boisebeast is offline Member

Bloodwork: Low T, should I use Test?

Got bloodwork done for a physical two days ago, I asked for a testosterone test just out of curiosity. First test came back putting me on the low end of the spectrum and it was a concern for my doctor so he asked me to do bloodwork again today at 8am (when test peaks) to see if that was any better. There was an improvement, but the numbers were still low. For total test, bloodwork 1 showed my levels at about 400, for bloodwork 2, my test levels were about 550. My free test was especially low in both according to the doc. The specific values from both bloodwork results are attached below.

The doctor is on the fence about putting me on TRT. I'm wondering if I may as well hop on as I've been considering gear for a while (but was planning on waiting another few years, though this is somewhat affecting my opinion)

Stats:

Height 5'11"
    Weight: 182 lbs
    BF: 10-11%
    Training time: coming up on 4 years of strict bodybuilding training

I very much respect the opinions of the people on this board so I'm curious what you all think. My mind is not at all set on what to do at this time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3759478060.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	156097

Name:	image-3686474716.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	156098

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Pls post this in the TRT section for the best help and advice.

Hormone Replacement Therapy - Low Testosterone Treatment, Anti-Aging

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Too soon to start TRT.

First you need to find out why it was low. There is an array of medical conditions that can lead to hipogonadism, from your post your doctor checked for none....

Is there the LH and FSH values in the bloodwork?

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Yes way too soon for TRT BB. Unless he really needs it but the guys in the trt section will advise him what tests ect he will need. Kel is our online endo real endo.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Why not move the thread then??

Seems redudant to post twice the same

I posted this here because I wasn't sure if the HRT section is very active, but I'll give it a shot.

And to the guy who asked what else was tested in my bloodwork, here is everything I got from the first blood panel (excluding the testosterone test I posted, the second bloodwork was exclusively for testosterone and I posted that one as well)

Name:	image-4188353074.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	156100

Name:	image-2077065553.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	156101

I would be curious to know your T3, T4, TSH levels. Everything seems to in the "normal" range. How do you feel? Do you lack energy? Hard time concentrating? Do you have belly fat? Does your skin look peaked? Loss of libido? If you don't have any of these symptoms it may not be terrible even if your Test was low. I'm not keen on going on TRT if people feel fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02
    I would be curious to know your T3, T4, TSH levels. Everything seems to in the "normal" range. How do you feel? Do you lack energy? Hard time concentrating? Do you have belly fat? Does your skin look peaked? Loss of libido? If you don't have any of these symptoms it may not be terrible even if your Test was low. I'm not keen on going on TRT if people feel fine.
    I definitely have a hard time focusing for very long, is that really an effect of low T? I've never heard of that before. I also absolutely lack energy, but I'm not sure how much of that is due to poor sleep patterns and high stress (I'm an engineering student at college). Not sure what you mean on the skin one. My libido is through the roof so no issues there.

I'd really like to hear some more replies from the board and I sincerely appreciate each one

Thread Information