Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog

Thread: Test dosage and htpa recovery

Test dosage and htpa recovery

Lets say you take test-e for 6 weeks 500mg, do you (HTPA) recover faster than if you took test-e for 6 weeks but 2G? Or it will be the same regardless of dosage?

pitweiler is offline Member
    Running test E for 6 weeks is stupid. Pretty much when it would be kicking in. You'd be doing a PCT and would be a waste. There's no way of really knowing. Just that your HPTA is done maturing around 25.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    BW is the only way of really knowing... But I will say one has a better shot at recovering from a 6-8 wk cycle then they do w/a longer standard 12 wk cycle(but if you were to run a short cycle, it'd be in your best interest to run a shorter ester(test propionate /acetate/etc)...

Unless your doing a "short burst cycling(which is only a very advanced protocol) for seasoned users(or pro's etc)! DO NOT TRY THIS IF YOU ARE A MODERATE USER(mostly the likes except for advanced competitors and such)!

I m talking about dosage with respect to being shutdown. You take it for same amount of the other one but the dosages are 500mg and 3G or more

Does it change the time it takes for HTPA to recover? Has there been a study or any one have experience on this?

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    BW is the only way of really knowing... But I will say one has a better shot at recovering from a 6-8 wk cycle then they do w/a longer standard 12 wk cycle(but if you were to run a short cycle, it'd be in your best interest to run a shorter
    Ya that i agree, but what if both cycles are same time, same compounds, one has 3-4 times the dosage. Does that make a difference in HTPA recover? I know it does make a difference in sideeffects

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EquilibriumZ View Post
    I m talking about dosage with respect to being shutdown. You take it for same amount of the other one but the dosages are 500mg and 3G or more

Does it change the time it takes for HTPA to recover? Has there been a study or any one have experience
    on this?
    I know! Yes you'll be shut down just hard on 6 wks than whatever length your thinking(say 12 wks it longer)... But like I said its always a better chance that you'll recover faster w/ shorter cycles(hence their popularity now a days)...

I can't link you to a study(on mobile and don't know how lol) but there's been threads on it here(Sbd if I'm not mistaken a sticky saying the same)...

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Ya that i agree, but what if both cycles are same time, same compounds, one has 3-4 times the dosage. Does that make a difference in HTPA recover? I know it does make a difference in sideeffects

I was writing the same time you were...

In Marcus' stickie on Short burst cycling, it touches on that a tad... I would still think(that a 30 day cycle - short burst) you would actually still have a better shot/or just as the same w/short burst than w/reg dosing... B/c your only shut down for 3-4 wks as opposed to 12+... Does that make more sense and help answer your ?...

I was writing the same time you were... In Marcus' stickie on Short burst cycling, it touches on that a tad... I would still think(that a 30 day cycle - short burst) you would actually still have a better shot/or just as the same w/short burst than w/reg dosing... B/c your only shut down for 3-4 wks as opposed to 12+... Does that make more sense and help answer your ?...
    Ahh no! Still doesnt. Ya i know that thread and i agree with it 100%!!!
    But my question is, there are 2 cycles:
    1. 8 week cycle test e, 500mg
    2. 8 week cycle test e, 3000 mg

Who recovers faster? Or they both recover the same??

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    If their their the same length and one has triple + dosages than the other... Then yes it would have a great effect on recovery....

You always have a better shot w/a smaller dose but one could recover just as good as one taking 500mgs, if all precautions were taken & done as safely as possible(but BW is still the only REAL way of knowing)...

Just saw the difference lol

If their their the same length and one has triple + dosages than the other... Then yes it would have a great effect on recovery.... You always have a better shot w/a smaller dose but one could recover just as good as one taking 500mgs, if all precautions were taken & done as safely as possible(but BW is still the only REAL way of knowing)... Just saw the difference lol
    Yes!!! Finally this is the question i was talking about

But howcome? Isnt your body shutdown with super low test anyway? what's the science behind this particular situation?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Yes!!! Finally this is the question i was talking about

But howcome? Isnt your body shutdown with super low test anyway? what's the science behind this particular situation?
    Sure shut down is shut down... It'll definitely vary between individual's(as you know this)... But abytime you triple a dose from 500 to 1500mgs the Aromatase will be much higher and if one doesn't do they're BW they'll bever really know for sure...

Can it be done effectively.... Absolutely! Look at all the pro's in BBing some use decent amounts... Some use ridiculous amounts... So if running a really high supra physiological dose than it's much safer to run it for a shorter time...

I don't have any studies atm but maybe a vet will chime in...

Sure shut down is shut down... It'll definitely vary between individual's(as you know this)... But abytime you triple a dose from 500 to 1500mgs the Aromatase will be much higher and if one doesn't do they're BW they'll bever really know for sure... Can it be done effectively.... Absolutely! Look at all the pro's in BBing some use decent amounts... Some use ridiculous amounts... So if running a really high supra physiological dose than it's much safer to run it for a shorter time... I don't have any studies atm but maybe a vet will chime in...
    Ya the aromatise will be much higher but you can control that with ai and more nolva in pct so estrogen will be most likely in control, anything else that might cause the longer shutdown?

Ya hopefully vet will step in, this is a very technical questions

Still not convinced why larger dosage will cause longer shutdown compared to lower one yet

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    It won't necessarily cause longer shut down, but harder(as shut down is still shut down)! Longer to recover maybe! All depends from oerson to person...

And yes it abdolutely can work... It does all the time... Like you said if your AI. Is dialed in and all precautions are taken then your likelihood of recovering is pretty much just as good! I'm tryin to follow... But BW is the only real way of knowing! Hence it's importance(pre/mid/post PCT like 8 wks after)...
    Last edited by NACH3; 03-21-2015 at 06:48 PM.

It won't cause longer shut down! Longer to recover maybe! All depends from oerson to person... And yes it abdolutely can work... It does all the time... Like you said if your AI. Is dialed in and all precautions are taken then your likelihood of recovering is pretty much just as good! I'm tryin to follow... But BW is the only real way of knowing! Hence it's importance(pre/mid/post PCT like 8 wks after)...
    Ok so if it doesnt cause longer shutdown then the recovery chance is gonna be the same between doses, unless there is another variable for recovery besides being shutdown!

And ya ofc bw all the time! Best study one can do is knowing your body through bw

Quote Originally Posted by EquilibriumZ
    Ok so if it doesnt cause longer shutdown then the recovery chance is gonna be the same between doses, unless there is another variable for recovery besides being shutdown! And ya ofc bw all the time! Best study one can do is knowing your body through bw
    Wait why harder shutdown scientifically? Length of shutdown i same, we agreed to that.

By scientifically i mean go in detail like LH, free test and etc

Lets say you take test-e for 6 weeks 500mg, do you (HTPA) recover faster than if you took test-e for 6 weeks but 2G? Or it will be the same regardless of dosage?
    If you took 2gs of test e you should start PCT 2 weeks longer after the cycle ends than if you took 500mgs of test e.
    This is due to the half live being about 7 days and you taking 4 times as much.
    Basically you don't start PCT until most of the compound is out of your system.
    Now how long that takes depends on the half life AND how much of the compound you are taking.

The recommended PCT therapy start time of two weeks after last injection only works for moderate dosed cycles.
    A YOLO sized cycle would need need a longer break before PCT starts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog
    If you took 2gs of test e you should start PCT 2 weeks longer after the cycle ends than if you took 500mgs of test e. This is due to the half live being about 7 days and you taking 4 times as much. Basically you don't start PCT until most of the compound is out of your system. Now how long that takes depends on the half life AND how much of the compound you are taking. The recommended PCT therapy start time of two weeks after last injection only works for moderate dosed cycles. A YOLO sized cycle would need need a longer break before PCT starts.
    you are taking 4 times but doesnt it all go away in 14 days since halflife is 7 anyway?

I mean i dont really see why the taking more will increase the halflife.

If you have 2L milk, half life is 7 days and another 250ml milk and half life is 7, they both go bad same time
    Last edited by EquilibriumZ; 03-21-2015 at 07:13 PM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Wait why harder shutdown scientifically? Length of shutdown i same, we agreed to that.
    you know the more I think about this the more confused I'm getting lol

In theory yes we're agreeing on the length part... Harder I don't think so as I stated shut down is shut down... But it could lead to a more difficult recovery!

Also, in any cycle(your shutting down endogenous test production) your HPTA/& testes take a a nose dive... It's inevitable, we all know this... So in theory if all precautions are taken(AI/hCG /correct PCT protocol) there's a good shot at recovery! That said doing this over long periods of time could/will catch up to you... Hence why BW is the key to knowing your answer!

you are taking 4 times but doesnt it all go away in 14 days since halflife is 7 anyway? I mean i dont really see why the taking more will increase the halflife. If you have 2L milk, half life is 7 days and another 250ml milk and half life is 7, they both go bad same time
    Doesn't work like that.
    If you have 2L of milk and half life is 7 days...
    In 1 week you have 1L
    In 2 weeks you have .5L
    In 3 weeks you have .25L
    In 4 weeks you have .125L

After every half life, half of what's in your system disappears.
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog
    Doesn't work like that. If you have 2L of milk and half life is 7 days... In 1 week you have 1L In 2 weeks you have .5L In 3 weeks you have .25L In 4 weeks you have .125L After every half life, half of what's in your system disappears.
    Oh ya now that reminds me my chemistry!! Thanks

you know the more I think about this the more confused I'm getting lol In theory yes we're agreeing on the length part... Harder I don't think so as I stated shut down is shut down... But it could lead to a more difficult recovery! Also, in any cycle(your shutting down endogenous test production) your HPTA/& testes take a a nose dive... It's inevitable, we all know this... So in theory if all precautions are taken(AI/hCG/correct PCT protocol) there's a good shot at recovery! That said doing this over long periods of time could/will catch up to you... Hence why BW is the key to knowing your answer!
    Look at what the deadliftdog is saying ^^^^ this means the length part is not the same anymore. So if the length is not the same then simply larger dose will cause longer shutdown fkn bs .

But then in that case the short burst cycle that marcus is taking about, the starting pct must be adjusted correct?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Look at what the deadliftdog is saying ^^^^ this means the length part is not the same anymore. So if the length is not the same then simply larger dose will cause longer shutdown fkn bs .

But then in that case the short burst cycle that marcus is taking about, the starting pct must be adjusted correct?
    I saw... He did a better job reading between the lines than I did!

Yes depending on ester and half life of compound it will affect starting PCT time... The clearing time as DLD stated has a great effect on timing
    Last edited by NACH3; 03-21-2015 at 07:56 PM.

I saw... He did a better job reading between the lines than I did! Yes depending on ester and half life of compound it will affect starting PCT time... The clearing time as DLD stated has a great effect on timing
    Not just depending on ester and halflife, but also dosage since it accumulates! I like this forum, learning something new all the time

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Not just depending on ester and halflife, but also dosage since it accumulates! I like this forum, learning something new all the time
    Yes correct(I figured you'd know that part, since it was your ? ) haha

Right! I love this place... I learn something new daily... It's great! Good ? Too! Made a good convo!

Thread Information