Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 600@50

Thread: When to do 1st cycling...returning to the gym after long time off....

Nubster is offline New Member

When to do 1st cycling...returning to the gym after long time off....

I'm 39 years old so age isn't a factor. I lifted for about 8 years stopping about 8 years ago. I just started again beginning of the year and I'm seeing great results....muscle memory is an awesome thing. Anyways....in this scenario, how long should one wait before doing a very first cycle? I wouldn't even think about it until the gains I'm getting now stop or slow drastically...I'm researching and learning at this point...been a member for a while and mostly lurk trying to learn what I can...I don't recall ever seeing this question before so I figured I'd ask.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Injury should be your primary concern at your age and time out if the gym. While the muscle will come back rather quickly the tendons and ligaments will take much longer. Personally I wouldn't think of a cycle for at least a year of good heavy consistent training. That's my opinion and others may differ but at close to 40 injury prevention is of high importance.
    NACH3 likes this.

Nubster is offline New Member
    I hear ya....I was actually just telling my training partner today that I was thinking about dropping back in weight for a while to let my joints catch up. I'm definitely feeling it big time in my shoulders and elbows.

I was also diagnosed with low test so I just started clomid for a month and then I'll find out if that's working...if not...I'll probably end up with TRT so at least I'll get a boost in test one way or another until it's time for a real cycle. Not sure if boosting my levels from 300 to 1000+ will do much for anabolic gains...but I do look forward to at least feeling a little better. Anyways...thanks for your input...it definitely makes sense.
    Last edited by Nubster; 03-12-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Thread Information