• 1 Post By jbonza666
  • 1 Post By qscgugcsq
  • 1 Post By marcus300
  • 1 Post By vbguy
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: Sex and muscle gains

jbonza666 is offline New Member

Sex and muscle gains

Is having sex a few times a day going to impact badly on my gains? I've researched it a bit but can't find much. I know that certain athletes get told not to engage before events etc so am just wondering if it's something I need to cut down on? Because I really don't want to...lol

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonza666 View Post
    Is having sex a few times a day going to impact badly on my gains? I've researched it a bit but can't find much. I know that certain athletes get told not to engage before events etc so am just wondering if it's something I need to cut down on? Because I really don't want to...lol
    Has banging your lady caused you a problem with getting gains? And if you don't really want to stop, then even if it has, what's the problem?

XxAndreaxX is offline Senior Member
    The same question here. Doing sex a few times a day, drops the libido badly when you’re not on, even doing it with different girls. So I guess, either testosterone drops, or E2 or Prolactine rises. Either way seems a bad scenario for muscle growth.

It's more just out of curiosity. My gains are still steadily on the rise, it's just if I found out that I could optimise them by cutting down on the sexually activity then i would make the appropriate changes. Any thoughts?

*mikro* is offline Junior Member
    Bang away.
    swolehead likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxX
    The same question here. Doing sex a few times a day, drops the libido badly when you're not on, even doing it with different girls. So I guess, either testosterone drops, or E2 or Prolactine rises. Either way seems a bad scenario for muscle growth.

Interesting! Thank you for the post!

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    No, having sex or masturbating has no relation to muscle growth.

Or to that matter to any sports performance.
    Its a mith. Its like saying spanking the monkey causes acne.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Just enjoy yourself while you can because at 22 yrs old and using gear could have a serious impact on your future sex drive so get it in while you can
    almostgone and ojm3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB
    No, having sex or masturbating has no relation to muscle growth. Or to that matter to any sports performance. Its a mith. Its like saying spanking the monkey causes acne.
    That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you brother

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    No, having sex or masturbating has no relation to muscle growth.

Or to that matter to any sports performance.
    Its a mith. Its like saying spanking the monkey causes acne.
    If you're so informed about that, tell me why do we loose libido doing sex...

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxX View Post
    Is this a trick question? Lol

Why do you lose hunger when you eat?

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Just enjoy yourself while you can because at 22 yrs old and using gear could have a serious impact on your future sex drive so get it in while you can
    Did u not see Marcus post?!?!? Ur 22. If u mess with drugs at ur age u will have more to worry about then "can I loss gains having sex". U won't be able to get ur dick hard enough to have sex. Good ole limp noodle they will call u..lmao
    Also the answer to ur question is, yes u will "loss" gains if u have to much sex but only if ur heart rate is above 80%max heart rate.
    Be smart don't touch drugs just yet.

Life with a floppy member....Now that I do not want. I haven't started using yet so all is well. Really do want to though so is frustrating. I'm going to do my best to keep it natural up until at least 25. Just extra hard to resist the temptation when i am surrounded by it. Argh!
    almostgone likes this.

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member

are you fvcking serious...

how fvcking stupid you are!?!?!?

having sex drop testo WTF you idiot.

seriously this is the stupidiest thing ive ever read...

I cant believe that someone that moron truly exist...

why do we stop getign thirsty when we drink.
    why do we lose hunger qhen we eat.
    why you stop peeing when you pee.

CAUSE YOU ARE FILLING THE NEED THEN YOU DONT NEED IT ANYMORE!

sry but this is just too much... even from him...
    how stupid someone can be 0.0
    Last edited by qscgugcsq; 01-21-2015 at 06:30 AM.
    zempey likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Life with a floppy member....Now that I do not want. I haven't started using yet so all is well. Really do want to though so is frustrating. I'm going to do my best to keep it natural up until at least 25. Just extra hard to resist the temptation when i am surrounded by it. Argh!
    There isn't an exact age were we all stop developing and growing because this is determined by our genes and DNA, we are all genetically programmed individually and we inherit our genes from our parents. To give an exact age we stop growing would be incorrect because everyone's genetic blueprint is different.The main development of our bodies is up to the age of 21yrs of age but this can vary between individuals. There are parts of our bodies what carry on developing and adjusting slowly up until the age of 25yrs old, an example of this is the brain. The Endocrine system is a part of the brain what is very complex and keeps our bodies in a homeostasis state. Our testosterone levels start raising and roughly peak around 25yrs old and then start to slowly decline, so even though some of us may have stopped growing at the age of 21yrs old, others may still be developing up until the age of 25yrs old.

I have recently spoken to my Endo regarding this matter and he tells me that the HPTA is very sensitive and as many pathways how it regulates the human body, he states steroids disrupt the normal balance of hormones in the body which can cause reversible and irreversible changes at any age but risks are far more if you administrate exogenous androgens during development, this will put you in a very unnatural environment at a crucial time and your hormones should be treated with care especially in the early stages of maturity. The adverse effects can be erratic behaviour of the HPTA and potentially therapy when your older.

I did ask him what age he would think would be the safest as far as risk to damages and he said many endocrinologist suggest full maturation is reached by 25 years of age and this would also give the HPTA time to be established with your natural hormone balance and patterns. I personally feel 24-25yrs old would also be ideal starting point to get bloodwrok drawn to see exact what your natural levels are before starting any kind of cycles and waiting till you have reach your testosterone peak would be a good starting point, for me there is to much evidence over the forums and what I've seen personally over the last 25yrs I've been bodybuilding. Obviously it isn't going to be all 19- 21yr old bodybuilders who suffer side effects what are irreversible but I am edging on the side of caution what age I advice to the newbies.
    Marcus
    almostgone likes this.

Thank you. Really do appreciate the guidance. Don't get any of this at the gym (obviously.) loving this forum. It's great you guys are so eager to help. Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by qscgugcsq View Post
    are you fvcking serious...

how fvcking stupid you are!?!?!?

having sex drop testo WTF you idiot.

seriously this is the stupidiest thing ive ever read...

I cant believe that someone that moron truly exist...

why do we stop getign thirsty when we drink.
    why do we lose hunger qhen we eat.
    why you stop peeing when you pee.

CAUSE YOU ARE FILLING THE NEED THEN YOU DONT NEED IT ANYMORE!

sry but this is just too much... even from him...
    how stupid someone can be 0.0
    No stupid you! When you eat too much, there’s one hormone (Ghrelin if I’m correct) that stops hunger.
    When you have an orgasm, prolactine rises for a short time and kills libido. So I was wondering if there’s also a longer term hormonal change, that decides about that sensation of need... but it seem you are all experts here!

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    No stupid you! When you eat too much, there’s one hormone (Ghrelin if I’m correct) that stops hunger.
    When you have an orgasm, prolactine rises for a short time and kills libido. So I was wondering if there’s also a longer term hormonal change, that decides about that sensation of need... but it seem you are all experts here!
    Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Prolactin rises once a male reaches an orgasm to cause a refractory period. Some people get more prolactin released than others leading to some people needing a longer refractory period. It has no impact on the gains or lack thereof.

Humans rely on sexual reproduction to procreate meaning sex is a biological necessity towards extending your genetic material. If sex caused any long term issues don't you think we'd either have adapted to it by now or died off as a species??? Regardless, even if it did cause a problem which it doesn't, who here would realistically stop having it for this reason?

vbguy is offline Junior Member
    When you have Cable you don't get the playboy channel, when you don't get the playboy channel you can't satisfy yourself, when you can't satisfy yourself, you go out looking for hoes, When you go out looking for hoes… you find hoes, When you find hoes you spend all your supplement money on hoes to get in their pants, when you spend money to get in that hoes pants…you find out that hoe is really a man, when you find out its a man... you lose your gay virginity and get ass raped by a man in women's cloths.

Don't lose your gains and your gay virginity by a man in women's cloths! Get DirectTv.

Docd187123 likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300

Truth

OMG, that’s enough, it was a serious question, but it seems impossible to get serious answers

Blog Entries
    Very serious

Too much pvssy is bad for gains

Srsly - I can never come up with the nonsense I hear from people

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Very serious

Too much pvssy is bad for gains

Srsly - I can never come up with the nonsense I hear from people
    The only way I see too much ***** being bad for gains is if it causes you to skip the gym, fukk up your diet, or get HIV or something. It is pretty funny though what some people say lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123
    The only way I see too much ***** being bad for gains is if it causes you to skip the gym, fukk up your diet,

Aight aight

This has been an issue for me - A tad, but not to the point of loss of "gainz" lol

I'd just go on sex binges & after just wanna eat whatever in sight then go right back at it

Sorry, good pvssy takes priority over the gym
    Docd187123 likes this.

tectime is offline Member
    If ***** keeps you from the gym and you hit that shit right that counts as cardio day! Haha! But really man we all know ***** is the number one motivator around here. I don't hit the gym like I do so some dude tells me " oh looking good" although words from our peers are great, it's all about when my ol lady comes sliding up rubbing up on that back or those abs with that " I'm gonna **** your brains out" look ! Hell a good piece of ass..... Alittle nap...... A bowl of oatmeal..... And I'm ready to try to rip the gym floor up ! Haha! Oh baby !!!! How I do love this lifestyle !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tectime
    If ***** keeps you from the gym and you hit that shit right that counts as cardio day! Haha! But really man we all know ***** is the number one motivator around here. I don't hit the gym like I do so some dude tells me " oh looking good" although words from our peers are great, it's all about when my ol lady comes sliding up rubbing up on that back or those abs with that " I'm gonna **** your brains out" look ! Hell a good piece of ass..... Alittle nap...... A bowl of oatmeal..... And I'm ready to try to rip the gym floor up ! Haha! Oh baby !!!! How I do love this lifestyle !

Lmfao

Ha ha ha, Jesus

So true

Too too funny man

Ah ahaha this is great. Loving to hear all of these perspectives on the subject. I've made the sensible decision to continue shagging like an animal and watch my gains steadily rise.cheers guys. Jbonza

southernboy31 is offline New Member
    I don't care enough about my gains to give up my sex life. Who cares what you can lift out how you look if you can't pound your ol lady. If things get sketchy just spot inject a gram of prop directly in the large head of your meat stick. Bahaha

Cody95 is offline Member
    No, sex is not going to hurt your gains lol.

-Horus- is offline Junior Member
    It's more just out of curiosity. My gains are still steadily on the rise, it's just if I found out that I could optimise them by cutting down on the sexually activity then i would make the appropriate changes. Any thoughts?
    Yeah ... life's short... have sex all you can.. don't live a potentially shallow life of only diet and lifting as importance. have fun, go out, travel and enjoy the ride. I would not cut down on sex out of worry for gains is all I know.

Thread Information