Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By itiswhatitis
  • 1 Post By ghettoboyd
  • 1 Post By lovbyts

Thread: Draw needle needed?

Meanlock is offline New Member

Draw needle needed?

So im about to do my first shot tomorrow, and im really looking forward to it.
    But somewhere i'v seen the talk about a draw needle, a bigger needle you apply to suck the oil up into the syringe. Are these normally used or can I just use the needle itself to that? Im supposed to go buy the needles tomorrow aswell. Also can you recommend a size for the quads? First timer

skaz915 is offline Member
    I use 23 gauge 1" my quads and don't use a draw needle. It'll just take longer to draw from vial but you shouldn't be in a rush if your pinning yourself anyway

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    18g 1.5" for drawing
    23g 1.5" for glutes
    23g 1" for quads
    25g 1" for deltz or any other small area

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I use 22g 1inch for everything. no need to complicate things.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Just like that!!use 25g 1" for quads would be better than 23g 1". IMO

thomasfreddy is offline Junior Member
    Using a draw needle is always better
    Once the liquid is drawn change to
    A smaller pin obviously a new sterile one
    Get rid of any air bubbles and jab
    Changing the pin to jab Is always gonna
    Reduce infection

Baxter35 is offline Member
    A draw needle is supposed to keep the injection needle from getting dulled, but I used a larger draw needle for a while and decided I couldn't tell a difference vs. drawing and pinning with the same needle. I use 23g 1.5 for glutes and 25g 1" for delts and draw/pin with same needle. It just takes a little while to fill the syringe. There shouldn't be any infection concern, your just inserting the needle into the same vial from which your injecting anyway so if the vials contaminated your screwed either way.

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    So can now I got a question. Can you re use the draw niddle? To draw again?

Switch to your other niddle to pin but re use draw pin?

Baxter35 is offline Member
    I wouldn't save and reuse a draw needle. Seems like too much chance of the needle picking up bacteria and then transferring it into the vial.

Red Bastard is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    18g 1.5" for drawing
    I have some 18's, but have never used them for drawing. Some say that that larger gauge sometimes punches little plugs out of the rubber stopper, creating floaters in the vial...

Quote Originally Posted by thomasfreddy View Post
    Get rid of any air bubbles and jab
    Don't worry about air bubbles. In fact, I create a large (.2ml) bubble, at the top of my syringe, to push every last drop of oil in...
    Air embolism danger is highly over stated, and even then, only huge volumes, intravenous, are a concern...

itiswhatitis is offline Junior Member
    Just get a cup of hot water ... Sit vial in cup for 5 minutes before drawing out of vial. Will draw out quite easily.
    Red Bastard likes this.

Blog Entries
    needles are so frikin cheap why wouldn't you use separate pins?...do not use the same pin more than once to draw or inject or you are asking for trouble for what should be obvious reasons...good luck...
    Red Bastard likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I only use 18g for filling. They are just to big IMO and can leave a small hole in the top of the vial liquid can leak out of if things get turned sideway. 21g or 23g for drawing. 23g or 25g for injecting.

I make sure I buy the syringe with the size I want to draw with so I dont have to take it off and put on a different one to draw increasing the chance of contamination. The less you have to touch or mess with things the better.
    Red Bastard likes this.

Jaydenn is offline Junior Member
    Maybe someone should sticky what sizes to use,
    I use 25 "1 for most body parts,

Jaydenn is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I only use 18g for filling. They are just to big IMO and can leave a small hole in the top of the vial liquid can leak out of if things get turned sideway. 21g or 23g for drawing. 23g or 25g for injecting.

I make sure I buy the syringe with the size I want to draw with so I dont have to take it off and put on a different one to draw increasing the chance of contamination. The less you have to touch or mess with things the better.
    My needle exchange gave me 18s to draw, i think they're mainly used for insulin , i tried using for it drawing a vial, and it was insanely hard to push in, so i stick to 21s for drawing and 25s for injecting. Also i think 18s would damage the vial, due to the stress it takes just to push it in.
    Last edited by Jaydenn; 09-16-2014 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Mistake

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenn View Post
    My needle exchange gave me 18s to draw, i think they're mainly used for insulin, i tried using for it drawing a vial, and it was insanely hard to push in, so i stick to 21s for drawing and 25s for injecting. Also i think 18s would damage the vial, due to the stress it takes just to push it in.
    Yeah and it also depends on the material the vial stopper is made of. Some are harder than others but either way 18g is harder to push through.

Needle size is what kept me from using aas in my early 20s. No internet back then so information was limited. I ALMOST started using. I had no idea what it even was, like most kids I though steroids was all the same. Most likeley it was tren because it was for livestock and came in 5mg syringe with a 16g or 14g, 3in needle. I took one look at that and said No Fvckn way. lol

Thread Information