chris_columbia is offline Associate Member

wisdom tooth extraction mid PCT

So the other day my back tooth in the far back started bothering me, I woke up with blood in my mouth and a sharp pain so I set up an appt with my dentist and they told me I need to get my wisdom teeth removed (I didn't do this when I was younger because they didn't bother me) so I have an appt at 9:15 in the morning for the extraction of all 4 of them, 2 are cutting through my gum and 2 and beneath gum line.

Question is what is my best bet for food options Other than protein shakes, Greek yogurt ? I know I won't be in the mood to chow down on a tough ass steak or chicken breast and I wish this could've happened another time but the pain is getting unbearable. Any advice from you guys or first hand experience on what I should expect? I'm kind of nervous about the pain as well.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_columbia View Post
    So the other day my back tooth in the far back started bothering me, I woke up with blood in my mouth and a sharp pain so I set up an appt with my dentist and they told me I need to get my wisdom teeth removed (I didn't do this when I was younger because they didn't bother me) so I have an appt at 9:15 in the morning for the extraction of all 4 of them, 2 are cutting through my gum and 2 and beneath gum line.

Question is what is my best bet for food options Other than protein shakes, Greek yogurt ? I know I won't be in the mood to chow down on a tough ass steak or chicken breast and I wish this could've happened another time but the pain is getting unbearable. Any advice from you guys or first hand experience on what I should expect? I'm kind of nervous about the pain as well.
    You shouldn't be in tremendous pain afterwards. No straws!!!!! Just go with shakes (room temp) and soft foods. You will be amazed at how quick you start to heal up.

Ben & Jerry's for 2 days is what I did.
    But if you're trying to be healthy...
    Soup, yogurt, milk, cheese, eggs, bananas, and shakes.

Sweet guys, I just didn't want my nutrition to be lacking because I know pct is the most important time to get your meals and training in.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed at the same time. All of mine were impacted or had nerves running very close to the roots, so I had to go to an oral surgeon. The day after I was eating anything I wanted. The biggest thing you have to worry about is a dry socket. No straws, smoking, or sucking on anything, depending on your pain tolerance you should be eating normal foods in 3 days at most.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

In this day and age it wont be as bad as some of the stories Im sure you have already heard.
    I bet you will be tender and sore though for at least a week. I think the yogurt idea is a good one.
    Eggs,,oatmeal,,grits are all soft and easy to get down. Whey Isolate shakes would come in handy here.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Had 6 removed one time....

Oats, grits, soup broth with whole eggs and quinoa mixed in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Had 6 removed one time....

Oats, grits, soup broth with whole eggs and quinoa mixed in it.
    Sounds like a plan man. 12 hours till operation

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Sounds like a plan man. 12 hours till operation
    Ull be swollen for a day not even. ...pain depends on u.

I had a tooth that was impacted in the roof of my mouth that went up about 2" into my sinus. (Picture the ex ray showing this tooth almost under my eye socket)

I was in serious pain for about a week at least. No solid foods either

Thread Information