Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Back In Black
  • 3 Post By Back In Black

Thread: Just need some advice? Thanks in advance

jawstoyz is offline New Member

Just need some advice? Thanks in advance

I'm 41 and just finished dropping about 45 pounds of fat. I have just been doing cardio only. I would like to drop another 10-15 pounds of fat, in the same process was hoping to put on 5-10 pounds of lean muscle. I'm starting the process now of lifting weights. I do not need advice on diets or training I do have knowledge in this area from my younger years. What I do need advice on, I'm thinking of doing a cycle and would want to know what you think would be best to use to accomplish my goals. I do not want to be look blotted or retaining water. I honestly want five - ten pounds at most of lean muscle. Only want it noticeable when the shirt comes off to be honest. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Mike.

chemstudent is offline New Member
    Definitely oxandrolone. Also know as Anavar is a cutting steroid . With your claimed knowledge on dieting, the only thing I can direct you to do is to lift BEFORE you do cardio. Doing this will use your glycogen reserves in your muscle and therefore when you run you will "burn" more fat.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    In my opinion 250mg or 500mg test C or test test E for ten weeks with hcg would be a good place to start. Alot of guys on here will tell you 500mg for first cycle. But you can get great results with 250mg for ten weeks I know that for sure. Austinite has an awesome article on here called planning and executing a successful first cycle. Its definately worth reading he lays everything right out for you including Pct. Good luck!!

Chemstudent thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it. Reading the boards and I'm remember a lot of names of different types or steroids . Anavar definitely a name I know from the past, which has been about 23 years now at least. What about winstrol ? How do the two compare to one another?

Test alone is your best choice! Don't run other compounds without test base. Just sayin!!

Joco that would not be to much size? I was referred to 250mg test, but was not sure. I'm older now and have kids/family and do not really want them to notice. Just want them to think it's just hard work. If I recall correctly hcg is human growth hormones?

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    If you just started lifting weights again recently I would highly advise you not to run any type of cycle yet.

No that is HGH. Hcg helps keep your nuts working while your natural testosterone is shut dwn. I'm a little older than you with a family and thats what I take it works great for me. 250mg of test 250iu of hcg twice per week and .5 of anastrozole 1 per week. I like the way I feel and putting muscle on and loosing fat. Your diet and exercise needs to be there. There no substitute for either.
    Last edited by Joco71; 09-10-2014 at 03:10 PM.

As far as anavar vs winstrol go. I would personally do anavar. Anavar is great for cutting and gaining strength while winstrol is used for cutting and gaining lean mass. However my reasoning for choosing anavar is that it does not lead to aromatization.

But I can't disagree with a test cycle either. I ran an 8 week test base cycle in the summer and I developed a really lean physique.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123
    If you just started lifting weights again recently I would highly advise you not to run any type of cycle yet.
    Listen to this guy not the other guys.
    Khazima likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

That's right it's been so long. Thanks for the information. Reading these boards gets the old brain working again. I know about the work ethic and diet as well. In all honesty diet could still use some improvement as for ethic I spend about 2 hours working out hard. I do not socialize at all, it's all business when I go.

I agree with you BIB but it is helpful to some, because their mind is made up before they even post. IMHO

I'm in no rush to start the cycle just want to educate myself as much as possible before I start. A lot of things change in 20 plus years.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Listen to this guy not the other guys.
    This

celeee is offline New Member
    Test or winny cycle or both would do wonders

Test and Winny can go together nicely. Thanks for all the info guys

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by celeee View Post
    Test or winny cycle or both would do wonders
    Please don't listen to this crap. Like i said before never run just a oral only cycle. U will drop ur test levels into the ground and u will hate life... Test only in a couple of years when u have a good.muscular base..
    Quote Originally Posted by jawstoyz View Post
    I'm in no rush to start the cycle just want to educate myself as much as possible before I start. A lot of things change in 20 plus years.
    Smart :-) keep learning
    Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    BINGO this is what u should be listening to.. U just started to lift. U have need to take drugs. U probably have no muscular base.

Joco that would not be to much size? I was referred to 250mg test, but was not sure. I'm older now and have kids/family and do not really want them to notice. Just want them to think it's just hard work. If I recall correctly hcg is human growth hormones?
    This comment tells me u don't know exactly what ur going to be putting into ur body.. Ur not going to become the hulk off of ur first cycle. Also if u don't know what HCG is u need to study up on what ur going to be putting in ur body
    Quote Originally Posted by Joco71 View Post
    Test alone is your best choice! Don't run other compounds without test base. Just sayin!!
    Good advice
    Ok so there is a sh*t ton of wrong advice in this thread. So im going try and clear it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by chemstudent View Post
    Definitely oxandrolone. Also know as Anavar is a cutting steroid. With your claimed knowledge on dieting, the only thing I can direct you to do is to lift BEFORE you do cardio. Doing this will use your glycogen reserves in your muscle and therefore when you run you will "burn" more fat.
    Don't listen to this. If u decided to run a cycle. (IMO u should't touch any AAS: side note- if u don't know what AAS stands for u have no business touching drugs) ok back on track. Never run a oral only cycle. test first

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    That's right it's been so long. Thanks for the information. Reading these boards gets the old brain working again. I know about the work ethic and diet as well. In all honesty diet could still use some improvement as for ethic I spend about 2 hours working out hard. I do not socialize at all, it's all business when I go.
    None of that particularly matters in your case unfortunately. The problem lies in you not having a solid lifting/training base. You have no need for AAS at this point as beginner gains are extremely quick to be had (in some cases faster than with steroids ), your muscles will get stronger disproportionally to your ligaments and tendons increasing risk of injury, there's no base to build off so when you come off cycle how do you know if your training is conducive to retaining the gains?, and without knowing your full stats it's a perfectly valid assumption to think that AAS are not needed to accomplish your goals.

djkhaledtaha is offline New Member
    personally, id run test alone at 500 a week. but if you do want to add anything i would add anavar . you will get great results with test alone. Not trying to spam, but how do i create my own thread. im new to this website and cant seem to create my own post...

GGot FFina? is offline Associate Member
    I would simply take Test. Maybe 300-500 MG/week for this task. I would also throw in Arimadex (easily acquired at the AR-R shop rite up top, which will reduce the bloat the test will give you, which you mentioned you really dont want.

At your body fat %, the gear you choose is not the most important thing here. Your diet will be. What the gear will do though, is allow you to keep or even build muscle (if diet is done right) while continuing to loose fat.

Good luck!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    For those that are recommending this guy run a cycle when a cycle when he is just starting the process of lifting weights you are all idiots. What do you think AAS are magical fat loss aids that cause no health problems? No injuries? You don't think this guy isn't gonna get some newbie gains just by incorporating a good workout programme and having his diet fine tuned.

For all of you posting here that are using AAS as a crux for your own poor training and/or poor diets then that's fine but don't come here advising this poor guy to cycle all types of compounds when he has barely lifted a weight yet.

To Joco71, has this guy said he is going to cycle no matter what we say? Does he have his mind made up? NO. read his post. Even if he did say that it is the nature of this board to educate and encourage safe cycling. You'll understand that the more you read and post. If that's not your style then this probably isn't the right board for you. But I hope it is.

OP - head over to the diet forum and let's see what we can do for you safely no matter how great you think your diet is we may be able to help.
    tarmyg, Khazima and Docd187123 like this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information