Cdoubleu is offline New Member

Steroid use and collagen synthesis.

As am new to ASS's ive been doing a ton of research before even thinking about my first cycle. So far i have come across a lot of conflicting views on aas's positive/negative affects on collagen synthesis. Some studies show certain aas increase it. ( eg. Deca , anavar , equiposise, ect.) The same studies say that test has a negative effect on col syn. Other studies ive read say the opposite about test!

Now as i plan for my first cycle i believe taking everyone's advice about keeping it to test only is the best option.

Seeing so many conflicting things on the net raises the question... And some feedback from people who have actually used steroids would be great... Has anyone ever had any bad experience with test e and their tendons, ligaments, and joints?

Wintermaul is offline Junior Member
    Ive also read that Deca , anavar , primo and EQ increases collagen synthesis and is "recommended" to have a baseline in a cycle just because of that. Testosterone in larger amounts that TRT(more than 250mg/week) is said to give a drop in collagen synth. So i know some people who just add a small dose of deca or EQ, like 200mg a week to counter the testosterone.
    Im sorry but i have no studies to link to about this so it could just be nonsense. Its an interesting thing though.

If you want soft joint repair you need to keep the Deca dose pretty low, 150mg/wk or so. Higher doses has the opposite effect on collagen. The synthesis is temporary. The relief normally last about 6 months for me.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well I must say, I read "ASS's" and laughed out loud right in the middle of my class taking a test. I don't know why it was so funny, I guess because it was childish.

I find the key to using deca to promote joint health is great. The only problems I've had was when I ran it in a cycle and my estrogen got a little too low because of too much AI.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    The increase in collagen synthesis caused by aas does nothing to increase joint strength of health for that matter. While collagen synthesis is increased - cross link connectivity is not so they do nothing to imprve the heath or strength of joints (ligamnets, tendon etc).
    The relief one experiences while taking deca is due t its affinity to the progesterone recptor and progesterone acts as a fairly potent anti inflammatory.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    If you want soft joint repair you need to keep the Deca dose pretty low, 150mg/wk or so. Higher doses has the opposite effect on collagen. The synthesis is temporary. The relief normally last about 6 months for me.
    Oh ya, steriods 's's. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830 View Post
    Well I must say, I read "ASS's" and laughed out loud right in the middle of my class taking a test. I don't know why it was so funny, I guess because it was childish.

I find the key to using deca to promote joint health is great. The only problems I've had was when I ran it in a cycle and my estrogen got a little too low because of too much AI.

Man i suck at this, that was meant for you

Thanks for the feedback guys. You know ive read about the lack of cross-linking that winny causes but those others i mentioned on the op supposedly do promote that. But who knows, studies are always different. Eg. One year they say coffee is bad for you and now they say good.

Anyway, just wanted to see what some of your experiences were. So thanks. After reading about the way test can slow collagen synthesis it had me wondering if adding something to counteract that would be a good idea. Something like deca this early seems a little crazy for me scotchguard but anavar had me curious since is suppost to be milder than most.

Any thoughts on that along with test e?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    The increase in collagen synthesis caused by aas does nothing to increase joint strength of health for that matter. While collagen synthesis is increased - cross link connectivity is not so they do nothing to imprve the heath or strength of joints (ligamnets, tendon etc).
    The relief one experiences while taking deca is due t its affinity to the progesterone recptor and progesterone acts as a fairly potent anti inflammatory.
    ^ this

which is why a few years in the gym mandatory prior to considering a first cycle. Tendons/ligaments need to toughen up well ahead of any planned first cycle.

Ok cool. Ive got a good amount of training behind me. So do u guys figure there is not a lot of stake in the studies saying test will slow the collagen s. anD leave a guy prone to injury?
    My thought would be the abuse of it or just getting over confident with the new strength.

Thread Information