Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB
  • 2 Post By Buster Brown
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: Help .. DHT blocker or finasteride ?

qkleo17 is offline New Member

Help .. DHT blocker or finasteride ?

Hey All ..

So I have torn up the forums and online reading up on this for the 1st time and I am more confused then ever and not sure what the best way to go about this is. I look forward to hearing all those who have been thru this before and what works out best and what route I should go.

I am 37, I run enathate and have run different tests in the past. Usually cycled for 2 months then came off. Now I am leaning to staying on it for a longer period of time and I noticed that I am starting to see, all be it the early stages, some thinning of my hair. Nothing major and no one else can notice, but I sure as hell do. I only previously took some nolvadex while running my cycles and I took about 250-300 mgs of enathate every 7 days .. just a nice steady dose every 7 days.

Ia m looking to combat the thinning of the hair and trying to block the DHT. I have read and heard that some guys take the propecia and/or finasteride tabs but I am not sure if I should go that route OR just simply get a DHT blocker like Letrozole to combat the problem.

I have heard guys say that when they first take the specific hair products they actually lose some at first and some additional thinning takes place before seeing good results and some other issues as well. So I am not sure what I should do and wehat the best route should be.

Thanks a ton a look forward to hearing what you all think or have experienced yourself!

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Letrozole is not a dht blocker it is a aromataze inhibitor, that is to reduce estradiol (e2).

I take fina for about a year, on and off for some periods, it sure works but i have already very thin hair (half bald lol). If you just noticed and no one else notices it I do not advice you to take it, as there can be side effects.
    Truth is if you take steroids the extra dht will speed up the balding process, but no matter what if its in your genes you will be bald.

Regarding your cycle history, it seems this forum can be of assistance to you as there is a ton of info. Food for brain: Austinite's Educational Article Database
    NACH3 likes this.

Thanks for the reply Mr.BB -- appreciated. Is there a DHT blocker out there other then the ones for hair products? I have heard that there are some natural dht blockers out there like saw palmetto and some other natural remedies, but not sure if anyone has ever tried that "natural" route out. I 100% agree with you that if it is in your genes then you are some what screwed, I am just looking to combat it best way I can. Have you tried any of the topical shampoos or anything like that?

Yes, I always use nizoral when on fina.

Saw palmetto would be my advise, forgot on 1st post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

Great thanks brother .. would the nizoral be worth taking for myself? Or no don't even waste the money?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries

So w/my upcoming cycle BB... I'll be using prop/NPP/Mast p from wks 5-12...what kind of shampoo can I get for preventative measures?? And would you recommend starting sooner like from the start(I was thinking like 4-600mgs wkly)?!

Quote Originally Posted by qkleo17 View Post
    Great thanks brother .. would the nizoral be worth taking for myself? Or no don't even waste the money?
    There is some evidence that nizoral and/or minoxidil can improve the situation although stacked with fina the results are greater.

Comparative efficacy of various treatment regimens for androgenetic alopecia in men

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thx brother! I really don't want to go to Fina until absolutely necessary.... Still have my hair but it def I'd in my genes too... FVK! Lol

Nizorol I'll try and thanks for the link my man!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    So w/my upcoming cycle BB... I'll be using prop/NPP/Mast p from wks 5-12...what kind of shampoo can I get for preventative measures?? And would you recommend starting sooner like from the start(I was thinking like 4-600mgs wkly)?!
    Masteron might not be very good for your hair bro

This last cycle I tried proviron plus the regular fina+nizoral. I've tried proviron before but only 3-4 days stopping cause didnt notice any benefits from it.
    This time I took it longer 75mgs ed, by 5-6 days noticed muscles a bit harder but my hair started shedding, it was hair together with follicle, pretty noticeble. So I stopped the proviron.
    I was trying to proof that the hair problems were coming from endogenous DHT that was getting blocked by fina and proviron would not attack hair, guess I was wrong. Not very scientific but its what I got lol

From your avi you got full head of hair so I wouldnt worry too much lol, but taking some nizoral shampoo and/or topical minoxidil will only help

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ I know right - the Mast... Lol but whatever.... Lol

If its gonna happen it is what it is! Lol But will definitely use a preventative measure(nizoral/topical minoxidil) thx for advice my man... Always appreciated!

fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Not to hijack the thread guys but am gonna do a test deca cycle so my question is should i run nizoral only will it be enough to combat hairloss?i know that deca is safe on the hair line,test is the concern

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If your genetically pre-disposed to hair loss then you need to accept that your going to accelerate your hair loss. Try the shampoos, they may mask the problem for a bit. Good luck.
    NACH3 and Mr.BB like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    If your genetically pre-disposed to hair loss then you need to accept that your going to accelerate your hair loss. Try the shampoos, they may mask the problem for a bit. Good luck.
    As far as i know deca is safe on the hairline,my concern is only on cycle not after cycle,so will nizoral be sufficient to combat hairloss and incase hairloss became an issue use finasteride?also is saw palmetto of any use

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy View Post
    As far as i know deca is safe on the hairline,my concern is only on cycle not after cycle,so will nizoral be sufficient to combat hairloss and incase hairloss became an issue use finasteride?also is saw palmetto of any use
    yes, if you have a full head of hair for preventive measures use nizoral, minoxidil and saw palmetto
    NACH3 likes this.

yes, if you have a full head of hair for preventive measures use nizoral, minoxidil and saw palmetto
    As far as i know minoxidil is used if am having hair loss already right? How can i use saw palmetto and is there any sides of using it?

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    ^^^ I know right - the Mast... Lol but whatever.... Lol If its gonna happen it is what it is! Lol But will definitely use a preventative measure(nizoral/topical minoxidil) thx for advice my man... Always appreciated!
    Just tren it instead, it's not dht based

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy View Post
    As far as i know minoxidil is used if am having hair loss already right? How can i use saw palmetto and is there any sides of using it?
    I take 320mgs ed of saw palmetto, get no sides that I notice. Its a natural plant

Thread Information