electrisio is offline New Member

long term potential damager

Hey guys,
    I am almost 21. When I had just turned 19 I made the poor decision to do a 6 week dbol cycle. Back then I had quite a few mental issues and I was very immature. I completely regret the decision but there's no point looking back from where I am. I have been suffering from low t issues (mainly sex drive) but now after blood tests it has come back up to more normal levels (500-600 - although I know this is perhaps slightly low for my age) and my physique since the cycle has vastly improved (more muscular and a lot leaner) and my testicular atrophy has gone. I still have some libido issues but I am pretty sure these are psychological as I occasionally have random spells (probably once every few months) where my libido goes through the roof for a few weeks, usually coinciding with things in my life are going well. I am now going to see a psychosex therapist to try and help this.

My question today is regarding the impact of the cycle of my physical and mental development. I am very concerned that I may have messed things up pretty bad. Does anyone have any input as to whether my cycle would have likely had big long term impacts? Since my cycle I have definitely grown (one sign that some things may have continued normally perhaps?). I know that stunted growth is probably the least of my worries. I accept that I may have to go on TRT when im older, but this is something that I would consider doing anyway for the benefits associated with it.

I know that this is another classic "starting too young story" but as a teenager I was not in a good place (depression, anxiety etc) and I felt like achieving a great physique would change my life. Naive and stupid I know but what happened has happened and I have accepted the consequences.

Cheers

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Sounds like you had some depression and anxiety issues prior to use? It would be hard to imagine how a one time 6 wk cycle (I am assuming beginner's/low dose?) would have long term problems by itself. Yes dbol does aromatize and could have hastened your growth plates closing, but at 19 you likely werent going to get much taller anyway. To any teenagers reading, this is not to say this was a good idea. You will benefit more from AAS waiting later until system is more mature, natural growth factors have peaked, and to allow for years of training before (this maximizes your gains later). But for you, that is water under the bridge.

Libido is much more complicated than testosterone ; and with you having bloodwork confirming ok levels and continued gym progress I would say look for another cause.

tobias 34 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by electrisio
    Hey guys, I am almost 21. When I had just turned 19 I made the poor decision to do a 6 week dbol cycle. Back then I had quite a few mental issues and I was very immature. I completely regret the decision but there's no point looking back from where I am. I have been suffering from low t issues (mainly sex drive) but now after blood tests it has come back up to more normal levels (500-600 - although I know this is perhaps slightly low for my age) and my physique since the cycle has vastly improved (more muscular and a lot leaner) and my testicular atrophy has gone. I still have some libido issues but I am pretty sure these are psychological as I occasionally have random spells (probably once every few months) where my libido goes through the roof for a few weeks, usually coinciding with things in my life are going well. I am now going to see a psychosex therapist to try and help this. My question today is regarding the impact of the cycle of my physical and mental development. I am very concerned that I may have messed things up pretty bad. Does anyone have any input as to whether my cycle would have likely had big long term impacts? Since my cycle I have definitely grown (one sign that some things may have continued normally perhaps?). I know that stunted growth is probably the least of my worries. I accept that I may have to go on TRT when im older, but this is something that I would consider doing anyway for the benefits associated with it. I know that this is another classic "starting too young story" but as a teenager I was not in a good place (depression, anxiety etc) and I felt like achieving a great physique would change my life. Naive and stupid I know but what happened has happened and I have accepted the consequences. Cheers
    This describes my situation perfectly. I have also wondered if I had not started so young I may have grown a few more inches but who's knows. But I wouldn't stress over it, I ran a few cycles in my teens starting at 17 and I'm not experiencing any issues with it today. Not condoning that by any means but I doubt 6 weeks of d-Bol did anything to you long term.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    We/I have been preaching here for years how it can fuse your growth plates. To many people/kids think they are done growing at 17, 18 or 20 but they arent. It's not just about height, it's about filling out, getting broader shoulder and such. Yes one cycle could do this, some get lucky and some dont and a lot have no idea what it may have done or ever associate the two.

It's good you realize it was not the best choice and you are more mature now. Keeping that in mind PLEASE listen to future advice when someone say something is not a good idea because most all of us can look back and see how immature we were at 17, 19, 21, 25 and yes even 30. lol When I was younger I got along with all the older guys at my work because they liked the fact I didnt act like a know it all and I actually listened to them and took their advice.

First things first is to get a full blood work done on your hormones. Make sure you have free Testosterone and sensitive Estrogen included in the panel as well as all the normal test. Dont worry about cholesterol or those basic test, they wont tell you what you need to know.

I would also consider supplenenting your B12 for energy and Vit D, it helps with mood. There are some other natural supplements that help improve mood. Realizing you may have a problem is always a good first step. Oh and dont let the doctors just tell you everything is normal, make sure you get a copy of your test and do some research as well as post it up here so some of the experts can take a look. We have some very knowledgeable people on this site.

What ever you do please do not think about jumping on TRT anytime soon. It's a last resort.

Thread Information