Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,093

    How to drop excess water weight?

    I'm currently running 500 mg Test E/week, HCG at 500 iu/week, Aromasin at 25mg/day, and HGH at 5iu per day. I'm in my 7th week of AAS, and 5th month of HGH.

    I'm carrying a lot of water weight. I started carrying a bit when I started the HGH, but it seems to have gotten worse since starting my cycle. Is there anything else I can do besides taking Aromasin to combat the excess water? Should I increase the Aromasin dose? Add something else? I know carrying a bit is almost unavoidable, but I'd really like to get rid of this moon face lol.

  2. #2
    dfarre is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    284
    And how do you know it's not fat?

  3. #3
    musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,093
    Quote Originally Posted by dfarre
    And how do you know it's not fat?
    I've been training long enough to know my body really well. It's definitely not fat.

  4. #4
    clarky.'s Avatar
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,392
    Get blood work and check e2. do cardio keep salt low and drink plenty of water this all helps lower water weight.

  5. #5
    musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,093
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky.
    Get blood work and check e2. do cardio keep salt low and drink plenty of water this all helps lower water weight.
    Thanks, Clarky. As far as blood work, is it just the E2 I should test for, or is there anything else?

    And thanks for the tips. I will increase my water intake. My dietary sodium is already kept pretty low.

  6. #6
    Motardpdx's Avatar
    Motardpdx is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    435
    Hi, It's been stated that a little dandelion root can help with expelling some water weight, a very mild natural diuretic.

  7. #7
    clarky.'s Avatar
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    Thanks, Clarky. As far as blood work, is it just the E2 I should test for, or is there anything else?

    And thanks for the tips. I will increase my water intake. My dietary sodium is already kept pretty low.
    Total test
    Free test
    E2 sensitive
    CBC

  8. #8
    musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,093
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky.
    Total test Free test E2 sensitive CBC
    Thanks.

  9. #9
    musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Motardpdx
    Hi, It's been stated that a little dandelion root can help with expelling some water weight, a very mild natural diuretic.
    Thanks. I am also going to look into diuretics.

  10. #10
    Iceberg's Avatar
    Iceberg is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Gym
    Posts
    534
    Lasix

  11. #11
    Mp859's Avatar
    Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnz4
    Lasix
    That's not something you recommend to someone. Come on now

  12. #12
    Iceberg's Avatar
    Iceberg is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Gym
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859
    That's not something you recommend to someone. Come on now
    He said he wanted to try a diuretic. What's wrong with it?

  13. #13
    Mp859's Avatar
    Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnz4
    He said he wanted to try a diuretic. What's wrong with it?
    Just doesn't sound to me as though he is someone who should be messing with LASIx. Have you used it?

    You wouldn't be recommending it if you have

  14. #14
    Iceberg's Avatar
    Iceberg is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Gym
    Posts
    534
    Yes drops water weight super fast at 20mg a day for a few days. It spares potassium and helps with BP.

  15. #15
    Mp859's Avatar
    Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnz4
    Yes drops water weight super fast at 20mg a day for a few days. It spares potassium and helps with BP.
    Exactly please don't recommend something you don't know about.

    ***Is not a potassium sparing diuretic****

    Will put you in a world of hurt if you do not know what you are doing.

  16. #16
    Iceberg's Avatar
    Iceberg is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Gym
    Posts
    534
    Gets rid of sodium, water and electrolytes. Can you please explain how 20mg for a few days would put you in a world of hurt?

  17. #17
    Mp859's Avatar
    Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnz4
    Gets rid of sodium, water and electrolytes. Can you please explain how 20mg for a few days would put you in a world of hurt?
    You are recommending something in which you have not used.
    You just said it was potassium sparing

  18. #18
    Iceberg's Avatar
    Iceberg is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Gym
    Posts
    534
    What makes you think I haven't used it?

  19. #19
    Mp859's Avatar
    Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnz4
    What makes you think I haven't used it?
    I can just tell. If you want to recommend how to get rid of water. Recommend a good ai and a good diet

  20. #20
    PistolPete33's Avatar
    PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,788
    My first cycle I was convinced that I was carrying a ton of water weight when in fact I put on a TON of fat. Not saying that's the case here but it's very likely. I've seen hundreds of people here post pics saying it was water weight and it was just fat.

  21. #21
    Iceberg's Avatar
    Iceberg is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Gym
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859
    I can just tell. If you want to recommend how to get rid of water. Recommend a good ai and a good diet
    Sorry not trying to argue but I do have a prescription for it....

  22. #22
    Iceberg's Avatar
    Iceberg is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Gym
    Posts
    534
    And I would never recommend anything I havnt used

  23. #23
    swolehead's Avatar
    swolehead is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    536
    lower sodium intake increase water intake sorry if it's been said I just skimmed

  24. #24
    musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,093
    Just to let everyone know, I have in fact, used an OTC diuretic before when I had to make weight for a power lifting comp. As mentioned above, I may consider it. I was just hoping there was an alternative that I could take long(er) term that wouldn't be so harsh.

    Thanks all for the feedback. I will get my bloods done before resorting to any harsh compounds.

    To another comment above, it is definitely water weight; not fat. I don't have a lot of experience in dealing with combatting water weight, but I've been training long enough to know my body composition.

  25. #25
    Buster Brown's Avatar
    Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Proud Bostonian
    Posts
    4,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnz4 View Post
    What makes you think I haven't used it?
    Lasix isn't something we encourage for most of our members. Sort of in the same category as slin. Lasix IS a serious diuretic and not to be taken lightly.

  26. #26
    Ashop's Avatar
    Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,921
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    I'm currently running 500 mg Test E/week, HCG at 500 iu/week, Aromasin at 25mg/day, and HGH at 5iu per day. I'm in my 7th week of AAS, and 5th month of HGH.

    I'm carrying a lot of water weight. I started carrying a bit when I started the HGH, but it seems to have gotten worse since starting my cycle. Is there anything else I can do besides taking Aromasin to combat the excess water? Should I increase the Aromasin dose? Add something else? I know carrying a bit is almost unavoidable, but I'd really like to get rid of this moon face lol.

    Tighten up your diet. Cut back on sodium and drink plenty of water daily.

  27. #27
    killer41qc is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    85
    everyone is different , I personaly always retain water mostly on my face when on high testosterone even with AIs and low sodium.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •