longchi is offline New Member

high blood pressure during pct?

i was on test p for about a month (quit since i found out im still possibly not done developing once i discovered these forums) and my BP has been about 145~150/80 even tho im almost done with pct. is this normal? btw i use the test from cvs next to the pharmacy(typucal BP reader)

sahil848 is offline Junior Member
    Get your blood work done, Lipid & KFT minimum.

longchi is offline New Member
    Can quest diagnostics fo this

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longchi View Post
    Can quest diagnostics fo this
    Yes

Good decision on stopping and holding off.

When checking your blood pressure make sure to sit down for about 2 minutes before taking it and make sure the cuff is not to tight when starting. I have found some of those that my arm barely squeezes into the opening, or at least use to. lol Also make sure when seated your legs are not crossed and make sure to breath normally and take deep breaths. I can make mine go down 15 points or more just by breathing deeply.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    I you "discovered" your BPO was this it means you have no clue what it was before using so..

You could have had BP issues from the start.

Post your bloodwork pre using test if any.

If none then you you have two things going on...

1. Your PCT
    2. Your BP

Again since you dont know what it was pre-cycle you could have a reaction to some of your PCT meds...who knows.

Keep an eye on your BP and finish your PCT. If after PCT and your bloodwork shows all is normal your BP should be back to normal...if it was normal to start with. If it is not then you need to work with a doctor to get your BP in order. Since you are in PCT a BP difference cannot be diagnosed effectively due to your Axis still recovering.

My 2 cents

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Yes

Good decision on stopping and holding off.

When checking your blood pressure make sure to sit down for about 2 minutes before taking it and make sure the cuff is not to tight when starting. I have found some of those that my arm barely squeezes into the opening, or at least use to. lol Also make sure when seated your legs are not crossed and make sure to breath normally and take deep breaths. I can make mine go down 15 points or more just by breathing deeply.
    ^^^ these are proven methods... I too, can drop my BP by deep breathing and feet flat on ground(uncrossed as mentioned above)... Try?

I also see Chicagotarsier comment to be true as you didn't know your BP prior to cycling(& again you made the right decision on stopping)!

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your BP has probably been creeping up all cycle long. As noted you probably didn't know what it was pre cycle. Keep an eye on it but it should return back to normal. I have no idea what you did on cycle or your starting and finishing stats or family Med history but I have had my BP creep up on cycle and then have it return to my normal range.

Baxter35 is offline Member
    Also check it multiple times on different days before getting too worried about it. And as mentioned above, make sure the cuff fits properly. I've had my bp taken with a small cuff and it comes back sky high, then switch to a large cuff and its fine. And it may be hard, but try not to think about it and stay calm. I get white coat syndrome for no good reason, and I can literally feel my pulse rising and my bp going up as I sit in a doctors office waiting for my bp to be taken. This usually happens when I'm at a new Dr for the first time. Once I've been there a few times and not nervous, my bp reading drops dramatically.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35 View Post
    Also check it multiple times on different days before getting too worried about it. And as mentioned above, make sure the cuff fits properly. I've had my bp taken with a small cuff and it comes back sky high, then switch to a large cuff and its fine. And it may be hard, but try not to think about it and stay calm. I get white coat syndrome for no good reason, and I can literally feel my pulse rising and my bp going up as I sit in a doctors office waiting for my bp to be taken. This usually happens when I'm at a new Dr for the first time. Once I've been there a few times and not nervous, my bp reading drops dramatically.
    I'm exactly the same as I can feel my HR/BP rise as I'm sitting in the waiting room... Especially if I'm on cycle I get real nervous b4 my BP test znd usually calm down once I start talking w/the doc... So if it was high when they took it I'll ask em to take it again and it's usually a significant difference... Plus I have anxiety and panic attacks too... So deep slow breathing does help lower my HR/& BP...Just my .02
    Last edited by NACH3; 02-03-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longchi View Post
    i was on test p for about a month (quit since i found out im still possibly not done developing once i discovered these forums) and my BP has been about 145~150/80 even tho im almost done with pct. is this normal? btw i use the test from cvs next to the pharmacy(typucal BP reader)
    Those cuffs on the machine are made for normal size folks,,,not bodybuilders.
    You need a larger cuff for a more accurate reading.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    Those cuffs on the machine are made for normal size folks,,,not bodybuilders.
    You need a larger cuff for a more accurate reading.
    I hope you are right.. I just finished a supderdrol cycle early because I checked my BP at the gym and it was 176/98!!! freaked me out! Pre-superdrol it is around 128/78. Im trying to decide if I should go to the doctor or it will go back down naturally fairly quickly since I stopped. Now all the day I feel something and I'm like "uh.. heart attack ready to happen"...

Thread Information