Thread: ****ing Help Me

kevin25 is offline New Member

****ing Help Me

6'1/2"
    135 lbs
    19 years old late bloomer
    Eat myself sick on the regular and have been working out for around a year with no gains. I can't gain weight. Thinking about starting with anavar . I have been tested for many things so there's nothing wrong with me I'm just an insanely hard gainer. Any advice?

treant is offline Junior Member
    You aren't eating enough. The body isn't magic.. Well.. i guess it might be.. but any ways, if you eat enough to gain fat, you'll gain fat... nature wouldn't have you shitting out all those calories just to have you starve to death on a bad crop year... so eat more man..
    If you are already eating a huge amount then try more calorie dense foods.. I met a guy that claimed he was eating 6000 calories a day and couldnt gain weight.. i shoulda said "okay.. eat 10,000 a day then".

Also, I drink a protein shake every night before bed and then when i wake up to piss it out i drink another one... shit like that.. throw some peanut butter in there.. do a bunch of shit to try to add calories to everything.. drink a galon of whole fat milk a day.. lift lots of weights.. but man, make sure you are gaining muscle.. if you put on 40 pounds of fat you will have one hell of a time taking that weight off again.

So get your meals in every day, wash them down with big ass glasses of full milk.. make protein shakes with peanut butter, eat lots of snacks of like peanuts and trail mix and shit like that... and get protein shakes before bed and maybe even in the middle of the night..

what kind of diet do you presently have?
    Last edited by treant; 03-15-2015 at 10:06 PM.

I eat lots of protein (chicken, fish etc.) and carbs (rice, potatoes, etc.) and I lift 5 times a week and take a mass gainer with 55 grams of protein with 2 glasses of milks and creatine after every workout.

How are your poundages? Are you getting stronger?

Because at 6ft and 135 lbs I'd say your body is burning so much more energy than it gets that the muscles are just cannibalizing themselves before they can get bigger.

My weights have not really improved.

okay then you gotta get more food man.. try the stuff I mentioned up there... Get a gallon of whole milk per day if possible, drink like a protein shake between each meal with whole milk and some peanut butter and carry around some trail mix to munch on all the time..
    That should get your weight coming up and some muscle packing on.

Adding steroids now would probably (and ive never done them so this is just from common sense) not work... think of it like... if you dont have enough fuel to run a four cylinder engine, how are you going to run an 8 cylinder engine?

After benching and squating for a month neither really improved.

Yea im gonna start adding on an extra two shakes a day.

TonyThaTyga is offline New Member
    Yeah dude if you take in more energy/calories than you use(calculate your TDDE/RMR[energetic expenditure] somewhere) your body will store it somewhere and if the body feels its environment demands it to have more muscle, it will allocate calories to muscle out of fear for survival/of death. Protein builds muscle.

Its so, so so simple........ Keep increasing weight over time.... And consume more energy than you use over any/all units of time measurement.
    Last edited by TonyThaTyga; 03-15-2015 at 10:49 PM.

I see weekly increases in bench man.. like.. and im dieting down.. just eating a lot of protein though.. so yeah.. GET MORE CALORIES

chiponmyshoulder is offline New Member
    From experience I had the same issue. I Started at 155lb. I hired a nutritionist and wow what a shock 5500 calories a day and 800grams of carbs and I started to gain weight. Try that. I believe I was over eating on carbs but that's the extreme it took me. I felt exhausted all the time from work, working out, and eating so much. Point here is if your eating enough you WILL gain weight

How great are your increases?

Synhax is offline Associate Member
    need to eat way more calories, how much are u taking in every day?

aussie made is offline Associate Member
    Post up your diet that You eat every day. By looking at your stats your no way eating enough. You also need to give a break down of what you eat. How much protein carbs fats a day. Look into a app like my fitness pal to track your calories

okay.. im not very strong... but im getting better... about 3 weeks ago maybe a month ago i was incline benching with 35s on either side... but now i can bench with 45's and sometimes even throw a ten on there.. so quite a bit stronger.. naturally... while on a caloric deficit.

edit:

but YOU should be on a huge caloric surplus...

I eat full to the point of nausea and discomfort most meals and even got prescribed megace by my doctor to eat further past those points of discomfort. At that point I started gaining fat and still seeing no increase in my strength and muscle mass. I am eating generally healthy foods (fish, eggs, meat, etc. for my protein) (rice, potatoes, for my carbs) and throw in fruits or veggies with every meal. My parents tell me its just genetics but my dad is ripped haha.

I usually only take one 70g protein shake after I workout, but Im going to work up to three a day.

aussie made is offline Associate Member
    Do a break down of your food for us. Example 250g protein 500g carbs 100g fats. We cannot work out howmuch you really eat just by naming foods. If you only gaining fat. It means your not training either correctly. Or hard enough. Watch stuff on YouTube to get a training plan together. But to start off. Stick to the basics. Bench, squats and dead lifts. Then on days Inbetween. Do arms shoulders calves

human project is offline Knowledgeable Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin25
    A month.... Lol muscle takes time brother... Get a calorie counting app and start logging your food... Keep adding calories until your gaining... There's no way in hell you should start cycling... If you can't gain weight natural then you won't gain by just adding juice... Heavy compound lifts 3 times a week... 45 min workouts... If your working out too much or for too long then you could be inhibiting your gains bc your burning too many calories.... How many calories a day are you in taking??

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin25 View Post
    6'1/2"
    135 lbs
    19 years old late bloomer
    Eat myself sick on the regular and have been working out for around a year with no gains. I can't gain weight. Thinking about starting with anavar . I have been tested for many things so there's nothing wrong with me I'm just an insanely hard gainer. Any advice?
    Your not eating enough, your eating like a 135lb man!

Steroids at this stage wont help you because you will lose everything after you stop the cycle and probably end up in a worse positron afterwards than you are now. Learn how to eat to gain mass and also look at your training. Is your training productive enough, are you stimulating your muscles to grow, are they under the right kind of constant load?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin25 View Post
    OK we have all been there, a month when you are in your teens seems like forever but it's not. It takes YEARS to gain muscle. Anything you gain by using aas you will loose quicker than you gained it and risk a LOT of bad sides that could last a lifetime and training or gaining weight will be the last thing on your mind.

Easy math, if you want to weigh 180 lbs you have to eat like a 180lb person. Dont try to take it in all at once or until you feel sick. Eat 6 or 10 times day and it's not just about how much you eat, it's about what you eat and when you eat it.

You 100% need to check out our diet and nutrition center and read the sticky notes at top then write up a diet and ask for help critiquing it.

Marc114 is offline Junior Member
    You really need to figure out your calorie intake on a day to day basis. I can't tell you how many people have told me that they "eat like a horse but can't gain weight" only to find out that don't eat nearly as many calories as they thought they did. The easiest way to count your calories is by using a calorie counting app or website , I use myfitnesspal.com , works great. After you figure that out , you can start playing around with your macros and figure out what percentage's work for you. It'll take some time , but it's worth it. Remember , 70% of everything we do is here is based on diet. Once you figure out what your body responds to the best , it's actually pretty painless to gain and lose the weight.

boisebeast is offline Member
    Oh my god you are actually considering steroids and you obviously don't even have a clue about nutrition?? If you run a cycle as is, 2 things will happen: you will lose ALL of any gains you make as soon as you come off cycle and you can permanently damage your endocrine system! Doesn't sound like a big deal? I'm talking erectile dysfunction, stunting your growth, lethargy due to permanently lowered T levels, depression, and if none of those are doing it for you... Inability to make gains due to your destroyed endocrine system

coyotehunter is offline Junior Member
    I would not concider a cycle that young. Put in your time and become more advanced at lifting before you get into running gear. Not to mention that young can really get into problems with hpta shutdown. As stated track what you eat and post your macros. Get a food scale as well because you will find you grossly underestimate the actual amount of food you eat at one time.

One month seems long but it will take much more time. Beginner gains will take a few months and you will feel like you are plateuing but its just because your beginner gains were so fast. Keep pushing youself as hard as you can every lift and the change will happen

Get a measuring tape and every month or two track your measurements if you want extra encouragement. Its cool to keep track and see it change over time but again it isn't going to be a fast nor will it be a large about over time. Good luck

Thread Information