Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bod101

Thread: Cardiomyopathy??

da305beast is offline New Member
    Has anybody here been diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy? And used AAS???
    Last edited by da305beast; 04-12-2015 at 06:47 PM.

da305beast is offline New Member
    Can anybody help me plz? Any knowledge regarding taking anything w heart problems?

Dr. Anabolic Review is offline New Member
    Hi there, welcome aboard.

1. No personal experiences with Cardiomyopathy and AAS, but;
    a. I'd be inclined to defer this question to your Cardiologist, Hematologist and/or Endocrinologist (if you have one).
    b. You can broach/research this subject by discussing hormone replacement therapy and cardiomyopathy - basically you're focused on data for your condition and AAS in controlled studies with pharmacy grade AAS.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have never heard of it causing heart problems but I have heard of people discovering they have a heart condition after going on HRT or cycle. It's only because they are putting more stress on their heart, making it work harder than usual and then the symptoms appear.

bod101 is offline New Member
    Long time lurker, joined just to answer this question.

I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy about 5 years ago, before touching AAS.
    My doctor and cardiologist asked me repeatedly if I had used AAS due to my size ( I did very well natural, and took it as a compliment)

It was explained to me that it's very common for the heart to thicken in those who workout hard.
    It was compounded by years of high blood pressure I was not even aware I had, 199/98

After a life time of healthy eating and workouts I felt cheated that my internal system was worse than the local slob that eats daily McDonalds and Can't see his own feet. So I decided to go on cycle, I'd been accused so often, and doing all the right things didn't seem to be doing much for my health, so what the hell!

I have 6 monthly heart scans, and since controlling the blood pressure with medication my scans have shown no further thickening of my heart even after 5 years (10 cycles)
    So in my case I can categorically say that AAS has not worsened my cardiomyopathy, and I will continue to cycle until results show otherwise.
    lovbyts likes this.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Steroids and heavy lifting will certainly worsen cardiomyopathy (which is just pathological enlargement of the heart).

Thread Information