RobbyBobby is offline New Member

Advantage of steroids or gh for injury recovery

Alright, so I was in a very serious motorcycle accident involving a car 5 months ago. Basically I was hit head on and to make a long story short I shattered the right side of my body and spent 2 months in a hospital bed and a month in a wheelchair before I started being able to walk again.
    Therapist is very adamant that I push as hard as I can to recover as much as possible in 15 months because this is when you are going to make the most recovery and after that progression slows. I was in terrific shape at the time which they said was wonderful and I have been making leaps and bounds in my recovery but I wondered if getting a little "extra boost" would benifit me. I enquired with my doctor and she said since I'm now 35 they could test to determine if my levels are getting low and then supplement as need be but it sounded kind of minimal. Asked my therapist about it and he was on the fence and said he would run it by some people but overall thought it wasn't a good idea.
    Some trainers at the gym swear by story's they have heard of a buddy of a buddy making crazy progress while on cycle.
    Just trying to get some second opinions if anybody has direct experience with something like this.
    The only time I used anibolics was when I was in my late 20's and had a reoccurring shoulder injury. Did a short stint of Var and I was good as new in a month. Problem which had plagued me for months disappeared and never returned so I still have that idea in my head that this could really aid me.
    Cheers.

mark woods is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBobby View Post
    Alright, so I was in a very serious motorcycle accident involving a car 5 months ago. Basically I was hit head on and to make a long story short I shattered the right side of my body and spent 2 months in a hospital bed and a month in a wheelchair before I started being able to walk again.
    Therapist is very adamant that I push as hard as I can to recover as much as possible in 15 months because this is when you are going to make the most recovery and after that progression slows. I was in terrific shape at the time which they said was wonderful and I have been making leaps and bounds in my recovery but I wondered if getting a little "extra boost" would benifit me. I enquired with my doctor and she said since I'm now 35 they could test to determine if my levels are getting low and then supplement as need be but it sounded kind of minimal. Asked my therapist about it and he was on the fence and said he would run it by some people but overall thought it wasn't a good idea.
    Some trainers at the gym swear by story's they have heard of a buddy of a buddy making crazy progress while on cycle.
    Just trying to get some second opinions if anybody has direct experience with something like this.
    The only time I used anibolics was when I was in my late 20's and had a reoccurring shoulder injury. Did a short stint of Var and I was good as new in a month. Problem which had plagued me for months disappeared and never returned so I still have that idea in my head that this could really aid me.
    Cheers.
    There's no doubt steriods and/or hgh will aid you in your recovery but there is alot to learn.i doubt you get prescribed trt unless your low but first thing I would do bloodwork....then ALOT OF RESEARCH,hope it works out for you.

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What are you wanting them to help recover? Steroids would help rebuild the muscles that could have atrophied as a result of being in a wheelchair. Gh is far superior in this department

IMO GH would most likely be your best option. You could also look into certain peptides.

Also check into this....Ozone Therapy Information

....another link.....Ozonated Water

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Both steroids and GH will help both muscles, tendons and ligaments and bone.
    IMO I should use both. But only use a modest dose of AAS.
    Ofcourse, there are a lot of caveats;
    The increase in strength and drive may push you too far to fast.
    If u don't know what your doing you might hurt yourself bad.

But yeah, no doubt they can help if used correctly, which also mean training/physiotherapy has to be done correctly.

I know first hand how quick a bone fracture can heal on steroids,
    so bone fractures will heal real easy on AAS.
    Tendons and joints I suspect will be best helped by GH, but some test to aid the GH should help as well.

But this is a complicated picture. You really need to know what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBobby View Post
    Cheers.
    I am definitely a proponent of AAS but I am really cautious about using them for recovery. With AAS your muscles get stronger WAY faster than your connecting tissues like ligaments and tendons. The imbalance between the two could cause more problems down the road. You could literally get strong enough to damage your connecting tissues when you're lifting. The HGH is wonderful at healing but you're still in your early 30's and it could slow down your natural production. The theory is that natural HGH production slows by 2%/year after 30. You're still producing a lot of natural HGH. By taking exogenous HGH, you could slow down your natural HGH production dramatically when you get off the exogenous HGH. My thought would be that you run a low dose Test only cycle for 12 weeks. You don't want to gain 25lbs of muscles, I don't think that would be the best recovery strategy. Have you read this post? Roman's TB-500 log...........

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Also, Hyperbaric Oxygen would be beneficial.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3382683/

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Also, Hyperbaric Oxygen would be beneficial.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3382683/
    I did some work with a doctor specializing in brain injury a while back. In one of the studies I read, women who did one hour of Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber treatment for two week after plastic surgery had a recovery time up to 90% faster then women who didn't. Yeah, it was unbelievable. When I was doing the research pro football teams were putting in a chamber in their training rooms. It makes sense, get more oxygen to the injured spot and it heals faster.

Quote Originally Posted by 01dragonslayer View Post
    IMO GH would most likely be your best option. You could also look into certain peptides.
    Well almost 3 years after the accident and another 2 more surgeries later. I’ve been left with quite a bit of nerve damage in my right leg and extensive scar tissue. Had compartment syndrome in my foot so it’s pretty much a ski boot. Decided to stay clear of the juice until i’d healed 100%.
    At this point I don’t have much to lose. Doctors say I’ve probably reached the limit of my recovery.
    TB-500 and BCP seem promising. Been doing a lot of reading and asking questions so i might go this route.
    Had one surgeon (off the record) recommend some test as well. Thought i’d update this post just for shits. Been a while maybe you guys have some new info.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm sorry you haven't made an ideal recovery man. The thing with steroids is that even if it helps with rebuilding muscle tissue, it won't help with nerve damage. It could possibly help with supporting muscle groups that aren't affected by the nerve damage. If you get your blood work done and you see that you are not in the ideal range, you could try to run a mild cycle and see if it helps any. Good luck brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I'm sorry you haven't made an ideal recovery man. The thing with steroids is that even if it helps with rebuilding muscle tissue, it won't help with nerve damage. It could possibly help with supporting muscle groups that aren't affected by the nerve damage. If you get your blood work done and you see that you are not in the ideal range, you could try to run a mild cycle and see if it helps any. Good luck brother!

I’ve read some studies showing HGH or peptides like TB500 can help repair damaged nerves and break down scar tissue.

Thread Information