Renomoo9499 is offline New Member

40 year old ex-athlete who has hit bottom & reached 300 lbs on scale lookin for help?

I am a 40 year old father of 4 & have finally hit rock bottom and tipped the scale at 300 lbs. I have made up my mind and am gonna get back on the weights hard and wanna cycle but wanna do it right! I used to lift religiously but when the kids came I let it slide and now I am 300 lbs. I wanna know what cycle would be best to do to get big fast for my wife who deserves better and my kids. I am gonna do it anyway so I just need the help to do it right! I am tired of the comments from family members and even strangers about my weight and gonna do something about it. Please help me find out what I need so I can do it right?

212OlympiaBound is offline Associate Member
    you wanna "get big"?? It sounds like you are big enough already.

It is recommended to cut down to 8-10% bodyfat naturally before starting steroids . Being fat generally causes major side effects, and fat loss is all in diet and cardio anyways. Steroids won't help you at all where you're at.

BB King is offline New Member
    Tons in the forum on diet and exercise, scroll down a bit on the forum home page to find it.

Create a plan and stick to it.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your need to find your motivation and get moving, even if it's just walking every day to loose weight. Start out slow because if you jump in to fast you will either burn out or get hurt.

Start reading the sticky notes in the diet section and then start asking questions.
    DIET AND NUTRITION

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    There is no easy way, go paleo diet and start slow on the exercise until you build up.I reccomend cardio . weights only once a week until you find you have improved recovery to handle a weights programme.
    Go see a Dr, at your age you could have low t, its worth finding out. Don't rush it, you will only burn out and give up.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Renomoo9499 View Post
    I am a 40 year old father of 4 & have finally hit rock bottom and tipped the scale at 300 lbs. I have made up my mind and am gonna get back on the weights hard and wanna cycle but wanna do it right! I used to lift religiously but when the kids came I let it slide and now I am 300 lbs. I wanna know what cycle would be best to do to get big fast for my wife who deserves better and my kids. I am gonna do it anyway so I just need the help to do it right! I am tired of the comments from family members and even strangers about my weight and gonna do something about it. Please help me find out what I need so I can do it right?
    The advice regarding checking in with your primary care Dr. and evaluating your diet is correct. A cyce isn't your answer.
    Also, we have an over 40 forum you may like to read for motivation/support.

OVER 40 FORUM

Don't get discouraged. This change didn't happen overnight and can't be reversed overnight. Keep in mind that age isn't a limitation. There are several of us here that are over 50.

Best of luck!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    Go see a Dr, at your age you could have low t, its worth finding out. Don't rush it, you will only burn out and give up.
    I recently have seen Dr and my T is low, very low. He put me on Androgel , the kind that you rub on once daily to try and increase it. Also thank you from everyone for your advice. I guess from what all of you say I need to loose some major weight to begin with. How much should I loose before I start because I know you have to have some weight to transform to mass at least that's what I was always told?

Good luck with the androgel . Most people if it works at all it's only for a short time and then they try patches and pellets and eventually go to injection.

Again, join the HRT section.

Have you ever heard of anyone making gains using Androgel ?

Quote Originally Posted by Renomoo9499 View Post
    Have you ever heard of anyone making gains using Androgel?
    Ive heard a lot of people who want to but no, and yes. Yes only if you have low T and use androgel to get your T levels back up to normal (if it works) and then yes they make gains compared to before. If you are using it to try to increase your test above normal levels, No. You wont get close to cycle levels even with 6, 8 or 10 packs a day. You will only get sticky.

I know it's tempting and you would think logically it would make sense but androgel just does not work that way. The more you use the less percentage is absorbed dramatically. I still have a couple boxes at home. lol

Marc114 is offline Junior Member
    I was you 5 years ago. When I hit 40 I was a 325lb mess. I decided I had enough and wanted to change. It was not easy or quick but it did happen. Don't worry about gear or even heavy weight right now, get your diet in check and cardio , cardio , cardio. I went from 325lb to 190lb in two years with the right diet and cardio/ conditioning. Best advice , start slow, make small changes in your diet , but be consistent and keep moving forward. It will take time. You didn't gain all that weight over night, so your not going to take it off overnight, be patient and work hard, it will happen. After hitting 190lb ,I decided I didn't like being skinny and started to lift , for the first time in my life. Now sitting at 215 lbs and in the best shape of my life. We are never to old to start these things.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to hate cardio, but I thought it meant you had to get on a treadmill and run like hell. I found that getting on an elliptical and simply walking for an hour each morning started to shed pounds off me. If you combine this with changing your diet some it can do wonders. Also, even though what the doctor gave you may not have the power of steroids you were hoping for, just raising your test levels can give you some additional energy and motivation to reach your goals. You do not have to start out by killing yourself on a treadmill. If you start slow you will realize it is not that hard and it will allow you to build up your time without burning out too soon. Good luck and we are all here to offer help and advice!

Thread Information