Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tice1212
  • 1 Post By tice1212

Thread: t3 question

tice1212 is offline Productive Member

t3 question

So I'm doing 50mcg of t3 everyday (test, tren , mast, winny, t3 bodybuilding show cycle)
    My question is. When you diet naturally if u decrease ur calorie intake of carb intake for an extended amount of time you can damage ur metabolism but since I am now controlling my own thyroid am I still able to damage my metabolism? If that makes sense. Thanks boys

XxAndreaxX is offline Senior Member
    I think on T3, you might shut down harder than only low cal diet, but its only a guess.
    anyways, if you don't have any issues, your thyroids should recover well. My personal opinión about T3, I don't see any majour difference while on T3. clen makes much more. T3 makes me look flat. I have better results by lowering cal instead of use T3.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tice1212 View Post
    So I'm doing 50mcg of t3 everyday (test, tren , mast, winny, t3 bodybuilding show cycle)
    My question is. When you diet naturally if u decrease ur calorie intake of carb intake for an extended amount of time you can damage ur metabolism but since I am now controlling my own thyroid am I still able to damage my metabolism? If that makes sense. Thanks boys
    Your metabolism does not get damaged from reducing calories or carbs. T3 will increase your metabolism.

Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post

Your metabolism does not get damaged from reducing calories or carbs. T3 will increase your metabolism.
    From what I know it does but it has to be for an extended 6-8 wks or longer. Is there no truth to that?

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tice1212 View Post
    From what I know it does but it has to be for an extended 6-8 wks or longer. Is there no truth to that?
    That's not metabolic syndrome or damage. It's your metabolism slowing down bc of losing mass and down regulation of certain hormones from under eating. The point is it's not damage in the literal sense of the word but a normal biological process/response.

Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post

That's not metabolic syndrome or damage. It's your metabolism slowing down bc of losing mass and down regulation of certain hormones from under eating. The point is it's not damage in the literal sense of the word but a normal biological process/response.
    Oh OK makes sense. Thanks brother. Great explanation
    Docd187123 likes this.

swol_je is offline Senior Member
    Are you worried about damaging your thyroid or are you referring to slowing it down as a result of the diet while using T3? If your taking in a synthetic thyroid med, it will not slow down due to extreme dieting due to the 50mcg your taking. That would be enough to keep it up during a low calorie diet without any slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by swol_je View Post
    Are you worried about damaging your thyroid or are you referring to slowing it down as a result of the diet while using T3? If your taking in a synthetic thyroid med, it will not slow down due to extreme dieting due to the 50mcg your taking. That would be enough to keep it up during a low calorie diet without any slow down.
    Normal tdee (2780)
    8 week tdee (2350)
    4 week tdee (2000)
    That's what I'm looking to do.
    Gear being ran during
    Test p 270mg EW
    Tren a 300mg EW
    Mast 500mg EW
    Winny 50mg ED
    T3 50mcg ED

I guess I'm just worried that i once the show is over an I going to have to reverse diet back to my tdee of which ever I calculate it at. Example: if the day of the show I'm at 2000 calories and the day after the show is my metabolism going to be slowed down to where I eat my normal weight tdee (2650) will I just be gaining fat. Or do I have to bring it up slowly like
    Week 1-2 after show (2100)
    Week 3-4 (2250)
    Week 5-6 (2400)
    Week 7-8 (2650)

So if this is a dumb question. I would love to stay pretty lean after my show I know once pct happens its going to put some weight (fat/water) on me.

swol_je is offline Senior Member
    If your wanting to stay lean I'd say you'll have to reverse diet. Even though you'll still be taking the T3, you physically wont need 2650 right off the bat. BUT that also depends on how much cardio (if any) you keep doing, as well as intensity and time in the gym, etc. You shouldn't need to reverse diet that slow though. Increase calories slowly over 3-4 weeks and you should be fine. There's more to metabolism than just the T3 hormone, as i'm sure you know judging by your pics. Looking good by the way. How far out are you now? What show are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by swol_je View Post
    If your wanting to stay lean I'd say you'll have to reverse diet. Even though you'll still be taking the T3, you physically wont need 2650 right off the bat. BUT that also depends on how much cardio (if any) you keep doing, as well as intensity and time in the gym, etc. You shouldn't need to reverse diet that slow though. Increase calories slowly over 3-4 weeks and you should be fine. There's more to metabolism than just the T3 hormone, as i'm sure you know judging by your pics. Looking good by the way. How far out are you now? What show are you doing?
    Thanks for the reply brother. Yeah ur right, I'll bring them up slowly between that 3-4 week window. I'm going to keep the t3 up for a little after the show but lower it to probably 35mcg. I didnt even think about keeping the cardio up but i will keep it up after the show so i stay leanish lol..Thanks alot brother I'm 8 weeks out. Doing April 11 npc.. Both bodybuilding and physique.
    NACH3 likes this.

Roger11 is offline Member
    i was on 100mcg T3, 800mg mast, 800mg tren e and 250 test e and i dropped 11kg in 6 weeks. No muscle loss that i could see or anything. I tried eating at my maintenance and creating my defict via cardio, i was doing 1-2hrs per day, honestly i just went by how i felt/ mirror and scales, not worried too much about hitting my calories because on gear you really wont lose anything tbh, well i dont anyway even if i ate 1 meal per day, but thats just me.

For yourself though, id consider eating at maintenance and letting cardio and the T3 put you in a defict, if 3000cals is your maintenance than eat that with a good macro split that suits you and do cardio to create your defict, than re adjust your maintenance every 5kg or so, thats what i do. Good luck man!

Thread Information