Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Motardpdx
  • 1 Post By tectime
  • 1 Post By Avi3510

Thread: First cycle, answers and advice appreciated

jchpowell is offline New Member

First cycle, answers and advice appreciated

Hey, so I'm preparing for my first cycle soon (planning to do it March) and need some answers and advice on a few things please (I've asked elsewhere online and irl but haven't gotten satisfactory answers).

Firstly to start off my stats: 23 (24 in March), 5'9, 180lbs, hovering around 10-12% bodyfat (drop considerably lower before a boxing fight), been bodybuilding for a solid 18 months now, have competed and trained at a decent amateur level of Boxing for the last 7 years of my life as well.

What I'm hoping to achieve by doing a cycle: I'm mostly looking for some solid strength/muscle gains (whilst not putting on any or very minimal bodyfat), my lifts have been stuck for the past 4 months now (1RM: 130kg bench, 150kg squat, 150kg DL), as I said earlier I'm a boxer so I'll be taking 8 months off competing for this cycle to hopefully get some long lasting strength/athletic gains.

What my cycle will consist of + questions related to it:

Test 400 (Test-E 200/Test Decanoate 200) (2 jabs per week of 200mg)

Arimidex 0.25 (I was thinking every 3rd day, my question here is should I wait a few weeks for the test to hit my system or start using it right away?)

HCG 1500iu (Is 1500iu a good amount? I've heard it's either too much or too little depending on what you read).

That's basically my cycle, it'll last 12 weeks and I'll hit clomid/nolva two weeks after my last jab.

I was also wondering though, my friend who got this stuff off has also given me Tren acetate 100, do you think it's worth throwing some of that in for the last 6 weeks if I react favourably to the test? If so how should I dose it?

Oh he also threw in some Proviron as well, is there any use for this looking at my cycle? I heard it just stops Gyno but with arimidex that shouldn't be an issue should it?

Also my blood results will be back soon as well, I sent off for a testosterone check and liver health check, I'll be sending off for another one 6 weeks into my cycle and another one 6 weeks after cycle to see how I recovered, my question here though is: Will my natural testosterone production be permanently lower post cycle than pre cycle because of doing this and if so will the decline be neglible? Or is it too hard to determine without actually doing it and seeing for myself?

What I mean is, if my test is say 5% lower I shouldn't be concerned right? That's pretty much a full recovery, where as if my test is 25% lower it means I haven't fully recovered yet and need to see a doc/do something else to get my balls/HPTA firing properly?

Thanks for taking the time to read and answers are very appreciated.

Jesusbrah is offline Associate Member

Care to link to the parts which are relevant to my questions or do you expect me to read through it all defeating the purpose of me asking specific questions and asking for experienced users opinions?

For instance, I'm fairly certain it won't answer my question about whether or not I should throw in the Tren acetate 100 for the last 6 weeks of my first ever cycle etc.

Not trying to be whiny here but I've already done a lot of my research on the matter, I'm asking more for experienced users input here rather than reading an article.

Motardpdx is offline Associate Member
    Hi, this will be your best starting point..My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle
    Basically, test only because it's already naturally in your body and gives you a baseline when supplementing other AAS. Also, how will your body respond, with negative sides? PCT? Test levels after cycle?
    Simple Genetics....
    "And there's no way to know until you go. This is why we reccomend testosterone to start with. And a relatively lightly dosed cycle to boot. 300mg per week of testosterone should be more than enough for a beginner to test the waters. And this is where you'll know if you are sensitive to estrogen buildup, or acne, or testicular shrinkage, or hard shutdown, or any other side effects. Some are very lucky like me, who experience absolutely nothing. Others find they are very sensitive to one particular side effect, lets say acne, and see nothing else. Others get a whole plethora of side effects just from a small dose. Your first cycle or 2 are all about testing the waters and seeing how you respond and react. And only after you have explored every nook and cranny of it will you be ready to move on to other compounds and explore those to find what works better for you, etc.

What determines how you react to anything is first and foremost: genetics. The next thing is dose and duration. Then age is a factor as well, because as we age, our bodies change and react differently to things than we did at a previous age. After that comes what compound(s) you use.

For example, I know a guy who recently did his first cycle and finished it about 3 weeks ago. Not only was he not ready for it at all (hadn't built up a proper base of muscle beforehand, etc.), he was a moron and used test E at 750mg per week! First off, I think 500mg per week is too much, let alone seven fifty! But that's not the end of it. He originally planned his cycle to be 10 weeks long. For whatever reason, he decided to extend it to 14 weeks, and for the last 3 weeks or something he upped his dose to 1,000mg per week. A whole gram per week of test... on a BEGINNER 1st TIME CYCLE.

Needless to say, he recently contacted me freaking out that he is having problems over his PCT with being able to get erections and whatnot. Now, he may have messed himself up by going extreme on his first cycle. OR he may just be sensitive to HPTA shutdown and he is one of those types that requires longer to recover (it's only been 3 weeks PCT so far for him). I told him to keep up his nolva and an aromatase inhibitor (aromasin ), and wait it out another week or 2 before taking further steps. Never know, he may fully recover by then.

But this is an example of why we use a basic compound such as testosterone only for a first cycle, and use a sensible dose and duration to gauge how we respond. I have never been an advocate of cycles longer than 8 weeks. Maximum I advise people is 10 weeks."
    Source The ultimate LIVER thread and info on orals and ORAL TOXICITY!!
    jchpowell likes this.

tectime is offline Member
    [QUOTE="jchpowell"] Care to link to the parts which are relevant to my questions or do you expect me to read through it all defeating the purpose of me asking specific questions and asking for experienced users opinions?

Haha! They can't answer you when they don't know! Easier to post the same shit. Haha! The answer to your tren question is no. You don't want to add tren You don't need to yet if ever. Reading that whole article won't hurt you Might even help. I don't know I've never read it. But you probly should and then research what you find. But again leave the tren alone.
    jchpowell likes this.

Thanks for the replies guys, right so leave the Tren alone then, I thought so but had to ask. I am currently reading some parts of the article jesusbrah linked funnily enough lol, it was just a pretty passive-aggressive reply from him that annoyed me.

tectime is offline Member
    Basically, test only because it's already naturally in your body and gives you a baseline when supplementing other AAS.

Right ^^^^

Avi3510 is offline Associate Member
    Austinites first cycle for beginners article will answer everything. He suggests test only for first round. If you use more than one aas, and something reacts funny to your body, you won't have a clue what it is. You will make substantial gains with following his protocol. Don't worry. No need for tren or DEC just yet.
    jchpowell likes this.

Thread Information