Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Simon1972
  • 2 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: Is 400mg Testosterone Cyp every week a high dose?

Hyperion is offline New Member

Is 400mg Testosterone Cyp every week a high dose?

Greetings.

My doctor legitimately wrote me a prescription for:

400mg Testosterone Cypionate , IM, once weekly.

I really don't know much about testosterone or how high a dose this is. Thought I would ask for advice.

If this is a reasonable dose, how could I use it to my advantage in the gym? Should I expect to see good gains at this level? Thank you in advance for the advice.

If it would help, I can take a picture of the prescription I am holding in my hand right now with my name and sensitive info blacked out?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Whats the reason he prescribed it?

Whats is your age and stats?

I have struggled with fatigue, depression, and other issues. My testosterone came back at 400 on a blood test. Although this wasn't technically out of the range, it was still low. I am 25.

He gave me a sample prescription to try for a few weeks, and it has been very successful. I no longer have any of the issues of fatigue and depression which I have been facing for years. Started with a loading dose of 800mg the first week with 400mg every week thereafter for the last three weeks. Have been going to the gym as often as possible, (once every other day). Have also taken protein, pre-workout supplements, creatine, etc.

I have some familiarity with weightlifting, but never with testosterone. It sure has made a difference in me, though. The doctor was correct in prescribing it to solve the issues I have struggled with.

Thank you, also, for your help.

testluva is offline Associate Member
    Typical HRT dosage is 200mg every week. At 400mg it will take you way past the top of the chart is 1100. I say go for it and enjoy. Yes it will crank you up in the gym at the thee week mark. Everybody responds different so see how you do and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by testluva View Post
    Typical HRT dosage is 200mg every week. At 400mg it will take you way past the top of the chart is 1100. I say go for it and enjoy. Yes it will crank you up in the gym at the thee week mark. Everybody responds different so see how you do and enjoy.

I see. Thank you.

Should I be worried about side effects? I notice my temper is shorter, yet my confidence is off the charts.

I am already taking finasteride to prevent genetic hairloss. I currently still have all of my hair, but was given it as a precaution.

Would an anti-estrogen be necessary as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    I have struggled with fatigue, depression, and other issues. My testosterone came back at 400 on a blood test. Although this wasn't technically out of the range, it was still low. I am 25.

He gave me a sample prescription to try for a few weeks, and it has been very successful. I no longer have any of the issues of fatigue and depression which I have been facing for years. Started with a loading dose of 800mg the first week with 400mg every week thereafter for the last three weeks. Have been going to the gym as often as possible, (once every other day). Have also taken protein, pre-workout supplements, creatine, etc.

I have some familiarity with weightlifting, but never with testosterone. It sure has made a difference in me, though. The doctor was correct in prescribing it to solve the issues I have struggled with.

Thank you, also, for your help.
    So basically your doctor prescribed you a bodybuilding cycle.

400mgs pharma testosterone is more than double TRT patients ussually receive. IF this is true your doctor is reckless and can lose its license for prescribing steroids .
    Regarding your low T you need to find out why your T was low, there can be many reasons for this to happen and simply taking testosterone will only mask it. He didnt even established if the hypogonadism is primary or secundary ffs.

Just go to another doctor thats my advice. If you are to continue with this bodybuilding cycle (which you are not prepared for) you need to consider an AI and HCG , and dont do it for more than 12 weeks, you will need PCT afterwards.

400mgs pharma test can mess you up if you dont know what you are doing.

I am already taking finasteride to prevent genetic hairloss. I currently still have all of my hair, but was given it as a precaution.

Would an anti-estrogen be necessary as well?
    LOL finasteride can very easily be the culprit for your low t... Did your nice "doctor" also prescribed it??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    So basically your doctor prescribed you a bodybuilding cycle.

400mgs pharma testosterone is more than double TRT patients ussually receive. IF this is true your doctor is reckless and can lose its license for prescribing steroids .
    Regarding your low T you need to find out why your T was low, there can be many reasons for this to happen and simply taking testosterone will only mask it. He didnt even established if the hypogonadism is primary or secundary ffs.

Just go to another doctor thats my advice. If you are to continue with this bodybuilding cycle (which you are not prepared for) you need to consider an AI and HCG , and dont do it for more than 12 weeks, you will need PCT afterwards.

400mgs pharma test can mess you up if you dont know what you are doing.
    Hmmm. Thank you for the input.

I will see about maybe reducing the dose.

You said I should be taking an anti-estrogen and HCG. Would I be taking these concurrently with the testosterone?

You said I should be taking an anti-estrogen and HCG. Would I be taking these concurrently with the testosterone?
    Yes, you should take AI and HCG .

Puzzles me how you dont prefer to find out WHY you had low test in the 1st place. Do you know it can even be cancer?? (very uncommon but it can...)

itsjayman02 is offline Member

You are now guessing!!

Change your doctor and start again because you are basically running a cycle and you will have the same issues when you come off.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    cmon guys obvious troll, he is injecting UGL and made up the story of a dr prescribed 400mg dose in order to avoid the possible flaming we dish out when a 25 year old without experience starts a cycle.

this is a cycle help thread- nice try Hyperion!!
    lovbyts and NACH3 like this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by testluva View Post
    200 is actually considered high even for TRT, more 150 - 200

If your test was 400 your doctor is not doing a good job of finding out what is wrong. That may be a little low for your age but there are better ways to bring it up and firstly find out why it's low. By jumping strait to TRT he is shutting down your natural test production and putting you further at risk. it's not a short term or long term fix. You MAY feel better but only for a while.

I hope this is not BS and you are trolling as suggested. If that is the case then you are going about it all wrong but either way you are going to do more damage than good.
    Simon1972 and NACH3 like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    cmon guys obvious troll, he is injecting UGL and made up the story of a dr prescribed 400mg dose in order to avoid the possible flaming we dish out when a 25 year old without experience starts a cycle.

400mgs a wk(on TRT)??

And by you asking about an anti E/HCG Etc tells us you most likely are full of .......! We see this kinda stuff daily, so if you are trollin you are defo goin about this all wrong way(you should just be honest...
    Simon1972 likes this.

E5Charlie is offline Junior Member
    Is 400 mg a week injections or transdermal?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post

Wrong. Want me to post a pic of that prescription?

Quote Originally Posted by E5Charlie View Post
    Is 400 mg a week injections or transdermal?
    IM is what I have been prescribed.

Image won't link from my iphone, but apparently as soon as I get to 25 posts I would be happy to post that prescription with sensitive info covered.

I legitimately have not used testosterone before, and I have been doing some research on the internet about it's side-effects. I am not some retarded troll. Instead of diving head first into a potentially dangerous drug, I thought I would politely ask people what to do first.

http : //i.imgur. com/pqZZumX .jpg

Take out the spaces for the prescription image link.

Then do what everyone here suggested

And from what you guys have commented so far, it looks like I've been given far too much of this stuff without the proper procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by EquilibriumZ View Post
    Then do what everyone here suggested
    Yep.

I will work on this. If I do take TRT, it will be safely. Thank you for the advice.

No, everyone is saying you need to figure out why you have low test through bloodwork. Trt must be last option, not first

Thread Information