• 1 Post By Buster Brown

Thread: Recomp ??

boneyhardbody is offline Junior Member

Recomp ??

Heard this word being used yesterday what does this mean

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneyhardbody View Post
    Heard this word being used yesterday what does this mean
    It means trying to add muscle while losing fat.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown
    It means trying to add muscle while losing fat.
    this and your nutrition needs to be on the money to make it happen

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    This is why in my eyes it's better to do one bulk or cut while cycling.., constantly gaining and cutting(but getting to the point where on your cut your weight is up and bf is just as low or lower...

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    This is why in my eyes it's better to do one bulk or cut while cycling.., constantly gaining and cutting(but getting to the point where on your cut your weight is up and bf is just as low or lower...
    oh it can be done you just have to be very in tune with your food intake. I have never done an all out bulk

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I did a cycle of test and tren last year and it was a major recomp, lost at least 5% bf probably more while gaining some quality muscle. I will be doing it again this summer but shoot for more muscle.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    oh it can be done you just have to be very in tune with your food intake. I have never done an all out bulk
    I hear ya... I haven't for that matter either., but it's usually done.(not everyone).. I used to just wNt to stay lean but now I want more size(at least 205lbs)but not dirty either... 10-12% preferably 10!

My goal so far not this cycle alone.... Lol
    Last edited by NACH3; 03-04-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

I hear ya... I haven't for that matter either., but it's usually done.(not everyone).. I used to just wNt to stay lean but now I want more size(at least 205lbs)but not dirty either... 10-12% preferably 10!

My goal so far not this cycle alone.... Lol
    I have recomped and my feeling is that post cycle not much was Gained. A little muscle gain (marginal) and some fat loss. I don't know.......I don't really feel like you are maximizing the cycles. I typically Carb cycle when cutting or recomping. This of course can be debated to death and I am sure some guys do get more out of it then others. On a bulk I like to train like a PL and maximize getting stronger while still training for hypertrophy.
    Sgt. Hartman likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    I have recomped and my feeling is that post cycle not much was Gained. A little muscle gain (marginal) and some fat loss. I don't know.......I don't really feel like you are maximizing the cycles. I typically Carb cycle when cutting or recomping. This of course can be debated to death and I am sure some guys do get more out of it then others. On a bulk I like to train like a PL and maximize getting stronger while still training for hypertrophy.
    ^^^ This is why I'm actually trying a bulk(I got down to about 12-13 max) but I've been eating like a horse(all clean I try and hit 40/40/20 - but sometimes have the trouble w/the carbs over maintaine)... I've experimented the other way and it does work but I'm trying to gain again(I've been too light since my accident) and am enjoying the fact I'm gaining again(by all means I've got a long way to go but I do see the light! lol

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

^^^ This is why I'm actually trying a bulk(I got down to about 12-13 max) but I've been eating like a horse(all clean I try and hit 40/40/20)... I've experimented the other way and it does work but I'm trying to gain again(I've been too light since my accident) and am enjoying the fact I'm gaining again(by all means I've got a long way but I do see the light! lol
    Eat bro, worry about the bad weight afterwards. You need to eat to grow. I don't understand guys bulking and hitting the treadmill for 40 minutes a day....duh! Carb cycling works well in a bulk as well.....I was too lazy this time around to do it but I think its a great method that can be used with success in a cut, bulk, even maintaining.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    Eat bro, worry about the bad weight afterwards. You need to eat to grow. I don't understand guys bulking and hitting the treadmill for 40 minutes a day....duh! Carb cycling works well in a bulk as well.....I was too lazy this time around to do it but I think its a great method that can be used with success in a cut, bulk, even maintaining.
    Yeah Ive definitely decided to go all out on a bulk this time! My metabolism is usually fast enough, especially w/my HIIT type w/o's(hitting agonists/antagonist muscle groups)! Yeah I agree thT food/diet dictates everything...luckily I do have the body type to put mass on!

I'm lovin this NPP though guys!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Yeah Ive definitely decided to go all out on a bulk this time! My metabolism is usually fast enough, especially w/my HIIT type w/o's(hitting agonists/antagonist muscle groups)! Yeah I agree thT food/diet dictates everything...luckily I do have the body type to put mass on! I'm lovin this NPP though guys!
    I hope it goes well. Even on an all out bulk of you are keeping the food clean you shouldn't gain that much fat. It's much harder to get those calories in with clean food and you will be consuming more food that way

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I hope it goes well. Even on an all out bulk of you are keeping the food clean you shouldn't gain that much fat. It's much harder to get those calories in with clean food and you will be consuming more food that way
    Thx brother! Yeah I totally agree w/that statement as I've been eating so much more food(clean food) as you stated! I've noticed too thst my body is reacting well to the food, whereas in the past I didn't eat enough! And your right I've been going through so much chicken(moreso than anything)... And That's why I'm posting in the what are you eating right now b/c it really helps seeing other people do it and motivates you to eat better as well!

Thread Information