Ica27 is offline Female Member

Accutane while on PCT

Hy there guys, Im writing for my boy, who did a 12 weeks of test e and deca and got some bad acne on face, chest and back...he is on pct right now (clomid/nolva) and, given the fact all the topic treatment he used didint work at all, today he started taking 20mg ed of accutane (he weighs 84kg, the therapeutic dosage is 0.5mg x kg of bw, so his dose is way smaller than that is supposed to be)...btw, Im a bit scared by lot of comments I read online...about its liver toxicity, etc etc...he bought also some cream for hydritation of face and lips...but my doubt is: is he wrong to use it during pct??? is clomid and nolva harsh on liver too??? Are there among you someone who took tane during pct or cycle??? what suggestions do you feel to give him???
    Im a bit afraid right now!

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    The best advice is to monitor his liver enzymes (through bw).
    Accutane is harsh yes, and best taken out of cycle.
    Take some liver support like NAC.

I have taken isotretinoine at 20mgs ed with very good results on acne.

thx for reply...how long did it take to notice real improvement?
    he is on pct now, he checked out online if nolva and clomid are hepatotoxic, but didint find anything.
    hope he will be fine!

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    I took it for 6 months.

Nolva and clomid are pretty mild although it adds up to the accutane.

Bloodwork to check liver enzymes needs to done, if hes cycle was mild on the liver he should be ok with 20mgs.

Get some NAC for liver support asap.

Also dont have children and donate blood while on it

pasha is offline Associate Member
    I been taking accutane for a few months. 20mgs a day. that is not a harsh dose, he should be fine. no worries.

thx y'all guys...his cycle was only injectable, he didint use any oral...
    how long does it take to wee some results?? Ive read most people did it after cycle and he got benefits by short cycle already...after 3 weeks of accutane they claimed they were cleaned up!..otherwise, I've read its a long treatment too...
    he cant cycle again struggling with acne issue...he risks to **** up his face, and moreover it isn't a funny situation...people are Always asking him what the hell is up...he cant stand another cycle like this!

thephoenix25 is offline Associate Member
    At 20mg per day, he should start to notice dry lips and skin after about 1 week and dependent on the severity of the acne anywhere between 3 - 8 weeks to clear it.

I first used it at 60mg per day prescribed by my dermatologist a few years ago (before I first cycled) for 6 months to clear up acute acne . And again 20mg per day without derma prescription after my last cycle for about 4 weeks to clear it. I am now using 20mg eod during my current cycle to keep it at bay, but its too early to tell if its enough.

Just be consistent with it and don't discontinue use too early, make sure you are fully clear before you stop using. And don't leave the house without lip balm, once your lips crack they will have a lot of trouble healing back up until you finish taking it.

ok bro...thx a lot for telling your esperience...so, if it will work for him, I think he has to use it also during his next hypothetic cycle, because he is very predisposed to acne...dont think it has been just an issue of the first cycle...it will occur again everytime he runs gear, most probably.

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    accutane is great I got rid of most of my acne with 10mg EOD

its powerfull efficient and aide wise at these dose its not a problem.

Thread Information