say its outdated now but interesting and guys made gains from these types of cycles. Also only the pro's used any type of pct back then. It was a taper off slowly strategy to try and keep gains for most. When i find my book i will post a few more cycle but here is a beginners cycle that was promoted heavily in the book and was mentioned to do this for 6-8 weeks twice a year with a good break before going onto the big stuff. Remember back then testosterone was dangerous and only used for those who were serious, other wise lots of anabolics were used.

wk1 Deca 200mg
    wk2 Deca 200mg
    wk3 Deca 200mg
    wk4 Deca 200mg
    wk5 Deca 200mg
    wk6 Deca 200mg
    A further 2 weeks could be dont but one needed another 6 months off drugs.

Interesting to hear people comments who used some of the cycles in the book back in the day and what the current crowd have to say?

Entertainment purposes??

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I was just taking andro back then. that and I believe creatine. I was still struggling with proper nutrition.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I wouldn't touch a Deca cycle without Test with a 10-foot pole.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The 80's were even better for poor information. Basically you relied on whomever you were dealing with for accurate information. There just wasn't much out there and when you did stumble across some literature about AAS you thought you found the holy grail. I tried a deca only cycle back in the day........ One way to learn what NOT to do the hard way.
    jimmyinkedup and Heapsreal like this.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Makes you appreciate the info we all have access too now. Things have come a long way.
    Heapsreal likes this.

Deal Me In is offline Member
    I remember reading that book. It seems back then we knew a lot about the compounds but nothing about what they did to the body. It was just a bunch of, "This is strong, take this."

Makes me wonder where we'll be in 20 years. How much more will we know. Will we look back now and think, "What the hell were we thinking. How did we live through that?"
    Heapsreal and Khazima like this.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    The 80's were even better for poor information. Basically you relied on whomever you were dealing with for accurate information. There just wasn't much out there and when you did stumble across some literature about AAS you thought you found the holy grail. I tried a deca only cycle back in the day........ One way to learn what NOT to do the hard way.
    I tried a Deca only cycle once also, terrible idea.

fastman9 is offline Junior Member
    I used Daniel Duchaine's book back in the day, very helpful but times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by fastman9
    I used Daniel Duchaine's book back in the day, very helpful but times have changed.
    Agreed, that was probably the only thing that became available that pointed you in the right direction.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fastman9 View Post
    Underground Steroid Handbook - still have it around somewhere. Guy was years ahead of his time but far from conservative!
    Heapsreal likes this.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Makes you appreciate the info we all have access too now. Things have come a long way.
    Yet there's still plenty of people who do no research before jumping straight in. Amazes me.
    jimmyinkedup and Heapsreal like this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Found my book, so will post a few old school cycles recommended in the book, definately interesting compared to the information available now.

Diamond pattern:
    Week of cycle oral d-bol(5mg/tab) sustanon 250mg/amp HCG 1000 unts/cc
    1 2tabs 1 amp/wk
    2 3tabs 1amp/wk
    3 4tabs 2amps/wk
    4 5tabs 2amps/wk
    5 6tabs 3amps/wk
    6 5tabs 2amps/wk
    7 5tabs 2amps/wk
    8 4tabs 1amp/wk
    9 3tabs 1amp/wk
    10 3tabs 1amp/wk
    11 2tabs
    12 1tab
    13 HCG 4cc/wk
    14 HCG 4cc/wk

This was supposedly a typical beginners type cycle with an attempt at a PCT which looks like it wasnt started until the sust had cleared?
    As much as this seems odd it was probably better then guys stopping at big doses with no PCT/restart. At a guess tapering the final portion with orals may have helped them keep more muscle then just stop cold turkey????????????? Even back then it was probably mostly pro's that could get HCG. It wasnt uncommon to see guys bloat up and look like monsters and a few months later look like they hadnt lifted at all.

I do remember an article from Dan Duchaine about using Bulgarian tribulus, cant remember the exact name, but it was one of the first attempts at PCT. Cyclofenil was another substanced used to supposedly increase T production, similar to clomid i think? These methods obviously werent that successful as the pro's back in the day would just do bridges between cycles with promobolan or anavar , so basically on all the time. Deca dick is mentioned but im sure there was probably alot of primobolan dick and anavar dick too??

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830 View Post
    I tried a Deca only cycle once also, terrible idea.
    I also did this unaware, just taking the advise from a "friend" who knew better at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck
    I also did this unaware, just taking the advise from a "friend" who knew better at the time.
    Probably one of the worst AAS experience I ever had except for the anadrol only cycle!!!!!! What an idiot!

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    Probably one of the worst AAS experience I ever had except for the anadrol only cycle!!!!!! What an idiot!
    Actually I really didn't get much from it either way, no deca dick and no gains.

tectime is offline Member
    Haha ! That old deca cycle times posted was the first cycle I did when I was 26 yrs old except we ran it for 8 wks adding tes prop for the last 2wks. Man I went from like 170 to 190 like a balloon haha I mean like a balloon as puffy swelled up haha! Never had any problems with anything else ( hey 26 and in the eighties **** fest) never had a problem since. also didn't do any more juice till I turned 48 so I gave myself plenty of recovery time. Haha! Yes thank GOD for sll the info that us available if you know where to search and who is creditable.
    Heapsreal likes this.

Advanced 3 week blitz cycle.
    contained d-bol 5mg/tab, sustanon 250, anavar 2.5mg/tab, parabolan 76mg/amp, cypionate 200mg/cc, HCG 1000units/cc

wk1 dbol 3tabs/day
    wk2 dbol 4tabs/day
    wk3 dbol 5tabs/day, sustanon 1 amp/wk,
    wk4 sustanon 2 amps/wk
    wk5 sustanon 2 amps/wk, anavar 4tabs/day
    wk6 anavar 5tabs/day
    wk7 anavar 6tabs/day, parabolan 1 amp/wk
    wk8 parabolan 2 amps/wk
    wk9 parabolan 3amps/wk, cypionate 3cc/wk
    wk10 cypionate 2cc/wk
    wk11 cypionate 1cc/wk
    wk12 cypionate 1/2cc/wk
    wk13 HCG 4 cc/wk
    wk15 HCG 4cc/wk

People say sustanon is a hormonal roller coaster, looking at this cycle one would be all over the place. If one says that there needs to be a minimum of 400mg a week for a cycle, this example only has a total of 4 weeks out of the 12 that are 400mg plus and even it is split apart by a few weeks.

There is some examples of some unknown pro's and docs of what and how they used roids i will post. Hopefully its interesting to some?

Blog Entries
    I think it is. Shows how much has come to light and improved. We have learned a lot of things that should address a lot of potential health issues etc.
    Heapsreal likes this.

Thread Information