WaterPolar is offline New Member

Pure Strength for Sports performance

Hey Everyone, I'm 26 years old who plays AFL in Australia, which is a sport with high explosive demands such as short burst of speed, repetitive bouts of vertical jump while having a high endurance base. I'm 185cm with 83kg sitting at 13% BF. My goal is to lose BF% while increasing my strength while maintaining a lean body. I'm unsure what cycle/calorie intake would be required to achieve this. To simplify, would I eat at a deficit or surplus If i wanted to increase strength while staying lean and what cycle would be best to achieve it?

So far the cycle I had planned was this:

1-12 test e 500mg / week
    6-10 anavar 60mg ED
    10-12 anavar 80mg ED
    3-12 aromasin 12,5 mg eod
    8-14 hcg 500iu week

pct

15-19 clomid 75/50/25/25
    15-19 nolva 40/40/20/20/10

Any feedback would be great.

testluva is offline Associate Member
    Yes with a strict diet you will drop BF% and gain strength by 20-30% depending on how your body responds.

Quote Originally Posted by testluva View Post
    Yes with a strict diet you will drop BF% and gain strength by 20-30% depending on how your body responds.
    So for example if i had a slight surplus how much do you think strength increase by?
    Last edited by WaterPolar; 04-06-2015 at 02:53 AM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    What's your cycle experience??

I also agree w/above! But to say how much your going to gain is all diet/and your training program(a well rounded of both) diet is key... One can cut on pretty much any compound out there if your diet is on par!!!

I've done a beginner cycle before, this being my second. I'm looking to diet at around 3000 Calories with a 40/40/20 split while doing a strength routine/Olympic lifts program. It looks like this:

Monday:
    Powercleans 5 x 5 working up to 100%
    bench press 5 x 5 working up to 100%
    Squat 5 x 5 working up to 100%

Tuesday: AFL training

Wednesday:
    Bench press 5 x 5 working up to 100%

Friday:
    Bench press 5 x 5 working up to 100%

Satuday: Game Day

Sunday: Recovery

*Adding 5 lbs to each lift each training day. I'm going to add in accessory lifts towards each day to assist in vertical jump or speed. This was just the base of the program i was thinking.

My diet plan is:

100g Oats
    1 Banana
    1 table spoon PB
    30g Protein Shake

GYM

Lunch:
    300g Pasta
    200g Chicken/pork/Mince/beef
    Broccoli

Snacks:
    Museil bars
    Cottage Cheese
    Peanut butter
    Carrots

Dinner
    300g Pasta
    200g Chicken/pork/Mince/beef
    Broccoli

I know that doesn't add up to 3000 calories but it was just the base of my diet. I'm counting calories and always hit requirement. I'm aiming to hit 300g of protein to keep as much muscle as possible but i don't think that's so necessary?

fitnesstrainer is offline Associate Member
    You need to do a bulking cycle to add permanent strength. The gear will give you strength while your on it from what I understand but if you want to add permanent strength you'll need to be training for it and in a caloric surplus.

Also I don't think 300g of protein is necessary but to each their own. I generally do just over 1g per pound of body weight if I'm bulking.

Permanent strength isn't necessary what i'm looking for, but if I have an increase of 20-30% I could expect to still keep a fair amount if i went straight into a slight surplus after the cycle wouldn't you? I normally aim for that amount to, but I've heard a higher amount is needed when on a cycle? i was looking anywhere near 200-300.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterPolar View Post
    Permanent strength isn't necessary what i'm looking for, but if I have an increase of 20-30% I could expect to still keep a fair amount if i went straight into a slight surplus after the cycle wouldn't you? I normally aim for that amount to, but I've heard a higher amount is needed when on a cycle? i was looking anywhere near 200-300.
    Also, you did say you want to build strength performance I agree w/fitnesstrsiner... About bulking just eat very clean

300g of protein will yield spill over in urine.... And also it's just like any other macro - it will get stored as fat until burned off(not just carbs or fats but also protein) I isually do about 1.5-1.75g per LBM/or weight - all depends on your body...

I wiuld also eat 6-8 smaller meals throughout the day...

Thread Information