Deen54 is offline Member

Steroid and cholesterol

So I have been off juice for 3 months. Went for blood work and my cholesterol is high around 6. Doc wants me on Crestor. What should I do? I don't like statins.
    Statins lower your sex drive cuz they lower cholesterol. Plus I heard they have some pretty awful sides.
    I'm type 2 diabetic. Was thinking of juicing again but with this high cholesterol crap I don't know.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    What's your nutrition look like? A lot if the time the nutrition is the culprit

Deen54 is offline Member
    Well my doc says my diet doesn't matter. I need the statins to bring it down.

Deen54 is offline Member
    I eat 2 whole eggs.. Multi grain bread. Lunch is pasta and chicken.. Dinner a protein source and a small carb.. Lots of nuts n seeds in between

Quote Originally Posted by Deen54 View Post
    Well my doc says my diet doesn't matter. I need the statins to bring it down.
    Sounds like you have made up your mind then? I have family members that run lipitor and have no sides with it

Deen54 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Sounds like you have made up your mind then? I have family members that run lipitor and have no sides with it
    No, I am still not doing it.
    Just wondering if I can bring it down without statins. Or is it something that only a statin can remove the plaque?

Quote Originally Posted by Deen54
    No, I am still not doing it. Just wondering if I can bring it down without statins. Or is it something that only a statin can remove the plaque?
    you might be surprised what diet can do. Really really high cholesteral runs in my family and my nutrition keeps mine in an excellent range. Unfortunately we would need someone else to chime in about statins as I know nothing about that

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Yes, you can

Take a look at this thread http://forums.steroid.com/hormone-re...xperiment.html

3xwinner is offline New Member
    while I was doing just Test e 250 1cc a week my cholesterol shot through the roof..my doc put me on a statin and its perfect now..no side effects except a little trouble sleeping...and my sex life is still good..its better safe then sorry..try a statin for a couple of months and see how you do..they do work

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    So I have been off juice for 3 months. Went for blood work and my cholesterol is high around 6. Doc wants me on Crestor. What should I do? I don't like statins.
    Statins lower your sex drive cuz they lower cholesterol. Plus I heard they have some pretty awful sides.
    I'm type 2 diabetic. Was thinking of juicing again but with this high cholesterol crap I don't know.
    Whats your LDL and HDL values?

There is evidence that diet can in fact change cholesterol values, maybe a surprise to you type 2diebetes has also been reversed by diet specially if caught in beggining.

At the end of the day you are what you eat.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    OP shouldnt believe everything he hears. Sides with Statins tend to surface when you're dosed too high which a lot of Docs can do unfortunately. I'm on 5 mgs Crestor, 3 days per week (for over 3 years) & my lipids/boners are fine. Some people just need to be on it. If your Doc is stating you need it, then your history of BW values over-time should validate his concern. If you think about it, it's rather silly to freak-out over the need for a Statin when you're already self administering UG AS without any medical supervision to speak of...

Deen54 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    OP shouldnt believe everything he hears. Sides with Statins tend to surface when you're dosed too high which a lot of Docs can do unfortunately. I'm on 5 mgs Crestor, 3 days per week (for over 3 years) & my lipids/boners are fine. Some people just need to be on it. If your Doc is stating you need it, then your history of BW values over-time should validate his concern. If you think about it, it's rather silly to freak-out over the need for a Statin when you're already self administering UG AS without any medical supervision to speak of...
    Ok if I were to take a statin and then started to juice. Would there be any interaction? Would sides be worse or would the statin even work?

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ok if I were to take a statin and then started to juice. Would there be any interaction? Would sides be worse or would the statin even work?
    See above. Sides start at higher than needed doses. I'm on TRT and have been using Crestor over 3 years...

Thread Information