oxymoron is offline New Member

Liquid VS Real food meals on a cycle bulk

Hey folks,

So I am certain that most peoples opinion on this will be that real food is always better than a liquid substitute.

I am wondering about the communities opinion on the effects this would have on a bulk cycle?

Will you still put on the same weight if you are still getting in your macros with liquid meals?

Or should you absolutely only consume pre and post workout shakes and save the food for all other meals?

Appreciate your insight.

2iron is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=oxymoron;6955343]Hey folks,

So I am certain that most peoples opinion on this will be that real food is always better than a liquid substitute.

I am wondering about the communities opinion on the effects this would have on a bulk cycle?

Will you still put on the same weight if you are still getting in your macros with liquid meals?

Or should you absolutely only consume pre and post workout shakes and save the food for all other meals?

Appreciate your

I like to be full and I love to eat. Protein shakes just take away the good I could be eating.

I used to do a lot of shakes. 2scoops pre and post, 2 before bed. But all that powder is hard on your kidneys. Now I just do one scoop casein at night for a snack mostly.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    They are to supplement your normal diet when you need to add further calories due to not being able to consume more which may occur when you need to eat a lot more calories to maintain your size and muscle tissue or if its hard for you to consume food and its more convenient to down a shake. They have a place in bodybuilding but they are used to supplement your normal diet due to certain reasons why you can eat more food.

I have shakes due to convenience because of my work schedule and also I have to consume a lot of calories when your my size just to maintain and build new tissue so they are apart of my eating plan but not everyday, it all depends.

I would advice any newbie to focus on eating the right foods to feed and repair the muscles and body.

Thanks for the replys,

I'm 6"3 - 237 lbs and am currently putting down 7 meals a day, 2 of which are liquid, some days more depending on schedule.

I just wonder if it is detrimental to bulking using liquid vs real food on those days when maybe I have to put down 4 shakes?

Or is a macro a macro?

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    What's your Bf%?

Shakes are okay, but real food is better

But, like mentioned - they have their uses

BF at the moment is at about 15%

DIET

MEAL 1: 5 whole eggs with 4 extra egg whites with 1 cup of Oatmeal (cooked)
    MEAL 2: 9oz turkey burgers or chicken breast burgers with 8oz sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of macadamia nut oil.
    MEAL 3: 9oz (cooked) of chicken (or turkey or lean fish or shrimp)-- with ½ cup cashew nuts (or almonds or walnuts) with 1 cup (cooked) RICE (brown) with 1 tablespoon of macadamia nut oil.
    MEAL 4: 9oz (cooked) of red meat (or salmon or swordfish) with a salad with 2 tablespoon of olive oil (or macadamia nut oil) and vinegar with 1 large baked potato and/or yam
    MEAL 5: 9oz (cooked) of chicken (or turkey or lean fish or shrimp)-- with ½ cup cashew nuts (or almonds or walnuts) with 1 cup (cooked) RICE (brown) with 1 tablespoon of macadamia nut oil.
    The Pre and Post Workout shakes are taken 20-40 min BEFORE the workout and within 15 minutes AFTER the workout
    PRE-WORKOUT SHAKE: 60g Whey Protein Isolate with 40g Waxy Maize with 1 tbsp of mac oil
    POST WORKOUT SHAKE: 60g Whey Protein** with 40g Waxy Maize
    ****On non-training days, keep the PRE-WORKOUT SHAKE......and substitute one of the food meals for the POST-WORKOUT SHAKE!
    +++++ All meals are interchangeable. You can substitute one for another.
    Cook your eggs in MACADAMIA NUT
    ONCE A WEEK, HAVE A CHEAT MEAL (make it the last meal of the day)—something you crave
    You can use sugar-free soy sauce, mustard, and vinegar for condiments.
    You can drink water, sugar-free drinks (diet soda), coffee, or tea with equal or splenda or stevia balance

SUPPLEMENTS:
    JUICE PLUS+ (2 pills of the GARDEN BLEND in morning and 2 pills of the ORCHARD BLEND
    Vitamin D: 5000IU per day
    Calcium (with magnesium) 1500mg per day
    Evening Primrose oil (1300mg 2x per day)—essential GOOD OMEGA-6 fats
    Omega-3 Fish oil pills (Omega 3 fatty acids) 1000mg 3x per day
    Glucosamine Sulfate 2000mg 2x per day (joints)
    MSM 2000mg 2x per day (joints and tissue regeneration)

Have been struggling with appetite as of late and find myself substituting real meals for shakes more and more often.

I'm going to man up and just get the food down. I had a cycle to go along with this but the gear turned out to be bunk.
    Going to get new bloods done in a couple of weeks and go from there.

Thread Information