• 1 Post By fit2bOld
  • 1 Post By Khazima
  • 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By Nobuddy
  • 1 Post By derekkpapa1

Thread: Consequences of Exposing Roid Usage to Drs

razman is offline Junior Member

Consequences of Exposing Roid Usage to Drs

I've been recently debating whether to reveal to my doctor that I'm taking AAS. I'm not so concerned with his reaction or anything like that because I'm fairly certain he'll be professional about it and order blood work as needed. However, what I am worried about are other unforeseen consequences.

I live in the U.S. and have (fortunately) medical insurance. I expect that any information revealed to my dr will be included in my medical file. As such what, if any, consequences are there to that? Can my insurance company drop me or even worse refuse to pay for unrelated claims for presumably violating its terms?

Does anyone have an stories of their own as to how--good or bad--revealing roid usage to their dr impacted them?

Thanks in advance.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    You said right it will go on your record and future health issues the insurance company can fight you in paying for claims.
    I wouldn't tell the doctors anything more than they need to know.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    keep your aas use to yourself. if you want blood work, order it up online like with pri vate m d labs dot com
    jolter604 likes this.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by derekkpapa1 View Post
    You said right it will go on your record and future health issues the insurance company can fight you in paying for claims.
    Agreed it will go on ur record and can hinder ur ability to get life or disability insurance and also can screw up claims in future. If they can find a way out of paying U they will.
    jolter604 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    keep your aas use to yourself. if you want blood work, order it up online like with pri vate m d labs dot com
    Thanks, this is probably the most useful info I've gotten in a while.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    X2 ^^ they would just blame what ever it was on aas.

BeingSwole is offline Junior Member
    Just curious, can I not just go to a doctor or clinic and get labs by paying out of pocket? Or is the only option doing via online?

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeingSwole
    Just curious, can I not just go to a doctor or clinic and get labs by paying out of pocket? Or is the only option doing via online?
    This depends on what state you live in. Here in the northeast it is very difficult to get bloodwork done in a walk in style lab.

2iron is offline Associate Member
    Look at what kind of a mess our leaders are turning our health care into. Dont muddy the water anymore than it already is.
    Daniel h and jsnm like this.

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    There is one way to get around it not going on ur record.. Just say u did a cycle of prohormones and didn't really know what it was.
    zaggahamma likes this.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    The only time you should discuss steroid use with your DR. is if your on TRT and he is the one administering it.
    diesel101 likes this.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm guessing the same applies for admitting to rec drug use?
    oldnfl42 likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    I'm guessing the same applies for admitting to rec drug use?
    Yes and no. It's funny, doctors most everyone seem to be a lot more forgiving when it comes to Rec drugs use vs steroids use.

It's not only the doctors and insurance but I'm willing to bet it wont be much longer certain employers will have access to your medical records and it could keep you from getting a good job.
    NACH3 likes this.

Nobuddy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Yes and no. It's funny, doctors most everyone seem to be a lot more forgiving when it comes to Rec drugs use vs steroids use.

It's not only the doctors and insurance but I'm willing to bet it wont be much longer certain employers will have access to your medical records and it could keep you from getting a good job.
    And you would be CORRECT! Except it isn't in the near future, for some of us, it has been that way for MANY YEARS. A lot of the applications I fill out contain a "release" form. The name of the employer goes on it as who GETS to request the info and the portion that names which doctor is left BLANK. That way they can put the name of any of my doctors in there and pull whatever records he has on me. I've signed countless copies of these things.
    lovbyts likes this.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    You realize, from my experience, testosterone cured my diabetis, a large chunk of my hypertension, and a half dozen other issues. Drs have to hate roids because they CURE far more then they HURT and that puts them out of business.

But again it is so bad I was primary hypogonadal for years and 10 docs in the USA could not Fn diagnose that. In general the WORST doctors in the world (except the few on this site) are (in the words of Rocket from Guardians of the Galaxy) IDIOTS in the USA.

First Doc in China..BAM...cured. I do not believe in Luck. I have had to work hard for everything in life.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    You realize, from my experience, testosterone cured my diabetis, a large chunk of my hypertension, and a half dozen other issues. Drs have to hate roids because they CURE far more then they HURT and that puts them out of business.

But again it is so bad I was primary hypogonadal for years and 10 docs in the USA could not Fn diagnose that. In general the WORST doctors in the world (except the few on this site) are (in the words of Rocket from Guardians of the Galaxy) IDIOTS in the USA.

First Doc in China..BAM...cured. I do not believe in Luck. I have had to work hard for everything in life.
    What type of diabetis did u have?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobuddy View Post
    And you would be CORRECT! Except it isn't in the near future, for some of us, it has been that way for MANY YEARS. A lot of the applications I fill out contain a "release" form. The name of the employer goes on it as who GETS to request the info and the portion that names which doctor is left BLANK. That way they can put the name of any of my doctors in there and pull whatever records he has on me. I've signed countless copies of these things.
    Yeah I know but it's not everyone, YET. There are a lot of people who still have their heads in the sand and think it cant happen. lol

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    i'm a bit skeptical of all this... does anyone have actual experience of talking with a dr about aas? if so, what actually happened as a result?

My sister is a physician assistance and I talked to her about it and her boss about it last year at xmas party.
    they said that they will list it on your record especially if you are seek blood work or medical assistance do to steroid use .
    what reason would you have to tell your doctor?
    lovbyts likes this.

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    ok. i'll elaborate. in general, i think an educated user, such as many of those on this forum, will have a greater knowledge of aas than the average dr. that being said, i think there are dr's out there with a deeper knowledge that could be helpful in certain situations. that would be the reason to disclose.

regarding consequences, i'm wondering whether or not insurance companies can reject coverage if there is direct or indirect linkage of a given condition to aas usage. although i have no real info/experience one way or the other, it would be surprising to me if for example an insurance company rejected emergency care for a recreational drug overdose. wouldn't aas fall into this category?

Any doctor is going to side on caution when discussing steroid use .
    remember most of us are not taking a trt dosage a week we are taking test/tren /anadrol cycles with 2 or 3 time trt dosages so even trt doctors are going to consider that "abuse".
    It WILL void your life insurance. Not a big deal for single 20 year old but a 40 year with wife and kiss it's a big deal.
    this thread dead.
    Only if you need to for serious health reason there is a s5 not reason to let them know. Period

Quote Originally Posted by bartman314 View Post
    ok. i'll elaborate. in general, i think an educated user, such as many of those on this forum, will have a greater knowledge of aas than the average dr. that being said, i think there are dr's out there with a deeper knowledge that could be helpful in certain situations. that would be the reason to disclose.

regarding consequences, i'm wondering whether or not insurance companies can reject coverage if there is direct or indirect linkage of a given condition to aas usage. although i have no real info/experience one way or the other, it would be surprising to me if for example an insurance company rejected emergency care for a recreational drug overdose. wouldn't aas fall into this category?
    They are not going to reject you car emergency or not but you might have a tough time paying for insurance if you cant get a decent paying job in the future due to employer does not want to hire you due to your past medical history. As said, it's available already to many and eventually to all.

You may find a few YOUNG guys who will say it's fine but you will have a tough time finding a more mature and experienced person to say go ahead or they would do it.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    WHAT!?!? You guys use roids????????

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by razman View Post
    I've been recently debating whether to reveal to my doctor that I'm taking AAS. I'm not so concerned with his reaction or anything like that because I'm fairly certain he'll be professional about it and order blood work as needed. However, what I am worried about are other unforeseen consequences.

I live in the U.S. and have (fortunately) medical insurance. I expect that any information revealed to my dr will be included in my medical file. As such what, if any, consequences are there to that? Can my insurance company drop me or even worse refuse to pay for unrelated claims for presumably violating its terms?

Does anyone have an stories of their own as to how--good or bad--revealing roid usage to their dr impacted them?

Thanks in advance.
    Don't do it unless life threatening reasons . even if medical private, when you go for life or health insurance they make you sign over right to look at all your stuff..
    even for an infection I would not tell them, I would say it was a b12 shot.. heightened liver numbers- some otc supp you bought to help sleep or training . and so on

Thank you everyone for their input. I'm going to err on the side of caution and not disclose especially now since I know (thanks to this thread) that I can order blood work myself through that site (and other similar ones) mentioned above.

Thread Information