Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By XxAndreaxX
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: Question on the earlier day of steroids

jackfrost88 is offline Associate Member

Question on the earlier day of steroids

Back before all the science/studies and publicly available information what did bodybuilders or athletes use? Did they stay on cycle or know about PCT etc? I ask because some of the 80's bodybuilders seem like they aged well off of the juice (or so it appears). What steroids were available then or what would one of their cycles look like? I wouldn't do the same im just curious.

XxAndreaxX is offline Senior Member
    I’m pretty shure they did the taper off method. Most of them, probably got gyno surgery too.
    For the pros, I think they all ended on TRT like today. I heard they were bridging cycles with Dbol . Some were eating 100mg a day.
    What they had available was test, deca , winstrol , dbol, drol, maybe masteron and var, more or less everything that’s pharma.
    If you look at their physiques, they were round and looked bloated, even if they were very lean.
    Simple comparision, Schwarzenegger to Mike o hearn. Both comparable size, but mike is from another planet when it comes to shreddedness.
    If your question is why todays BB are so ****ed up, its because of HGH, IGF-1, insulin and synthol abuse.
    swolehead and NACH3 like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ that synthol sh*t is toxic as hell?! Correct? Its so nasty, fvkin injecting synthetic motor oil! And it looks awful!
    Red Bastard likes this.

jackfrost88 is offline Associate Member
    Didn't know they had all that thanks. I was thinking more about their jaws / hair loss more than anything. Maybe a result of doing less on cycle or them not having as many "designer" steroids as now. Anyone know if PCT was even a thing back then? How could their livers handle that much dbol ?

Jesusbrah is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackfrost88 View Post
    Didn't know they had all that thanks. I was thinking more about their jaws / hair loss more than anything. Maybe a result of doing less on cycle or them not having as many "designer" steroids as now. Anyone know if PCT was even a thing back then? How could their livers handle that much dbol?
    Pct wasnt a thing before the 90īs, but it wasnt the same as today. Hcg blast at the end of the cycle. Look at Rich Piana for a classic example of old school pct. He still preaches this shit!

I once talked to a guy who cycled back in the days. He ran dbol till he could see the whites of his eyes turning yellow

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I first cycled in 89. There was no pct, you just relied on your genetics. Creatine came along so we thought by holding some water weight we were keeping our gains. Even once the underground steroid handbook came out we thought that was the holy Grail but information was still limited. The average gym Guy was at the mercy of whatever he was told.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    What we have today is scientifically far more advanced than ever... But we still are just the future lab rats now... Though we have SOOO much more than youse had Buster and the BBs in the 70s up to 90s like stated... Science is constantly changing so are we then and so will this sport....

Truejew15 is offline New Member
    I shot test cyp and Winn in my stomach by pinching the fat , my guy just told me the only thing you shoot in your stomach is growth everything else goes in a muscle arm or butt quad,....SHOULD I BE WORRIED ITS FIRST CYCLE AND FIRST DOSE

Jesusbrah is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Truejew15 View Post
    I shot test cyp and Winn in my stomach by pinching the fat , my guy just told me the only thing you shoot in your stomach is growth everything else goes in a muscle arm or butt quad,....SHOULD I BE WORRIED ITS FIRST CYCLE AND FIRST DOSE
    You should make your own thread about this. But no, sub q injections are not dangerous. Intramuscular is ideal.

Thread Information