Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown

Thread: Cycling after 6 months off

justo is offline Associate Member
    HOw long after 6 months or so out should one wait before doing another test only cycle?
    Last edited by justo; 02-14-2015 at 08:10 AM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Time on + PCT = time off per cycle...

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Time on + PCT = time off per cycle...
    Did you read what I said?

I have been out of gym for 6 months! Been back in now for 2 months how long should I wait before cycling again?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justo View Post
    Did you read what I said?

I have been out of gym for 6 months! Been back in now for 2 months how long should I wait before cycling again?
    Misunderstood... If you haven't trained in 6 months? I would at least get back to where you were b4 your previous cycle(but if one already has the foundation (muscle memory will kick in and you'll see big gains but it'll be harder to keep... So id suggest getting back into the gym so your MM kicks in then go back to a cycle... Just my .02...

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Misunderstood... If you haven't trained in 6 months? I would at least get back to where you were b4 your previous cycle(but if one already has the foundation (muscle memory will kick in and you'll see big gains but it'll be harder to keep... So id suggest getting back into the gym so your MM kicks in then go back to a cycle... Just my .02...
    I'm still over 15 lbs heavier the. What I was before I started my first cycle a year ago

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I'm still over 15 lbs heavier the. What I was before I started my first cycle a year ago
    If you feel your strong enough(tendons ligaments) I'd say since you've been there you'd be ok to do one... That being said is it the best idea(not so sure) but you've obviously made some gains in the 2 months back... WhTs your bf% mate? If 15or below you may be ok(but if ya took 6 monyhs off that doesn't neccesarily mean you can't start one now if all else is in check...

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would give it a bit longer ... how long? To where your lifts were before your time off and your bf is 15% or less. If you reach one before the other be patient and achieve both, you will be happier with your cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown
    I would give it a bit longer ... how long? To where your lifts were before your time off and your bf is 15% or less. If you reach one before the other be patient and achieve both, you will be happier with your cycle.
    I wasn't gonna do it right now anyways but thinking in the next couple months or so. Last time I made ridiculous gains check my 1 year progress thread

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't gonna do it right now anyways but thinking in the next couple months or so. Last time I made ridiculous gains check my 1 year progress thread
    Just checked it out buddy! Very Fvkin Nice!

So what are your stats now compared to 2 months post cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown
    So what are your stats now compared to 2 months post cycle?
    I started at 140 lbs and gained at least 25 during cycle after cycle I still had most gains lost water obviously but everything was going well u till I just fell in This big hole got depressed and stopped training until about 2 months ago I wasn't eating good or training just sittin about smoking! Still 14lbs heavier then pre cycle

Motardpdx is offline Associate Member
    Hi, get your diet dialed in and your gains will follow plus you will maintain your LBM longer off cycle. IMO.

I started at 140 lbs and gained at least 25 during cycle after cycle I still had most gains lost water obviously but everything was going well u till I just fell in This big hole got depressed and stopped training until about 2 months ago I wasn't eating good or training just sittin about smoking! Still 14lbs heavier then pre cycle
    That happens bro glad you are turning it around. Here is some food for thought: set some goals in that next time around you plan your valleys maybe back off on training a bit but don't stop, have a little more flexibility in your diet but try to stay focused during the week. Do some fun stuff with your buddies or girlfriend to keep your mind occupied.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ PCT is a b*tch... Like BB stated try and stay busy... In and outta the gym in 30-45 min... I have gone thru the same thing(stopped lifting as the depression got the best of me) first cycle... But having come here I found that it's normal(for the obvious reasons you/me/BB/everyone now knows)... I also found that takin at least a week off in 6 week increments helps(and for sure after cycle) but we all have to remember that getting through this period is crucial as I have found out from experience...

Try and stay busy(easier said than done) and backing off sets/& intensity will help as well... Keeping mind busy is a must... Try different techniques to see what fits you...
    Last edited by NACH3; 02-14-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Thread Information