jackyyyy is offline New Member

Test cycle with finasteride dutasteride

Who has tried it did it work and which dose test and fina

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackyyyy View Post
    Who has tried it did it work and which dose test and fina
    Only tried Fina at 1mg ed, here's interesting medical study on the subject: Muscle Mass Gain From Testosterone Not Affected by 5α-Reductase Inhibitor

jackyyyy is offline New Member
    How much test you used did it work tell us more

500mgs test e only, worked fine, but I'm a clinical study of 1 which is not very reliable lol

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    I have done it, but I believe the results have more to do with the individual than the amounts taken. If you are prone to baldness then test will probably expedite the process. Finasteride can start new hair growth on some, but it too has varied results. When I took it I did notice some new small hair follicles starting and do believe it works. But, it seemed so subtle that I ended up quiting after a year or so. Sometimes when I am stressed or doing a lot of test I noticed more hair falling out than normal. But, like I said earlier, I dont think anyone can assure you of anything here. It really depends on you, your body and your propensity to losing your hair. If you are going to go bald without test, then taking test and taking Fina will probably cause you to lose your hair and the Fina will not override everything else. I am now 44, I have some hair loss, but nothing making me want to call the "hair club for met" yet. I have done a lot of test and I have tried fina, but it did not help me so much that I continued its use. This is just my experience and others may have other stories. But since no one else chimed in here I wanted to let you know what my experiece was with both. Good luck.

Finasteride is given orally and is a 5-alpha reductase type 2 inhibitor.[25] It is not an antiandrogen. The drug can be used only in men because it can produce ambiguous genitalia in a developing male fetus. Finasteride has been shown to diminish the progression of androgenetic alopecia in males who are treated, and, in many patients, it has stimulated new regrowth.

Although it affects vertex balding more than frontal hair loss, the medication has been shown to increase regrowth in the frontal area as well. Finasteride must be continued indefinitely because discontinuation results in gradual progression of the disorder. A study in postmenopausal women indicated no beneficial effect of the medication in treating female androgenetic alopecia.

A 10-year follow-up study of men using finasteride 1 mg daily for androgenetic alopecia reported that better improvements were noted in patients older than 30 years or men who had higher androgenetic alopecia grades. Interestingly, the efficacy of the medication was not reduced with time, and in some cases improved later on.[26]

A Japanese study of 3177 men noted the efficacy and safety of finasteride in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia. Photographs were assessed in 2561 men who completed the 42-month study. Of these men, 11.1% showed great regrowth, 36.5% moderate growth, and 39.5% had a slight increase in hair growth. Adverse effects occurred in 0.7% of the men, and there were no safety problems observed with long-term use. The authors concluded that in Japanese men with androgenetic alopecia, long-term use of oral finasteride maintained progressive hair regrowth without recognized adverse effects.[27]
    Dutasteride is another possible treatment for androgenetic alopecia. This drug inhibits type I and type II 5-a reductase isoenzymes and is felt to be 3 times as potent as finasteride in inhibiting the type II enzyme and 100 times as potent in inhibiting the type I enzyme. A phase II study on the use of dutasteride in the treatment of alopecia was carried out in the United States, but no further trials are currently being conducted in the US. However, an ongoing trial is being conducted outside of the United States.

Thread Information