Chill1990 is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries

Steroids and Roaccutane (Accutane)

Do you think it is ok to use roaccutane doring a cycle if acne start showing , will it interfere with the performance of the cycle and above all it is safe to use with steroids ?

fitnesstrainer is offline Associate Member
    Don't think it will interfere with the steroids but from what I have heArd it's pretty liver toxic. Not 100% on that but hopefully a vet replies

Blog Entries
    it is liver toxic , a liver protect its a must

thephoenix25 is offline Associate Member
    I've been using Accutane throughout my cycle at 20mg E4D = 5mg per day and its worked really well at keeping the acne away. At these doses it is not very harmful to your liver when you consider a dermatologist can prescribe up to 80mg per day, thats 16 time the amount I'm using. You should always have something like NAC to protect your liver on cycle but I don't make any further adjustment to my protocol to account for the accutane. Whilst I have read that accutane can cause a small reduction natural testosterone , I feel it is insignificant compared with the benefits from it. I will use it from now on in every cycle.

Blog Entries
    Thx for the replay , much help .i want to use it doring my cycle , i hope i want need it. Thx again for the info

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill1990 View Post
    Do you think it is ok to use roaccutane doring a cycle if acne start showing , will it interfere with the performance of the cycle and above all it is safe to use with steroids ?
    I would ALWAYS avoid ACCUTANE in most cases. I would only use it as a last ditch effort.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    I would ALWAYS avoid ACCUTANE in most cases. I would only use it as a last ditch effort.
    Why ?

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    Accutane rocks!!!

10mg ED until acne clears and 10mg EOD to maintain while on cycle.

At those dose youll see no sides and you arent supose to see any change in liver enzyme as long as you avoid alcohol...

Great drugs! Highly recommend it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qscgugcsq View Post
    Accutane rocks!!!

10mg ED until acne clears and 10mg EOD to maintain while on cycle.

At those dose youll see no sides and you arent supose to see any change in liver enzyme as long as you avoid alcohol...

Great drugs! Highly recommend it.
    Exactly , at low dose the risk is minimal. Thx for replay

fitnesstrainer is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thephoenix25
    I've been using Accutane throughout my cycle at 20mg E4D = 5mg per day and its worked really well at keeping the acne away. At these doses it is not very harmful to your liver when you consider a dermatologist can prescribe up to 80mg per day, thats 16 time the amount I'm using. You should always have something like NAC to protect your liver on cycle but I don't make any further adjustment to my protocol to account for the accutane. Whilst I have read that accutane can cause a small reduction natural testosterone, I feel it is insignificant compared with the benefits from it. I will use it from now on in every cycle.
    Don't think NAC protects the liver. TUDCA does.

Quote Originally Posted by fitnesstrainer View Post
    Don't think NAC protects the liver. TUDCA does.
    I'm no expert but I got my information from Austinite's thread :

My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle

At the end of section 6

Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    Finally, I recommend that you protect your liver. Yes, even on injectable cycles. For that I recommend 600 mg of N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) daily.

NAC do helps a bit but liver toxicity is way exagerated...

For someone that never drinks alcohol and who has no liver issue prior using gear should have no issue whatsoever...

Even 150mg anadrol a day shouldnt put him over normal range...

And injectable arent toxic enough to even worry about... my liver enzyme decreased since I increased my testosterone doses...

Some people will experience high liver enzyme easier than others... but as long as there is no alcohol in the mix and no abuse on orals you are g2g.

Liver protection are a waste of money...

Cannot hurt... but dont help in a significant way...

I insist on the no alcohol part... if you drink on roids you can expect your liver enzyme to skyrock... now nac/tudca can greatly help...

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Accutane has a toxic effect on your kidneys as well. There are other treatments that are just as effective and less toxic to your body. Ask your doctor for a combination of oral doxycyclene and topical cleocin. Or topical retin-A .5%

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    Accutane has a toxic effect on your kidneys as well. There are other treatments that are just as effective and less toxic to your body. Ask your doctor for a combination of oral doxycyclene and topical cleocin. Or topical retin-A .5%
    There is nothing as efficient as accutane... sry...

And using antibiotic to reduce acne comes with other issue.
    And topical retin-a isnt avaible everywhere and its a pain to apply.

Kidney toxicity and liver toxicity might be worrysone at 80mg/day.

But at 10mg EOD there is no issue there...
    Keep in mind that it is dose dependant. If someone use 40mg daily he might get in trou le if used for a prolonged period of time...

But at low dose(which is extremely cost effective time effective and effective against aas related acne...) easier to get and fast acting... with minimal to no sides.

As effective at treating acne... for some maybe but for most it wont be...
    And way less effective on any other aspect...

I agree that accutane should not be taken lightly but at 16x less than what doctor usually widely prescribe... I think we can assume it to be fairly safe compared to the use of 2-10times more testosterone than not so widely prescribed...

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    I'm on accutane to clean up some back acne from my last cycle - currently at 2x40mg/day prescribed by doc - expect to be on it 4 more months. after doing some research, i decided to run an 8 week injectables only cycle (350 mg tren and 250 mg test p per week injections eod), and will get lipds and liver function bw every month to check. i'll report results somewhere here...

Quote Originally Posted by bartman314 View Post
    I'm on accutane to clean up some back acne from my last cycle - currently at 2x40mg/day prescribed by doc - expect to be on it 4 more months. after doing some research, i decided to run an 8 week injectables only cycle (350 mg tren and 250 mg test p per week injections eod), and will get lipds and liver function bw every month to check. i'll report results somewhere here...
    80mg daily is insane...

Try 10mg daily... save the rest of your accutane for later cycle

Holy S***, 80mg/day... ouch! I ran 60mg/day prescribed by doc, long before I ever cycled, for 6 months, the sides were terrible! But I had acute acne on my face which the accutane did fix. This is why I use it on cycle now, I am prone to acne.

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    accutane is dosed by body mass - i weigh about 105 kg's and could take up to 120 mg/day. i'm in month 3 of the treatment and started at 60 mgs/day, titrating up as bw alllows.

i tried to self medicate with intl pharma accutane at 40 mg's / day for 3 months and saw no real benefit - i suspect bunk or significantly underdosed. i'm seeing very good progress on prescribed us pharma accutane.

sides for me are modest so far - dry skin is all, and i use otc moisterizer per doc's instruction.

so... not insane, but i am taking it seriously and will report as i learn more.

once this back acne clears up (it's "the worst my doc has ever seen"), i'll probably run modest accutane (intl pharma at ~20 mg/day) to prevent acne from colonizing per thepheonix25's rationale. i too, it seems, am prone to acne. ugh.

sides for me are modest so far - dry skin is all, and i use otc moisterizer per doc's instruction.
    Sounds like your body tolerates it better than mine did. At 60mg/day my lips cracked in multiple places especially in the corners and no amount of lip balm or moisturiser could heal them, my eyes dried out, it was like blinking over sandpaper, the interior of my nose dried out causing it to bleed randomly, I had no grip in my hands because they were so dry and my skin was so dry if I rubbed my face I'd cause a snow storm of dry skin ugh!

I'd never go back to a dose that strong again, but the low doses I'm using now cause no visible sides at all.

Thread Information