Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Java Man

Thread: Question Regarding Test...BW

Bodacious is offline Productive Member

Question Regarding Test...BW

Did my first cycle of test at 400mg with Hcg and an AI. I am on TRT which is Androgel . Before cycle test numbers was at 610. Eight weeks after cycle post BW they are at 320 acording to private MD labs and 399 a cording to personal labs.Anyways both number are lower than before. Whys is this since I am on Androgel?

I feel pretty good through out the day have pretty good energy. I do get tried but doesn't everyone. I am just wondering the why.

I go to my TRT doc to moron and have thought about taking thr lab results with me.

On a side note I ran the gel while on cycle to keep it in my body.

Thanks for thr help.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Have a look at your blood work and see if they are all the same measurements (test)

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Have a look at your blood work and see if they are all the same measurements (test)
    I will Clarky but I am pretty sure they are. I ordered the exact same test which was number 5 off of Docs BW thread.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Different labs use different test measurements.

Elijah125 is offline New Member
    I wanted too know what would be the best I should start

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Is it possible that you weren't shut down completely, so your body was producing the now missing 200ish ng/dl but now no longer is?

Clarky will check when I get home. I am wondering why the before number are 610 and the after numbers are 320 or 399 whichever. I stayed on the Gel throughout the whole cycle at the right dose. Just wondering why its lower than before. I dont really care that the numbers are different. They was also different Mid cycle BW. I need to check like you said to see why. Anyways. I am a little nervous about the other. Any other thing I can look at in the BW? I am hoping KEL or some other VET will jump in and help me out also. I read alot of your posts also.

Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post
    Is it possible that you weren't shut down completely, so your body was producing the now missing 200ish ng/dl but now no longer is?
    I guess it could be I have no clue. If this is the case will it start picking it back up the longer im off??

Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    I guess it could be I have no clue. If this is the case will it start picking it back up the longer im off??
    Unknown. Nobody ever knows the answer to that question. I'm not hypogonadal but my next cycle could fry my HPA permanently. Being that you are already either somewhat or completely shut down and are prescribed test supplementation it's possible you did more damage. A thousand other things could also be true though.

I'd just continue to monitor your natural levels and work with your doctor to find a trt dosage that brings you up into the normal range. Who knows why the number is lower now. Does it really matter at this point?

Unknown. Nobody ever knows the answer to that question. I'm not hypogonadal but my next cycle could fry my HPA permanently. Being that you are already either somewhat or completely shut down and are prescribed test supplementation it's possible you did more damage. A thousand other things could also be true though.

I'd just continue to monitor your natural levels and work with your doctor to find a trt dosage that brings you up into the normal range. Who knows why the number is lower now. Does it really matter at this point?
    Don't really guess. As long as I feel ok and the little man down stairs is still working.

Why would you think I did more damage?

Everything I have read and asked about if your on TRT or AAS... it shuts you down.

Damn now you done got me really nervous. We planning on trying to have a kid later this year and all that stuff.....man.

Why would you think I did more damage?

Everything I have read and asked about if your on TRT or AAS... it shuts you down.

Damn now you done got me really nervous. We planning on trying to have a kid later this year and all that stuff.....man.
    Some guys come out of a cycle with higher natural test values and some come out and never fully recover their prior numbers. I don't have any scientific data to share right now about this but if you research it you'll find this to be true. Supraphysiological doses of AAS can cause permanent changes in your HPA.

Don't freak out! I didn't intend to worry you. Like you said, as long as the little man isn't shooting blanks!

8 weeks isn't that long anyways. You are probably still a bit suppressed. It usually takes 5-8 months for my body to get completely back.to normal with bp, test levels, lipids, liver function, etc. after a heavy cycle. Everyone is different.
    Bodacious likes this.

Some guys come out of a cycle with higher natural test values and some come out and never fully recover their prior numbers. I don't have any scientific data to share right now about this but if you research it you'll find this to be true. Supraphysiological doses of AAS can cause permanent changes in your HPA.

Don't freak out! I didn't intend to worry you. Like you said, as long as the little man isn't shooting blanks!

8 weeks isn't that long anyways. You are probably still a bit suppressed. It usually takes 5-8 months for my body to get completely back.to normal with bp, test levels, lipids, liver function, etc. after a heavy cycle. Everyone is different.
    Thanks man. You didn't freak me out.Your helping me. I am just a health nut.

Everything else came back good.

I go to my doc tomorrow dobyou think I should take the results in with me that I paid for. Or should I just let him run his own.

I wouldn't tell anyone in the medical profession that I spiked my test intentionally. These days everything is recorded and databased forever. You don't want your health insurance carrier finding that out.

Edit:
    I would show the results to my doctor and just say I got private testing because I felt 'off'.

I wouldn't tell anyone in the medical profession that I should my test intentionally. These days everything is recorded and databased forever. You don't want your health insurance carrier finding that out.
    Got ya. So what's your final thoughts? I know everyone is different and you might be right and you might be wrong. Hopefully when people start waking up kel and some other vets will chime in. Also thanks again for helping and giving me your opinion

He's probably going to run his own anyways as he's probably not familiar with the scale the other labs use.

Got ya. So what's your final thoughts? I know everyone is different and you might be right and you might be wrong. Hopefully when people start waking up kel and some other vets will chime in. Also thanks again for helping and giving me your opinion
    You're welcome and yes, those guys are much more knowledgeable than I in this area.

Baxter35 is offline Member
    Remember that being on trt, you cants compare your results in any way to someone who is cycling and attempting to regain natural test. You were shut down pre-blast already, there's really no such thing as being "more shut down" in your case. Keep in mind its normal for trt to need periodic adjustments in the first year or two. This I believe is especially true with topicals, which for some reason it seems some men stop absorbing as much after being on a while. I wouldn't worry about it. Just let your doc run his tests as usual, and if/when it comes back lower than last time he will probably recommend increasing your dose a bit. I honestly doubt it has anything to do with your blast, its just a normal part of ongoing trt.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35 View Post
    Remember that being on trt, you cants compare your results in any way to someone who is cycling and attempting to regain natural test. You were shut down pre-blast already, there's really no such thing as being "more shut down" in your case. Keep in mind its normal for trt to need periodic adjustments in the first year or two. This I believe is especially true with topicals, which for some reason it seems some men stop absorbing as much after being on a while. I wouldn't worry about it. Just let your doc run his tests as usual, and if/when it comes back lower than last time he will probably recommend increasing your dose a bit. I honestly doubt it has anything to do with your blast, its just a normal part of ongoing trt.

Hey Baxter thanks man. I read and read last night. I read that also saying after being on the gel after 4 to 6 months it's possible that you want absorb as much as you was before.

Thanks for the help.

tectime is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35

^^^^^ so true so true just let your doc run his own bloods, don't tell him you blasted unless like some of us you have a very open relationship about such subjects with your doc, wouldn't even show bloods to him. More than likely he will increase your dosages. Which being prescribed more tes is never a bad thing! If levels get higher than you want ( which I personally don't understand haha! ) it will just build up your surplus of tes for your next blast.

Yea I am not. Not going to say nothing to him about anything like that. Just going to say something not quite right.

What's weird is everything is working I have good energy. I do get tired but doesn't everyone? I work 3rd shift 11pm to 7am so I am sure that doesn't help me. But like I said I do a lot in one days time.

Thanks tectime.

Baxter35 is offline Member
    Do you know your free test? That's the number that really matters for how you feel. I had my total test come back just over 400 a few rounds of bloodwork ago, but my free test was still in upper third of range and I felt fine. You may have dipped a little, but your still in a range where you'll feel fine as long as your free T is where it needs to be. That's probably why you don't feel any different.

Thread Information