Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mp859

Thread: attempt to stay lean on prop cycle?

tngator is offline New Member

attempt to stay lean on prop cycle?

so after finishing up a 6-7 week minicut i'm going to be running my first cycle. I'll be going with Test prop at 140mg EOD (wife is a nurse so she'll be exact on measurements)

my question to you guys is..

is it worth attempting to stay lean while on cycle? i feel most logs i read where ppl put on 20+ pounds, most of it seems to be fat and water.. very rarely have i EVER seen anyone shoot up 20lbs and look like it was all muscle. i'm sure one reason is because most ppl seem to diet around the 15-20%bf range where they cant see their abs to begin with so who it's harder to tell.

but i will be lean as i start my cycle. and i'm wondering if i'm doing a disservice to mys elf if i heavily monitor my diet and shoot for 1-2lbs a week versus the eat everything, balloon for 30lbs.. develope a complex, hate the fat.. diet for 12 weeks.. then end up being the exact same size i was pre cycle...

has anyone produced quality gains while keeping their waist from ballooning 1+ inches?

jolter604 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I thought test p was ideal for leaning out?It is the slower esters that have more water retention.stick with the test p and drink allot of water.eat lean.and make sure you run it with a Ai it will keep your e levels down as well as the water.and are you using hcg with your ass????

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The steroid doesn't dictate the gains. The food you consume dictates what kind of gains you make. If you eat a bunch of shiit you will look like shiit. Consuming clean quality foods coupled with intense workouts and rest will produce the best results.
    Lee_1978 likes this.

yes i am.. running 300ius 3x a week

i understand it's all about food. i understand nutrition fairly well. but what i'm afraid is that my fear of getting fat will make me waste the cycle.. and have ppl been able to make good gains while staying lean..

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tngator
    i understand it's all about food. i understand nutrition fairly well. but what i'm afraid is that my fear of getting fat will make me waste the cycle.. and have ppl been able to make good gains while staying lean..
    I stay lean and make gains and yes it is all determined by how strict your nutrition is

tectime is offline Member
    I just finished alittle 14 wk tes/deca blast, gained 8 lbs with no increase on the calipers at all. Started it at under 11% finish out under 11 maybe even alittle less. I like to keep estrogen tight helps me to stay leaner.

AddaxTheBulldog is offline New Member
    If that picture in your avatar is you, you probably have a good idea on how your body responds to the food you eat. Using AAS is all about how you eat/train imo, you can take cycles that are generally used for bulking and turn them into a cutting/physique cycle just based on how you diet/train. Getting fat on a cycle is just irresponsibility, i think your fears are just imagination. Goodluck

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    You are overthinking it, if your diet is right there is litle fat gains.

It all comes from experience, but water gains can be controlled by proper e2 control.

thanks for the reply fellas.. this is what i was hoping to hear

i'll be watching the diet and probably keep it sub 4000 cals in order to keep the fat at bay but not to inhibit gains. a steady 1-2 lbs a week is something i'll shoot for

Just add some cardio into your workouts and you'll stay lean. Every cycle I run is a "cutting" cycle. I don't like gaining fat along with muscles just to get bigger. I want to look cut over look big.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What are your stats?

5'9.. Probably will be around 175 precycle (162 n pic) 28yrs young, lifting for over 10yrs

monster-ish is offline Associate Member
    Find out your TDEE and shoot for 400 to500 cal above that if your trying to bulk. Long as you eat clean you will be fine as far as fat gains go

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Honestly you can cut on just about anything if your diet is clean and your running an ai
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I am running a prop cycle and eat pretty clean, my bf is going down every week and I am drying out more every week. Just monitor your diet so you gain the 1-2lbs a week you want, it is hard to gain fat on cycle if you are eating clean and hitting your calorie goals.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    Honestly you can cut on just about anything if your diet is clean and your running an ai
    This is true. I cut on tes e and tren a. I run my tes around 250/300 a week and my tren will vary but doesn't exceed 600 mgs a week.

Thread Information