Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: Fat replace by muscle

Fat replace by muscle

Hi, I Want to start taking steroids , however, I'm a football player defensive line. I weight 290 pound, 24% of body fat. I'm in good shape and I workout, but I would like to be more big, by losing fat and replacing by muscle. My question is if I take steroids will it transorm my fat into muscle or will I just keep gaining weight in muscle. I don't want to end up 320. Thank you

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That would be considered Fitness Alchemy.
    Myth 1: You Can Turn Fat into Muscle

You have a MUCH better chance of getting bitch tits with the high body fat (over 15%) than you do changing fat to muscle.

Getting rid of fat = diet, cardio. Adding muscle = diet, training.

Ok thank you, the problem is I can't lose to much weight because of my position in football. Is there any alternative I could do? But if losing weight is the only thing I won't mind. Thank you

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You wont as long as you are putting in better food, proper calories and training properly. You can easily burn fat and add muscle which I'm sure what you really meant.

Still, the nutrition center is the best place to get started. You wont be going hungry and probably even eat more than now, it's just you will be tweaking your diet and eating better.

cardifffizzle is offline Junior Member
    How can you be 24% body fat and be in good shape?! Converting fat into muscle?? Impossible!!

Ok thank you, and when I mean good shape is not necessarily physically, but as I football player with 24 % body fat is not bad. I'm 6'4 and been training for 1 year with my team. I do not look like 290 pounds and I'm pretty sure I'm in better cardio shape than most people and have I much better speed and a much better atlhete.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cardifffizzle
    Converting fat into muscle?? Impossible!!
    Oh it is

With these magic beans, I got from Dr Oz
    Razvan likes this.

Thank you for the tips by theway!!

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Basically the body does not grow or lose fat cells. You can only expand or diminish their size, meaning you can make them smaller or larger. Basically, fat cells are fat cells and muscle cells are muscle cells and both of them will stay that way. But, your goal should still be the same. But, you cant turn fat into muscle; which is what the prior comments were saying.
    The reason people suggest not taking steroids until you are down to 15% or lower is because a higher bf% makes us more prone to negative side effects; such as gyno. But, when you take steroids you will quickly gain a lot of water weight. I typically gain about 20lbs myself in water weight and this should be your goal. If you lose 20 lbs of fat, you will be a lot lighter, but could quickly replace it with water weight from steroids if that is your goal. I also personally prefer water weight to fat because it is stored all over your body, including your arms, chest and shoulders, therefore water weight does not look as bad as fat. You will also gain some muscle, but a lot of it will be lost when you stop taking steroids. To keep some of the gains you need to eat properly and work out properly as well. I hope this additional information helps and good luck!

ColossalExistance is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oki-Des View Post
    Basically the body does not grow or lose fat cells. You can only expand or diminish their size, meaning you can make them smaller or larger. Basically, fat cells are fat cells and muscle cells are muscle cells and both of them will stay that way. But, your goal should still be the same. But, you cant turn fat into muscle; which is what the prior comments were saying.
    The reason people suggest not taking steroids until you are down to 15% or lower is because a higher bf% makes us more prone to negative side effects; such as gyno. But, when you take steroids you will quickly gain a lot of water weight. I typically gain about 20lbs myself in water weight and this should be your goal. If you lose 20 lbs of fat, you will be a lot lighter, but could quickly replace it with water weight from steroids if that is your goal. I also personally prefer water weight to fat because it is stored all over your body, including your arms, chest and shoulders, therefore water weight does not look as bad as fat. You will also gain some muscle, but a lot of it will be lost when you stop taking steroids. To keep some of the gains you need to eat properly and work out properly as well. I hope this additional information helps and good luck!
    Actually you can gain fat cells. At around 30% body fat and up I think usually the person maxese out their fat cell size and start adding fat cells. It is why a formerly fat person gets fatter again more easily. Also if you have liposuction the fat you suck away the body remembers and replaces about the saem amount of cells eventually

Thread Information