thephoenix25 is offline Associate Member

Painful Knee after Quad Shot

Hi All,

I've noticed that after shooting in my quads with prop that I regularly get a very light dull ache around my knee, strangely it mostly seems to be on my right side, I am right handed, so this should be the "good/steady" side. I've read that if the juice didn't go into the muscle properly that it can make its way down to the knee, but I use exactly the same technique, needles and barrels with test e and did not experience this problem. This morning I've woken up and I cannot bend my knee past about 90 degrees without quite a lot of pain. It is centered just above the knee cap. In the drawings I'm looking at, it is on the tendon type part of the rectus femoris. My injection site was about halfway between my hip and my knee in this muscle and I currently feel no PIP in the injection site at all.

The prop I'm using does leave me with PIP for a few days after, but usually in the injection site and nothing more than a dead leg (punched in the quad). I've had a few unpleasant experience with this prop when I injected my delt, which resulted in a fair amount of PIP (enough to stop me training shoulders for about 4 days) and redness in my tricep/bicep area about the size of a dinner plate. No heat or fever and it faded away naturally. But in my quads its only been minor PIP.

Should I be worried? Do you think my injection technique is at fault?

Some background :
    2nd Cycle
    Used this prop to kickstart and now using it to finish cycle
    Use sterile alcohol wipes on the vial
    Injection of 1.5ml takes about 1:30-2:00 mins
    prop is 100mg/ml
    my current bf is ~13-14% (avatar pic is 1 month old)

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    I was getting this too with some Cyp with quad shots, it was so bad sometimes I was limping/unable to workout.

I changed pinning location on the quad to a little higher and have no problems now.
    The way I was taught that fixed the issue was to put your thumb on your hip bone and out stretch your hand down your thigh.
    Where your fingers end is about where to pin on the outer quadrant, its quite a bit higher than the tutorials that are out there but works great!

I use a 1" pin for this.

If you give it a try let us know how it goes.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Try pinning your delta bro.I hate quads for that very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewZ View Post
    I was getting this too with some Cyp with quad shots, it was so bad sometimes I was limping/unable to workout.

I changed pinning location on the quad to a little higher and have no problems now.
    The way I was taught that fixed the issue was to put your thumb on your hip bone and out stretch your hand down your thigh.
    Where your fingers end is about where to pin on the outer quadrant, its quite a bit higher than the tutorials that are out there but works great!

I use a 1" pin for this.

If you give it a try let us know how it goes.
    Thanks I'll give this a go, glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Try pinning your delta bro.I hate quads for that very reason.
    I tried this but as I said in my opening post, my delt, tricep, bicep area reacted really bad to this. I tried twice before I gave up on delts with this prop. Whilst I was using test e I rotated between left and right quads and left delt, which worked great with no PIP, but this prop is a whole different game.

Its funny because I don't remember having much trouble with it when I used it to kickstart the cycle, but then I often shot both test e and p in the same pin.

I'm looking for a new injection site because glutes are getting more and more difficult to reach, I end up with a really shaky hand and sometimes my oblique cramps up halfway through causing me to move the needle too much.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I have found pinning quads that the upper outer quad right around we're your pants pocket is the area to pin. Anywhere else does give me much more pip

Quick report back :

Yesterday I followed the advices above and moved my injection site further up and more to the outer edge. Today I have no knee pain and virtually no PIP at all! If this is a guide as to how this injection site will be, I'll be using it from now on.

Thanks for the help guys

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just dont rotate inwards because your have major arteries that run on the inside of your legs and hitting one of those would not be much fun.

If you continue to get that try a longer needle. More than likely it's not deep enough and running down a bit. You could also try standing on your head.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    You could also try standing on your head.
    Just spat out my coffee lol.

I may have to get some longer needles, I've been using 1 inch needles up till now. Ergh, the thought of having to go another 0.5 inches in isn't too appealing lol.

Thanks for the tips LovByts

On a side note, what is the consensus about rotating injection sites around the quads? Ideally I'd like to only inject quads, but just change the region each time (upper outer, mid outer, mid middle) in both quads to avoid scarring.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I highly recommend rotating. I used only quads for the first 1 1/2 years or more of just HRT but now I hardly use them because of scaring, getting hard to push through the skin and hitting nerves frequently. I use glutes and shoulder frequently now, even pex sometimes. 1in or even 5/8 work fine for shoulders typically. I dont have problem with 1in for glutes either. Quads, I typically use 1, 1/2 or 1, 1/4.

Ah thanks, not what I wanted to hear lol.

I've had no problems with delts while using test e, but this test p is a definite no. Glutes have been fine in the past, but recently I've been getting cramps in my obliques while injecting which causes me to move around too much. Maybe I need to look into taurine for the cramps, I'm getting them in my feet and calves too. I'm near the end of my cycle now so I'll use this info next time round.

Thanks again for the info LovByts, much appreciated

Thread Information