Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By evander87

Thread: First VERY intense cut starts thursday.

chris_columbia is offline Associate Member

First VERY intense cut starts thursday.

So I'm going to start cutting this thursday, this will be the hardest cut I've ever done and I'm going to try and get as lean as possible, to give you some insight on my body type, a couple years ago I weighed 250 lbs about 30% bodyfat, after eating at an outrageous deficit (1600-1800 cals a day) for 10 months I lost an astounding 75lbs and got down to 175 about 15% Bf.
    I'm 6ft 1 inch tall and I gain fat like crazy, it blows (endomorph problems) after I hit 175 I started liftING hardcore for a couple years, and gradually got up to 190 lbs 15%bf.

After my first cycle which was about 3 months ago I am now 220lbs 17%bf and am in need of some Help from you guys on how to extremely cut down.

My macros starting out for this cut are as follows
    165 grams carbs
    220 grams protein
    132 grams of fat
    total of 2,700 cals
    I was planning on switching to this split for 2 weeks and seeing how much weight droped and if the scale stayed the same lower by 200 calories and than account for that in my macros.

So can anyone give me Any help or advice on what would work best for us that hold onto fat quite easily, for example, the best cardio, best foods to eat to help, basically anything to give me the edge, I already know basically what I'm going to do but love coming here to seek advice from you guys. Thanks for reading cause I know it's alot, and thanks for any replies.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am a big fan of Carb cycling. I find that I have better workouts and am able to stay focused on the diet longer and less likely to cheat due to the refeed.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown
    I am a big fan of Carb cycling. I find that I have better workouts and am able to stay focused on the diet longer and less likely to cheat due to the refeed.
    I lean out like crazy when I carb cycle too. Build my lifting program around my med and high carb days. Cardio on low / no carb. Btw for me I don't do well on a no carb day. I might get very little but for me to function in need some. But I had to figure that out by doing no carb days. YMMV

Eat meticulous, train ridiculous for best results.
    rahulsingh265 likes this.

I was thinking of carb cycling after a month of my cut just so my body won't get use to it and I could use it as a secret weapon when weightloss halts from just the deficit. Would I be better of carb cycling from the beginning?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    I'd up your protein somewhere close to 270g.

Do you know your actual maintenance cals? That's the best way of knowing what your starting cals should be.

Also, I wouldn't cut right now. You must be on your last few days of pct so I'd recommend you let the dust settle, let your natural hormones fully balance and not start cutting til 4-6 weeks post pct end.
    Last edited by Back In Black; 03-17-2015 at 05:25 AM.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

human project is offline Knowledgeable Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_columbia
    So I'm going to start cutting this thursday, this will be the hardest cut I've ever done and I'm going to try and get as lean as possible, to give you some insight on my body type, a couple years ago I weighed 250 lbs about 30% bodyfat, after eating at an outrageous deficit (1600-1800 cals a day) for 10 months I lost an astounding 75lbs and got down to 175 about 15% Bf.
    I'm 6ft 1 inch tall and I gain fat like crazy, it blows (endomorph problems) after I hit 175 I started liftING hardcore for a couple years, and gradually got up to 190 lbs 15%bf.

After my first cycle which was about 3 months ago I am now 220lbs 17%bf and am in need of some Help from you guys on how to extremely cut down.

My macros starting out for this cut are as follows
    165 grams carbs
    220 grams protein
    132 grams of fat
    total of 2,700 cals
    I was planning on switching to this split for 2 weeks and seeing how much weight droped and if the scale stayed the same lower by 200 calories and than account for that in my macros.

So can anyone give me Any help or advice on what would work best for us that hold onto fat quite easily, for example, the best cardio, best foods to eat to help, basically anything to give me the edge, I already know basically what I'm going to do but love coming here to seek advice from you guys. Thanks for reading cause I know it's alot, and thanks for any replies.
    Fat too high protein way to low. 1.5g per lb of body weight no matter how hard your cutting man.... Make sure your doing an outrageous amount of cardio before you start doing drastic cuts to your caloric intake... In my opinion your cutting or bulking stack for that matter need to be a process where you gradually my changes every couple weeks so every time you hit wall you have something to change to break it down... If you start off balls to the wall then where do you go from there... I've found any change no matter how small will give some progress so take baby steps but never ever go top low on cals or your muscle will pay for it

Quote Originally Posted by human project View Post
    Fat too high protein way to low. 1.5g per lb of body weight no matter how hard your cutting man.... Make sure your doing an outrageous amount of cardio before you start doing drastic cuts to your caloric intake... In my opinion your cutting or bulking stack for that matter need to be a process where you gradually my changes every couple weeks so every time you hit wall you have something to change to break it down... If you start off balls to the wall then where do you go from there... I've found any change no matter how small will give some progress so take baby steps but never ever go top low on cals or your muscle will pay for it
    So do you think 1.5 grams per lb of bodyweight for protein, .5 gram per lb for fat and .75 grams for carbs would work?
    330 g pro
    165 g carbs
    110 g fat
    2,970 cals
    Tbat seems a little much to start a cut, I have an event coming up in 6 weeks and 4 days and I'm trying to cut as efficent as I can by than, is it posable to at least lose 3% bf in 6 weeks? If I start with that macro split.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    I'd up your protein somewhere close to 270g.

Do you know your actual maintenance cals? That's the best way of knowing what your starting cals should be.

Also, I wouldn't cut right now. You must be on your last few days of pct so I'd recommend you let the dust settle, let your natural hormones fully balance and not start cutting til 4-6 weeks post pct end.
    My maintenance cals for me, someone 6 ft 1 inch 220lbs like me, is about 3000-3200 cals

Quote Originally Posted by chris_columbia View Post
    My maintenance cals for me, someone 6 ft 1 inch 220lbs like me, is about 3000-3200 cals
    Is that a guesstimate?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Is that a guesstimate?
    It's calculated.

My basal metabolic rate is 2200 cals but my TDEE is 3000.

It's calculated.
    It's a guesstimate unless you have been eating at that level and shown no change in weight.

Seriously, this is the worst time to cut, I'd rather eat at a deficit during PCT than straight after it.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

[QUOTE=Back In Black;7019276]It's a guesstimate unless you have been eating at that level and shown no change in weight.

Seriously, this is the worst time to cut, I'd rather eat at a deficit during PCT than straight after it.

I have still been eating 4000 calories during my pct and I went from 228-230 to 220-222. I understand this is a bad time to cut and if I have to I'll take it slow but I really want to get off what I gained during cycle, I feel like shit cause I dirty bulked to hard and I hate having this extra bodyfat on me. I just want to reveal what I achieved during cycle, this stubborn fat is hiding it.

Also for my rep range after pct should I go with a 5x5 to maintain strength or a Pyramid of something like 15-12-12-10-8. I've always had good results with the pyramid but I want to get your guys opinions as well. If you have any other suggestions I will take them as well. I know I sound like a moron but I value your guys opinions more than everyone at my gym, and even though I FEEL like I know it all about diet and training I know it never hurts to get others opinions.

[QUOTE=chris_columbia;7019277]
    It's a guesstimate unless you have been eating at that level and shown no change in weight.

I have still been eating 4000 calories during my pct and I went from 228-230 to 220-222. I understand this is a bad time to cut and if I have to I'll take it slow but I really want to get off what I gained during cycle, I feel like shit cause I dirty bulked to hard and I hate having this extra bodyfat on me. I just want to reveal what I achieved during cycle, this stubborn fat is hiding it.
    Well, I think you'll lose part of what you gained on cycle if you cut now. Take is as a learning experience that you can't eat what you want on cycle and get away with it. The first cycle is way more than just learning about the compounds and minimising side effects.

Also for my rep range after pct should I go with a 5x5 to maintain strength or a Pyramid of something like 15-12-12-10-8. I've always had good results with the pyramid but I want to get your guys opinions as well. If you have any other suggestions I will take them as well. I know I sound like a moron but I value your guys opinions more than everyone at my gym, and even though I FEEL like I know it all about diet and training I know it never hurts to get others opinions.
    Whatever built your muscle will help retain it. Absolutely nothing wrong with incorporating a strength phase into your training though.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    Are you going to be doing test during this cut? sorry if I missed this.

I personally would lower the fats, up the cals and cardio.
    I would not lower the cals too fast, personally would start at just below maint. TDEE for you and then adjust as the progress slows/stops by taking 400-500 away.

What works best for me is cardio every day while keeping my cals up, but fats low. I aim for 40g fat or less a day while keeping protein 250-280g, the rest in carbs.
    On days that you resistance train do your cardio afterwards.
    I'm 30 so my target heart rate for all my cardio is 150bpm, figure out what the upper end of aerobic would be for you.

Everyone is different and finds things that work best for them, this is what works for me.

~my 2 cents
    avi is me, in this photo I hadn't touched any gear yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewZ View Post
    Are you going to be doing test during this cut? sorry if I missed this.

I personally would lower the fats, up the cals and cardio.
    I would not lower the cals too fast, personally would start at just below maint. TDEE for you and then adjust as the progress slows/stops by taking 400-500 away.

What works best for me is cardio every day while keeping my cals up, but fats low. I aim for 40g fat or less a day while keeping protein 250-280g, the rest in carbs.
    On days that you resistance train do your cardio afterwards.
    I'm 30 so my target heart rate for all my cardio is 150bpm, figure out what the upper end of aerobic would be for you.

Everyone is different and finds things that work best for them, this is what works for me.

~my 2 cents
    avi is me, in this photo I hadn't touched any gear yet.
    No test, this will be an all natty cut untill about july when i might cycle some prop by itself.
    really only 40g of fat per day? that seems really, really, low. So with your split youd be eating 400 grams of carbs a day at 3000 cals? Appreciate the replies and i will be taking alot of this information and adding it into my cut.

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    Oh okay without Test I would up the fat.
    Probably doing a 40/40/20 or a 50/30/20 P/C/F split, 400 below TDEE to start.

Cardio is key though, esp if you gain easy like me.
    I can't stay lean unless I keep the cardio up.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewZ View Post
    Oh okay without Test I would up the fat.
    Probably doing a 40/40/20 or a 50/30/20 P/C/F split, 400 below TDEE to start.

Cardio is key though, esp if you gain easy like me.
    I can't stay lean unless I keep the cardio up.
    Sounds good brother

Thread Information