bartman314 is offline Productive Member

bw question for injectables cycle while on accutane

i'm on accutane to clear up some back acne from combined trt and a test+deca cycle i ran last year. part of my accutane protocol is monthly bw to monitor lipds and liver function. my baseline (off-cycle, on TRT) bw pre accutane relevant to accutane protocol is:

Protein, Total, Serum 7.0 6-8.5
    Albumin, Serum 4.4 3.5-5.5
    Bilirubin, Total 0.5 0-1.2
    Alkaline Phosphatase, S 62 39-117
    AST (SGOT) 74 H 0-40
    ALT (SGPT) 64 H 0-44

Cholesterol, Total 175 100-199
    Triglycerides 78 0-149
    HDL Cholesterol 45 >39
    VLDL Cholesterol Cal 16 5-40
    LDL Cholesterol Calc 114 H 0-99

unfortunately i dont have relevant mid cycle bw from my last 400mg/w test cyp + 300 mg/w deca cycle. my question is whether or not i should expect any significant changes in the above levels if I do another test cyp + deca cycle? i understand the answer may be dependent on dosage and duration, and any relevant experience or opinions here would be helpful.

for what it's worth, i'm 51, 6'2" 225, ~10% bf by the pictures (and 5% by x-ray - but that's another thread!) with two modest cycles of experience (both injectables). i understand i want to stay away from orals while on accutane due to liver interactions.

thanks!

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    if you are in TRT then you are no.longer cycling you are blasting.(but this has no importance)

You might expect a small incease in your liver enzyme HDL could drop and other lipids would increase.

But it is highly diet dependant...

No matter what I took my Lipids were getting better even if my diet went to shit... so it highly depends on the individual.

And Im.wondering why is she still.prescribing you accutane if you liver enzyme are elevated...
    Elevated liver enzyme are a Counter-indication to accutane...

I was 2 point over and my med cancelled my prescription.

anyway thatsnpretty much it, there is not much risk blasting on accutane.

thanks qsc, very helpful!

you're right... it's a blast.

my ast and alt have always been elevated in the 50-90 range (at least the past 4 years, including pre-trt). i'm curious to see what will happen through the protocol. i'm currently on 60 mg accutane/day and have my first monthly bw next week. according to guidelines, i could go upto 100 mg/day for my body weight if liver function is ok.

fwiw, she said she's be concerned if my alt, ast went up into the mid/high 100's.

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    holy shit...

this is heavy dose...

real accutane fix my mild acne(steroid induced) in 3-4 weeks at 10mg EOD. No side whatsoever, skin clear.
    fast result.(btw at that point I was on 250mg test/week)

I dont see the point in using that much...

its healthier to use.less.for.longer when accutane is concern.

I advice you 20mg ED for severe acne... worst case scenario 40mg/d...

60mg is too.much IMO and 100mg would be looking for trouble.

thanks for the feedback. here's what i have learned so far.

accutane works as a systemic drug and the 'correct' dosage scales with body weight at UP TO 1 mg/day per kg body weight. for severe cases of acne, effective dosages vary from 0.5 to 1 mg/day per kg body weight over a few months duration. for men, liver damage is the most significant side effect and is monitored with regular blood work.

according to my doc, i have the worst back acne she's ever seen - thus the initial dosage level prescribed. i've been on accutane for about a month now and have not yet seen significant acne reduction (but my skin is dry, so the drug is working).

i'll report on progress........

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Your liver enzymes are already high, taking 60mgs isotretinoin I bet you will be way above 100's on your liver enzymes by your next BW.

There's only so much a liver protection and fish oil O3 can do, and you are 51, blasting on top of that I think you are being reckless, my .02 cents...

Beer on me if I'm wrong

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman314 View Post
    accutane works as a systemic drug and the 'correct' dosage scales with body weight at UP TO 1 mg/day per kg body weight. for severe cases of acne, effective dosages vary from 0.5 to 1 mg/day per kg body weight over a few months duration. for men, liver damage is the most significant side effect and is monitored with regular blood work.
    That dosage is old medical information, nowadays dermatologists are using much lower dosages with similar effects, of course treatments still take 6 months and more.

Also, not that it matters in your case, but UGL accutane is ussually very underdosed. 10mgs generic pharma isotretinoin gave me more sides than 40mgs of UGL shiet.

thanks for the inputs mr bb.

my current (and i think competent!) doc is the one who started me at 60mg with a possible trajectory to 100mg. nevertheless i'll ask her about your point.

i agree with your ugl comment. i self medicated with ugl for a few months and didn't see any benefits - thus my move to a real doc, and pharma accutane.

Thread Information