Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: Lost 50% of my testosterone... Haven't touched gear since mid 2013.

Asteroid88 is offline New Member

Lost 50% of my testosterone... Haven't touched gear since mid 2013.

I finished my cycle in July 2013. Blood tests showed after recovery my test was sitting at 19nmol/L, PCT went well.

I had a blood test a few months ago to see how my test is doing and it was 17nmol/L. All well and good.

Got it measured again last week for a general check-up and it's now gone down to 9nmol/L! Basically I've lost 50% of my test since a couple of months ago. Nothing in my life has changed diet, stress-wise etc.

Haven't been anywhere near AAS or any other kind of fitness related drug since July 2013 after my 12 week deca cycle. So what the heck could have caused this? Did I never recover? It's depressed the hell out of me. The doctor I spoke to is useless and had no explanation nor did he want to comment. So here I am online searching for an explanation that might not exist.

Any suggestions appreciated.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Did you run a test base w/your Deca and if so did you use a DA to prevent prolactin rise??

What did your PCT consist of? Did you run hCG on cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Did you run a test base w/your Deca and if so did you use a DA to prevent prolactin rise??

What did your PCT consist of? Did you run hCG on cycle?
    Test with Deca, usual amounts but because it was so long ago I cannot remember exactly. It was a standard deca to test ratio though.

Did not use a DA for prolactin, did get a gyno lump under left nip which is now a lot bigger these last couple of months presumably because my test has completely crashed but estrogen hasn't!

PCT was standard clomid and nolva. Did the job just fine because pre PCT my test was 2.8nmol.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    The explanation is that your HPTA was not completely matured when you halted it by taking steroids , sometimes it gets deregulated like this, mostly on the young.

But you really need to tell us more information about you and your bloodwork. What was the free test, LH, FSH? Did you do the tyroid panel?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Have you gotten your other values done, like prolactin, LH,FSH, Thyroid, to see if your HPTA is up and running fine? If it is it could be testicular... But you'd want to rule all other possibilities out b4 as it could be a variety of things(hormonally, hypothyroidism, etc)...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    The explanation is that your HPTA was not completely matured when you halted it by taking steroids , sometimes it gets deregulated like this, mostly on the young.

But you really need to tell us more information about you and your bloodwork. What was the free test, LH, FSH? Did you do the tyroid panel?
    I was 24 when I did my first cycle, HPTA was as mature as it was going to get at that point.

Unfortunately doctors in the UK are terrible and know nothing about hormones. The endocrinologist I went to last week (for a gyno issue) didn't even know what to test for except for testosterone . I've asked GPs here for LH tests and they can never find it on their systems to order it. I feel utterly alone when it comes to blood work and medical support here, they are completely ignorant.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

Must have written at same time... I wouldn't repeat your reply to say the same basically! lol

That sucks OP... It's tough to find competent Drs who really understand Hormones... But I'm on the states but there are several members from your way! Have you tried ordering BW on line(don't know your Countries laws on that)?
    Mr.BB likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    In UK you need to ask at the local needle exchange. Or google pump clinic in Manchester

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Op you need to speak with your doc. The endo know fvck all about gyno can you pm yet ? If so pm me.

SOL!D5NAK3 is offline Associate Member
    they make mistakes in the bw, do another one to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Op you need to speak with your doc. The endo know fvck all about gyno can you pm yet ? If so pm me.
    I sort of understood how the endo wouldn't know anything about my gyno, but the fact he couldn't even give me a possible explanation for why my test has crashed by 50% was shocking, he's meant to specialize in hormones for fk sake.

Will try to PM.

And Sol1D I'm having another blood test in a couple of weeks, so will be interesting to know.

In the meantime this whole thing has really ****ed me off simply because I have to put my next cycle on hold.

Thread Information