blinki is offline New Member

Muscle Scarring/Tightness

I was wondering first if it's a thing that over time injection sites build up scar tissue/the muscle gets otherwise messed with? I'm thinking symptoms like tighter than you'd expect compared to the rest of your body, glues not working quite right causing low back issues.

If it is a thing is it more happens to some but not others or everyone given enough time?

I know rotate injection sites but there's only so many of them, if you use regularly over a long enough period of time it adds up. Or is that if you use enough sites it should never happen?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blinki View Post
    I was wondering first if it's a thing that over time injection sites build up scar tissue/the muscle gets otherwise messed with? I'm thinking symptoms like tighter than you'd expect compared to the rest of your body, glues not working quite right causing low back issues.

If it is a thing is it more happens to some but not others or everyone given enough time?

I know rotate injection sites but there's only so many of them, if you use regularly over a long enough period of time it adds up. Or is that if you use enough sites it should never happen?
    If you pin in the same spot more often than any other than yes you can build up scar tissue(and you'd know just by how the pin actually goes in - you'd be able to feel it as well!

I always advise rotating sites every injection for this very reason... But don't get me wrong there's so many inj spots on quads alone I could pin my quads 4 days in a row no problem(do I - no I rotate between glutes/quads/delts/tris)... If used and rotate sites scar tissue shouldnt be a problem unless your in the same area all the time...

How long are you talking you've been on?

blinki is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    If you pin in the same spot more often than any other than yes you can build up scar tissue(and you'd know just by how the pin actually goes in - you'd be able to feel it as well!

I always advise rotating sites every injection for this very reason... But don't get me wrong there's so many inj spots on quads alone I could pin my quads 4 days in a row no problem(do I - no I rotate between glutes/quads/delts/tris)... If used and rotate sites scar tissue shouldnt be a problem unless your in the same area all the time...

How long are you talking you've been on?
    I'm on for medical reasons so 5 years and will be for the rest of my life- less frequent injections but no offs which might balance it out. I ask here because I'm struggling to get a medical opinion that understands both the injecting and the lifting elements. My doctor would have me just using glutes alternating sides, I added in quads for concern over scar tissue and thought doubling the number would make it fine.

I guess my real question is around how much you need to inject a spot for scar tissue to be a problem? Does giving it longer in between uses help or is 100 uses going to have the same effect regardless of what amount of times is between each? I added quads after about 2.5 years of each glute every 4 weeks, now each one is every 8 weeks, is that anywhere near enough to be causing problems?

I've have back issues for a good while now and I'm running out of possible explanations so might well be clutching at straws now. I want to see if others think it's a possibility since my doctor mostly looks blankly at me.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I figured you'd be on TRT if asking the way you did... Which is why I asked...

Yeah that's not good to have a relationship like that w/your doc! Malaise from that you'll be fine regarding scar tissue(you could alway pin your delts too! Very little room for error...

But there really no way of really knowing if and when scar tissue will appear... No set amount of times per say!

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've been on TRT since '93 and have only ran into a couple of places in the right glute that scarred. I do a fair amount of rolling on lacrosse balls and foam rollers for recovery in general. The lacrosse balls will break up the scar tissue in a couple of intense sessions so it's not much to be concerned about.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    I've been on TRT since '93 and have only ran into a couple of places in the right glute that scarred. I do a fair amount of rolling on lacrosse balls and foam rollers for recovery in general. The lacrosse balls will break up the scar tissue in a couple of intense sessions so it's not much to be concerned about.
    I love using lacrosse balls for my shoulder's scar tissue... Works wonders(much better in the joints as opposed to SMR - foam rolling IMO) when I first started it hurt like hell now it hurts so good! Lol

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah when it hurts you know you're doing it right.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Exactly!

Thread Information