Blac is offline New Member

First cycle, want to cut - questions - Var or var + test?

I'm planning on doing a cycle, it will be my first "real" cycle. I have done a couple of pretty strong PH cycles and have PCT'd. I understand the concept and I am in pretty good shape. Plenty of experience in the gym. biggest reason I haven't yet is the fear of needles, 100% serious...

I was planning on just doing a cycle of just var... but at this point said **** it, might as well try some test, have had so many people tell me how great it feels to be on it.

So my question, I'm really wanting to mainly keep my mass and cut a bit, ideally put on a little bit of size. I don't need to cut fast, but with summer coming up I'd like to be somewhat cut vs bulked as I am now (5'9 196).

From my understanding it really won't matter test e/test p for cutting, is that true? I read prop was better but in a couple threads on here there was some discussion that in the end it won't make any difference.

What would be a solid recommended dosage for 8 weeks? I was thinking 60-70mg/day for the var, obviously the test would vary depending on type.

Is it really necessary to run test w/ the var? Or would I be alright doing just the var? or would the gains be significantly better w/ the test base?

As far as PCT what would be a good recommendation? From my understanding a var only cycle wouldn't require as much compared to test + var?

Thanks in advance.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    What is your age and bodyfat %?

There's lots of reading here for you, provided your age and bodyfat are in range then test only. And fat loss is down to diet and cardio not type of compounds.

http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Glad to see you post at last
    Last edited by Back In Black; 03-19-2015 at 01:46 AM.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You should always run tes as the base for all cycles. Most guys use prop when running a shorter cycle and a long Esther for longer cycles. Your diet will dictate your outcome, not the Esther you choose. If you haven't pinned before I suggest running the Tes by itself and saving the var. You will get great results from tes alone whether you cut or bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    What is your age and bodyfat %?

There's lots of reading here for you, provided your age and bodyfat are in range then test only. And fat loss is down to diet and cardio not type of compounds.

Glad to see you post at last
    I'm 5'9 190 right now.

This was me after my last cut at about 172 or so

i.imgur. com/Kj5ouRN.jpg (fix url space)

Here is when I as 196

i.imgur. com/J2Jeo5f.jpg (fix url space)

I'm fluctuating between 188-192 right now.

I am 26 years old. Not quite sure on BF%. I wrestled in college, and have done bjj for quite a few years. I understand cutting.

Impreza is offline Junior Member
    Anavar alone I think you will not be happy with the results. And any real cycle must include test But you need wisely choose the ester test is test what make it different is the ester. I prefer you run some test bc var will shut you down so its pointless to not run test with it but if you really fear from needles stick with oral test or proviron at least

If you run test you will need decent pct plan but with var only nolva and clomid will do the job you decide

And if you dont have much experince in injections you need to learn more 3 days ago I had bad infection bc I didnt swab the injection site. Do enough search before you involve in injections

Goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by Impreza View Post
    Anavar alone I think you will not be happy with the results. And any real cycle must include test But you need wisely choose the ester test is test what make it different is the ester. I prefer you run some test bc var will shut you down so its pointless to not run test with it but if you really fear from needles stick with oral test or proviron at least

If you run test you will need decent pct plan but with var only nolva and clomid will do the job you decide

And if you dont have much experince in injections you need to learn more 3 days ago I had bad infection bc I didnt swab the injection site. Do enough search before you involve in injections

Goodluck
    I definitely understand the var shutting you down, and test keeping your levels normal w/ the var.

With var + test prop, what would you suggest for PCT? Nolva + Clomid isn't enough. Suggesting an AI as well?

Little concerned about the injection, but I do have a close family member who is a nurse. I don't think she'll want to do it, but I think proposed with the idea of me doing it instead she will side with the idea that its probably better for her to do it then me regardless of her views.
    Last edited by Blac; 03-19-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Your questions are all answered in the link black in back posted

Impreza is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blac View Post
    I definitely understand the var shutting you down, and test keeping your levels normal w/ the var.

With var + test prop, what would you suggest for PCT? Nolva + Clomid isn't enough. Suggesting an AI as well?

Little concerned about the injection, but I do have a close family member who is a nurse. I don't think she'll want to do it, but I think proposed with the idea of me doing it instead she will side with the idea that its probably better for her to do it then me regardless of her views.
    AI should used only on cycle not for pct in some cases when pct fail you may use Ai based on blood work only.

if you will run test you need to use hcg during the cycle and there's myth about you should run hcg in the pct but thats personal preference I think

Var and test. You need hcg during cycle and clomid and nolva for pct.

If Var only I beilive nolva and clomid will do the job. But again its not worth it to shut down yourself for var only I think it's better for you to wait until you plan very well for your cycle I dont see any value to been shutdown for var however it's your choise

Thread Information