Sculpture is offline Associate Member

D-bol lowers red blood cell count?

I've read conflicting info on weather or not this is true. Can someone help me out with some scientific liturature or studies or something here? This concerns me about the d-bol, Thanks in advance!

Crest is offline Senior Member
    believe it increases it mate

Its effects are largely non-AR mediated, which is documented by its rather low influence on the natural endocrine system2 and the fact that it decreases rather than increases red blood cell content in the blood. Which means that one worry users of Dianabol , especially short term, needn't fear is the dramatic shutdown of natural testosterone production as is often the case with very androgenic compounds.

Ok that's taken right out of the in depth dianabol profile by big-cat. So can someone who knows something about this please present me with some good info. thanks!

Dog-Slime is offline Senior Member
    If it does lower then anything you are stacking it with should raise it so it will all be fine in the end.

Well I know peeps around here hate d-bol only cycles but I don't. I make great gains at 20mg per day with no bloat and no side effects I've done test cycles and I've done d-bol cycles and in either case my gains are great and mostly kept so for the sake of guys who do d-bol only cycles it would be important to know if theyre lowering the red blood cell count and reducing the oxygen level to all their cells while on. Flame me if you just can't help yourselves guys but what are we gonna learn from each other if we all imitate each other and use gear the same way all the time. Any usefull info. is very appreciated.

I dont know whether it lowers them or not but if you get good gains I dont see why it matters. You could try injectable b-12 if your that worried about it, it increases rbc's. Hmm but your probably scared of needles if your doing d-bol only cycles....

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    as far as i am aware it has the abiliity to increase it just as all AS do. If you are looking to lower it while on cycle then you could try eating a grapefruit a day. an enzyme in grapefruit has been shown to lower high rbc back to normal range. The other way would be to give blood or discontinue AS use.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001 View Post
    as far as i am aware it has the abiliity to increase it just as all AS do. If you are looking to lower it while on cycle then you could try eating a grapefruit a day. an enzyme in grapefruit has been shown to lower high rbc back to normal range. The other way would be to give blood or discontinue AS use.
    PB, is this proven or theoritical? Have you tried it? I was pretty high on last cycle with eq and was always told to donate, but i never did and i doubt i will in future... if true, a grapefruit is an easy fix

Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    PB, is this proven or theoritical? Have you tried it? I was pretty high on last cycle with eq and was always told to donate, but i never did and i doubt i will in future... if true, a grapefruit is an easy fix
    it has been proven. A study showed that half a grapefruit ED returned the subjects high RBCs to within normal range. I believe Tai knows quite a bit about this and can fill you in on the tech side of it! I suffer from high RBC when running Nors and a grapefruit a day has sorted it.

thank you, I will give this one a try with my dbol kickstarter coming up...

it has been proven. A study showed that half a grapefruit ED returned the subjects high RBCs to within normal range. I believe Tai knows quite a bit about this and can fill you in on the tech side of it! I suffer from high RBC when running Nors and a grapefruit a day has sorted it.
    Do you have to eat it or can you drink the juice? Might sound dumb but I know the stuff thats in it that increases absorption is mostly in the pulp part. Which brings me to my next question, is it the same stuff that increases absorption that lowers RBC? If it is I believe you can buy it in pill form.

it is not the same stuff that increases absorbtion. different enzyme. The studies were done with the fruit not the juice so i am unsure wether it would be ok to sub.

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member

WHY is high RBC detrimental to health?

As someone who does gear AND vitamin B-12 to increase appetite, I'm sure my red blood count (RBC) is high. What are the symptoms, and why is having high RBD detrimental to good health? I thought athletes who did "blood doping" (injecting themselves with their own blood) were trying to INCREASE their red blood cell count to increase performance. The grapefruit idea bears some research for me, as I cannot give blood.

-BigLittleTim

Note:
    A man who has had sex with another man at any time since 1977 is banned for life from donating blood. Injection drug users (incl. steroid users) and commercial sex workers (prostitutes) can donate blood once they have abstained from those activities for at least a year.

sorel_C is offline Member
    high RBC can lead to high blood pressure which can lead to blood clots,, or at least from what i remember,, and also every aas increases RBC

Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim View Post
    As someone who does gear AND vitamin B-12 to increase appetite, I'm sure my red blood count (RBC) is high. What are the symptoms, and why is having high RBD detrimental to good health? I thought athletes who did "blood doping" (injecting themselves with their own blood) were trying to INCREASE their red blood cell count to increase performance. The grapefruit idea bears some research for me, as I cannot give blood.

-BigLittleTim

Note:
    A man who has had sex with another man at any time since 1977 is banned for life from donating blood. Injection drug users (incl. steroid users) and commercial sex workers (prostitutes) can donate blood once they have abstained from those activities for at least a year.

I guess that makes 3 good reasons why you cant give blood....

You know you CAN lie... As long as you dont have HIV I dont see any reason why it would hurt to lie here.

Doh forgot to answer the question you asked BigLittleTim... As far as I know having high RBC count is only bad if you are experiencing lethargy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim View Post

-BigLittleTim

Note:
    a small increase in RBC can be beneficial for some athletes allowing more oxygen to be carried in the blood. However when it gets too high you feel dog tired all the time your legs feel heavy and you could not possibly train hard ect. If left untreated it can be very dangerous. I had it first on a cutting cycle about 2 years ago. I was so tired i could not even walk from my back yard into the house i had to stop halfway and rest. Since eating grapefruit i havent had any more probs and now i dont have to draw my own blood into a milk bottle (1 pint!)

xero is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sculpture View Post
    Flame me if you just can't help yourselves guys but what are we gonna learn from each other if we all imitate each other and use gear the same way all the time..
    You make a very good point here Sculpture and i agree with you.

We tend to be very hard on anyone that does not conform to the middle of the road type cycles, and a lot of the time it seems that the flamers are parrators.

We need to encourage people who are bold (or stupid) enough to get into fringe or unusual cycles to provide their feedback and experiences so as to increase the knowledge base, good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    You make a very good point here Sculpture and i agree with you.

We tend to be very hard on anyone that does not conform to the middle of the road type cycles, and a lot of the time it seems that the flamers are parrators.

We need to encourage people who are bold (or stupid) enough to get into fringe or unusual cycles to provide their feedback and experiences so as to increase the knowledge base, good or bad.
    Yes, I agree to push the envelope... BUT and a big BUT... steroids aren't some new thing... a lot of what people advise against has already been tried and experimented with... Just because it is new to you, don't fool yourself into doing something stupid if it has already been looked at from every angle and is not new to the steroid community.

Yes, I agree to push the envelope... BUT and a big BUT... steroids aren't some new thing... a lot of what people advise against has already been tried and experimented with... Just because it is new to you, don't fool yourself into doing something stupid if it has already been looked at from every angle and is not new to the steroid community.
    Well said. Most of the "rules of cycling" are based on what a lot of others have already tried and found to work the best. Just some people need to learn that somethings are not really a must but more of a precautionary. Like the test in every cycle rule it doesn't always hold up to be true that you would need it but its better to just go ahead and have it there cause the only way to know for sure how bad something is gonna suppress you is by trying it. Plus most guys just love test

xero is offline Associate Member
    Agree. Just to clear, i am not talking about supporting posts that ADVOCATE fringe cycles. The tried and tested cycles must be advocated.

I would just like to see a less hostile approach to those fringe cycle experimentors that come on here and share their experience as information.

...now i dont have to draw my own blood into a milk bottle (1 pint!)

PerfectBeast,

That's exactly how I feel after being on cycle for a couple of months. I'm exhausted and lethargic, which is frustrating when you think of how much gear you've got on board and how you should be working out your hardest.

Will try adding grapefruit to my diet.

I hate grapefruit.

-BigLittleTim

Quote Originally Posted by Dog-Slime View Post
    I guess that makes 3 good reasons why you cant give blood....

You know you CAN lie... As long as you dont have HIV I dont see any reason why it would hurt to lie here.
    I don't charge for sex. I give it away for free!

-BigLittleTim

it is not the same stuff that increases absorbtion. different enzyme. The studies were done with the fruit not the juice so i am unsure wether it would be ok to sub.
    What about using 100%rubyred to take with your orals?I want to inrease my rbc's on cycle.I run very low doses of test prop 200mg perweek with 50mgs anavar and 25 mgs provirin.This cycle is for strength and recovery not mass building.So increased rbc's for an athlete like myself is a positive.Do you think 4-6 ounces a day will inhibit my production or is not the same?Do you have the study? Sorry for the high jack but I think this is related to the orginal question.

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseAthlete View Post
    What about using 100%rubyred to take with your orals?I want to inrease my rbc's on cycle.I run very low doses of test prop 200mg perweek with 50mgs anavar and 25 mgs provirin.This cycle is for strength and recovery not mass building.So increased rbc's for an athlete like myself is a positive.Do you think 4-6 ounces a day will inhibit my production or is not the same?Do you have the study? Sorry for the high jack but I think this is related to the orginal question.
    Those doses would be unlikely to increase RBC. If they did according to the research they would be bought back to normal range in a couple of weeks following 1/2 grapefruit a day. I do not have the study or the time to find it. Tai might be able to help as he wrote some stuff on this himself.

old school BB is offline New Member
    Those doses would be unlikely to increase RBC. If they did according to the research they would be bought back to normal range in a couple of weeks following 1/2 grapefruit a day. I do not have the study or the time to find it. Tai might be able to help as he wrote some stuff on this himself.
    here is one link on the grapefruit study
    www (DOT) examiner (DOT COM) /article/the-risks-and-amazing-benefits-behind-eating-grapefruit

sorry you have to fix the dot and dot com. I wasn't allowed to enter an actual link

1/2 a grapefruit a day actually lowers OR raises RBC to normalize levels

Thread Information