Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte

Thread: Perscribed prednisone on cycle

Mountainman360 is offline Associate Member

Perscribed prednisone on cycle

On a test only cycle for 12 weeks and just started my 3rd. Doc prescribed me the corticosteroid prednisone because I have strep throat and it should bring down the inflammation. Will this drug have any negative effect on my cycle or the way the test interacts with the body?

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    You sould be fine taking prednisone while on cycle as long as you aren't also using a statin, and I don't believe it inhibits 2D6 either. I think it would be a good idea to err on the side of caution and not use it during PCT.
    Last edited by numbere; 08-18-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere
    You sould be fine taking prednisone while on cycle as long as you aren't also using a statin, and I don't believe it inhibits 2D6 either. I think it would be a good idea to err on the side of caution and not use it during PCT.
    Thanks buddy. I'll only be using it for 15 days so it'll be long before my pct starts

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainman360 View Post
    Thanks buddy. I'll only be using it for 15 days so it'll be long before my pct starts
    It'll most likely bloat you up... But it'll cease when discontinued... Really not much you can do for the water retention(but 15 days is a pretty short course) GL

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Are you taking an antibiotic as well, I hope?
    thisAngelBites likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte
    Are you taking an antibiotic as well, I hope?
    I am, amoxicillin. Sucks cause I haven't been reacting very well to the antibiotics so I've been sick with a fever and extremely painful sore throat for over a week so I can't go to the gym, eat or even hardly drink water. It's getting a little better now so I'm gonna get back into it tomorrow. Feels like such a waste though. Lost 5 lbs I'm dedicated though so I'll make up for lost time for sure!

Thread Information