oakley990099 is offline New Member

What to expect between cycles

Hey guys, I have been lurking around and getting ALOT of knowledge by just searching and reading. But there are debates going around about keeping the gains you make after cycle. I am a newb still and only mid cycle of my first test only cycle.

Now I know, after a cycle most will lose a decent portion of their gains because of water retention and just not properly eating and resting during pct. And some claim you can keep 90% when others at other sources say it is inevitable that you will lose the gains 1-2 or even 4 monts down the road (but you will at some point)..

Regardless, the point of my thread is to get the best cycle options to to use year round. What a mean by this is: I want to find out a way to SAFELY take gear throughout the year without bridging, but instead safely promoting pct and time off before the next cycle. And doing this while not shrinking too much before the next cycle has started up again.

Like I said I am a newb and still mid test e cycle so I am going off of the tons of reading I have done on multiple forums. So I have not even read anyone's results as of 3 months after pct on test e (when they would be starting another cycle safely)... Are they back at the point where they started before the cycle and just going to repeat this process? Have they kept maybe 5lbs to take to the new 2nd cycle?

I know the common perception of losing all gains after cycle is due to lack of rest and not dieting properly and partly genetics. But given that you do your research and are making the most of pct, what are the best cycles to take thouhout the year?

I have heard of something like:
    Splitting the year up into three chunks of days (120days each). And every 120 days do 40 days (2 vials) of test prop. And then 20 days of easy tamoxifen pct. Then 60 days of natty training.

I heard something like this to be effective for gradual but steady gains thought the year with minimal loss since you're only about 80days off at a time of the gear.

*also read that 'on average' people lose about a lb of muscle a month after coming off gear* could be very wrong but that is another theory floating around.

**** so in conclusion: just want to see what you all are doing year round to avoid the vicious cycle of gaining-shrinking-gaining again while doing gear. Or in better worlds, how you guys are minimizing the gain loss between cycles and what cycles you're doing in the first place.

-thanks for your time guys!

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    The heavier the cycle, the worse the come off

Depending on how your body treats it also. Seen both - Guys coming off heavy gear & barely touching PCT, yet still perfectly fine. Or - Me & others alike, coming off gear into severe depression, lethargy & zero sex drive

Replied to the response but forgot to quote you and it duplicated, so the reply is below
    Last edited by oakley990099; 09-07-2014 at 03:13 PM.

frank13 is offline "AR's Official Turkey Bacon Expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post

Depending on how your body treats it also. Seen both - Guys coming off heavy gear & barely touching PCT, yet still perfectly fine. Or - Me & others alike, coming off gear into severe depression, lethargy & zero sex drive
    2x that's what blasting and Cruisings for

I understand that concept. But what id like to hear more about is what happens 12-14 weeks after completing pct with a basic single compound cycle. I want to know if you are basically (with the exception of a few lbs) at the same point you were before your first cycle when you head into the second. And if there are ways to cycle through gear cycles with minimal loss in between. Such as using a faster estor like test prop and doing smaller more frequent cycles so that time off of gear is smaller, thus making deminishing gains less of a problem too. Or do most guys hold most or their gains going into the next cycle?
    I don't need to be competitetive worthy by any means. I just want to learn more about the process people take to avoid blowing up and shrinking and blowing up again yA know

Hopefully will get some more input from people on here. I don't mean to come as asking obvious questions, nor do intend to "bash" gear. I just want to learn how someone can achieve this without bridging or cycle for long terms

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by frank13 View Post
    2x that's what blasting and Cruisings for
    I'm not sure if you were just referring to his problem or reffering to me too, but personally I would never blast and cruise unless I was being paid for my appearance or proformance. It is too much of an unhealthy risk. That is why I am creating this thread.
    To get other options to minimize the in between cycle shrinking, but without resorting to unhealthy options like blast/cruise.
    Thanks for the input though!

Blog Entries
    I'm not coming off as long as my health permits. This does not mean I stay on a ton of sauce year round.

About 2-3 months post pct - well, it depends how the cycle went. Your body will slowly try to go back into homeostasis. This all depends on ones genetics. I have seen plenty of guys that look quite close to what I do, yet they barely cycle at all(1-2 years in between).

Yet some shrink so fast that it seems that they got smaller than they did before the cycle.

I'm not coming off as long as my health permits. This does not mean I stay on a ton of sauce year round.

About 2-3 months post pct - well, it depends how the cycle went. Your body will slowly try to go back into homeostasis. This all depends on ones genetics. I have seen plenty of guys that look quite close to what I do, yet they barely cycle at all(1-2 years in between).

Yet some shrink so fast that it seems that they got smaller than they did before the cycle.
    Yeah i have no problem cycling year round as long as those 3 months off between cycles I'm not going to be sitting there at my precycle stats. That's all I am worried about.
    Id like to just continue doing simple cycles with test base of some sort. Maybe an oral like var if I want. And then come off for the same time I was on.. Meanwhile not shrinking. And three months later starting another simple cycle. Preferably at moderate dosage like 500-800mg.

carbo is offline Associate Member
    It depends on ones genetics. I've been cycling on and off for about 5 years now and I'd estimate my strength is up roughly 30-40% and lean weight about 15-20% after this time.

I tend to believe the premise, that it's takes supranatural levels of AAS/HGH to build all that extra muscle, but some of us are able to maintain that newly acquired tissue even on natural Test/HGH levels post cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by carbo View Post
    It depends on ones genetics. I've been cycling on and off for about 5 years now and I'd estimate my strength is up roughly 30-40% and lean weight about 15-20% after this time.

I tend to believe the premise, that it's takes supernatural levels of AAS/HGH to build all that extra muscle, but some of us are able to maintain that newly acquired tissue even on natural Test/HGH levels post cycle.
    How is your body between cycles? Specifically how is it around the 3-4 month mark after pct of last cycle and going into the next? These are the kind of things I can't seem to find on the Internet. People always log results but only within like the month after yA know
    Thanks again for the input guys

The body is swell, thanks for asking

You will lose some of the gains and strength post cycle, there is virtually no way going around it. But in the long term, you should be adding up. Otherwise, what's the point...

Blog Entries
    It all depends

I have posted this before - After cycling heavily for a few months & then coming off, I fell apart. Nothing like I predicted & nothing easily describable. Strength was there & so was size - But, the will to get up & face the day was not.

One of my bros is going through the same shit. He was forced to come off gear after years of blasting & cruising. Last I seen him, he was really not doing well mentally. Alright to say the most I suppose.

The hormonal load we put on our body is not light & how "your, mine or the next guy's" body will react is highly unpredictable.

Yet, I don't take back the decision of getting on so far for one second.

Yes, coming completely off after years of blasting and cruising... a major crash can be expected here unfortunatelly.

My experience assumes taking care of ones HPTA by attempting full recovery post cycle and taking enough time off.

Quote Originally Posted by carbo View Post
    The body is swell, thanks for asking

You will lose some of the gains and strength post cycle, there is virtually no way going around it. But in the long term, you should be adding up. Otherwise, what's the point...
    That's exactly what I was kind of getting at but not not trying to be an ass about it haha. Awesome bro. I'm only 4 weeks into a test only cycle. Which I have been reading up on for litterally a full year. I finally got my body fat and composition where it needed to be. Found (what I hope) is a legit source and got all my stuff. My diet is based on everything I've read in here plus my personal schedule and goals...

But now that I'm on it and waiting for week 5-6 when things start to kick up even more, I decided to research maintaining the gains in getting post cycle and all that.. That's when I came across videos and articles describing that it is impossible to keep gains off cycle.

So I was like wtf am i doing this for then? Yeah I'm not going to come off for ever but I'm planning on doing two mild cycles a year. (3 months on/ 3months off / 3 on / 3 off) .. Well a little longer off I suppose since pct is an additional 6 weeks with the 2 week break (test e) ..

That brought me to make this thread. I just want to hear the truth about what happens between these cycles granted you do a good job and eat plenty during pct and don't over train and all that.

And if the body doesn't go back to pre cycle form by the end of the rest period... Great!
    On top of that id like to get sample -simple cycles that are effective and also involve a shorter break for hptA to recover, if anyone has input on that.

Thread Information