Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By jimmyinkedup
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown
  • 1 Post By APIs
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: High blood pressure

  1. #1
    cardifffizzle's Avatar
    cardifffizzle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    120

    High blood pressure

    I don't think it's a massive issue for me just yet, but I think I will have some issues with my blood pressure in future cycles. I know I need to decrease my sodium but what can I use to control my blood pressure in the future? Unfortunately it's hereditary for me and I'm sure I'm going to encounter some issues in the future unless I keep a hold on it...

  2. #2
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    Low dose daily cialis has worked for me. You may want to consider it. I use the liquid and ive dialed my dose in very low compared to many but thats where I get the benefits at the lowest dose. For me I take just 3mg/day many take up to 10, 5 is very common.
    NACH3 and songdog like this.

  3. #3
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Cialis really helps!! Use a sm dose 5mg ed or eod(5-10mg) you'll notice it's effects pretty fast since it's half life... I'm having some issues too and I may go see a doc b/c I have bad anxiety and it will cause more probs in future for me as well!

    Deep breathing slow breathing helps(I've been able to lower it by doing that sometimes

    Aldo remember to keep your feet flat on floor for 2min b4 arms at sides and relax... Actually walking a 1/2 block at a slow pace while breathing right helps too(prior to getting it taken at least

  4. #4
    clarky.'s Avatar
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by cardifffizzle View Post
    I don't think it's a massive issue for me just yet, but I think I will have some issues with my blood pressure in future cycles. I know I need to decrease my sodium but what can I use to control my blood pressure in the future? Unfortunately it's hereditary for me and I'm sure I'm going to encounter some issues in the future unless I keep a hold on it...
    If it's hereditary them i'm sure the doc will have no probs helping you out.

  5. #5
    Buster Brown's Avatar
    Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Proud Bostonian
    Posts
    4,722
    If it's hereditary then a lot of the simple things that work for most with an issue wont do much for you. Your doctor needs to be involved to truly get you on the right track
    APIs likes this.

  6. #6
    cardifffizzle's Avatar
    cardifffizzle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    120
    Cialis being the stuff that's used for ED? Is that available without prescription? Thanks for all the responses guys. Much appreciated!

  7. #7
    Duo
    Duo is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    NW UK
    Posts
    155
    unfortunately in the UK it is on prescription only, its easy enough to get hold of though..

  8. #8
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by cardifffizzle View Post
    Cialis being the stuff that's used for ED? Is that available without prescription? Thanks for all the responses guys. Much appreciated!
    Yup(ar-r ), some find that the lower back pumps are debilitating but push through(or lower your dose to fit you if its not hereditary like mentioned(if so I'd see a doc)...

  9. #9
    APIs's Avatar
    APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Avoiding newbies @ gym...
    Posts
    1,322
    By the tone of your post, it seems BP may be more of a problem than you're willing to admit? If that's the case, dont play around & discuss it with your PC. Confronting it now may save your life down the road. Cialis will likely only get you so far @ 5mgs daily. During development it was initially thought to be a possible BP medicine, but in reality, the daily Cialis dose needed for hypertension is so high that side effects can likely result. It's sometimes added, as in my case, as a complement to other prescribed BP meds to better control hypertension. Good luck...

  10. #10
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    By the tone of your post, it seems BP may be more of a problem than you're willing to admit? If that's the case, dont play around & discuss it with your PC. Confronting it now may save your life down the road. Cialis will likely only get you so far @ 5mgs daily. During development it was initially thought to be a possible BP medicine, but in reality, the daily Cialis dose needed for hypertension is so high that side effects can likely result. It's sometimes added, as in my case, as a complement to other prescribed BP meds to better control hypertension. Good luck...
    Hey APIs,

    What BP meds do you take(if you don't mind answering - if not no biggie) but I've just realized by monitoring my BP/HR it's been elevated... I'm going to see my GP on Thursday anyway... Anything I should ask about(off the top o your head)??

  11. #11
    GeeDaz is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    12
    Confronting it now may save your life down the road
    Exactly!... well said

  12. #12
    APIs's Avatar
    APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Avoiding newbies @ gym...
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Hey APIs,

    What BP meds do you take(if you don't mind answering - if not no biggie) but I've just realized by monitoring my BP/HR it's been elevated... I'm going to see my GP on Thursday anyway... Anything I should ask about(off the top o your head)??
    I take Candesarten & Amlodipine plus a daily Cialis dose. However, I'm on BP meds as a preventive med for Migraines too in addition to lowering my BP. If your PC decides you need it, just make sure he stays clear of Beta-Blocker type BP Meds if possible. Beta Blockers can lower your resting heart rate greatly and they can cause ED issues. However, there is a newer mild Beta Blocker called Bystolic which works good for many people without the unwanted side effects of the old-school Beta Blockers like Inderal (Propanalol) & Lopressor (Metoprolol).
    Last edited by APIs; 04-15-2015 at 09:17 AM.
    NACH3 likes this.

  13. #13
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    I take Candesarten & Amlodipine plus a daily Cialis dose. However, I'm on BP meds as a preventive med for Migraines too in addition to lowering my BP. If your PC decides you need it, just make sure he stays clear of Beta-Blocker type BP Meds if possible. Beta Blockers can lower your resting heart rate greatly and they can cause ED issues. However, there is a newer mild Beta Blocker called Bystolic which works good for many people without the unwanted side effects of the old-school Beta Blockers like Inderal (Propanalol) & Lopressor (Metoprolol).
    Thank you APIs...

    I also get migrains and my GP knows this and i/nor she has ever mentioned that to me(rather she used to give me furocet w/codeine) . But I'll ask about that... And also research it myself so Uf she doesn't know yhen maybe I could explain it more(they usually don't like that though lol)... And Thx for advice on the old school Beta Blockers...

  14. #14
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    If my blood pressure rises I normally have headaches.
    During cycle I have Irbesartan 150mgs which is an mild ARB (angiotensin receptor blockers). If BP rises I only need to one to lower it to the normal 120/80.

    When I need more I just need to grab from my mothers lol.

  15. #15
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    If my blood pressure rises I normally have headaches.
    During cycle I have Irbesartan 150mgs which is an mild ARB (angiotensin receptour blockers). If BP rises I only need to one to lower it to the normal 120/80.

    When I need more I just need to grab from my mothers lol.
    I've Been noticing headaches as well BB... What you take us it a beta blocker type? I'm going in yo see my GP(who may get fired - by me) lol ... So I'll update this as well...

  16. #16
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    I've Been noticing headaches as well BB... What you take us it a beta blocker type? I'm going in yo see my GP(who may get fired - by me) lol ... So I'll update this as well...
    What is your BP? Its a really good investment something like this:
    High blood pressure-omron-delxue-blood-pressure-monitor-hem7200-1-unit_3.jpg


    No dont use beta blockers, here's a good link where you can browse the type of hypertension medications: Types of Blood Pressure Medications

  17. #17
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    What is your BP? Its a really good investment something like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Omron-Delxue-Blood-Pressure-Monitor-HEM7200-1-unit_3.jpg 
Views:	2366 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	156331


    No dont use beta blockers, here's a good link where you can browse the type of hypertension medications: Types of Blood Pressure Medications
    Well usually it's like 125-85... Or 135/90... So it's elevated... But when I wake up I'm good(120ish/80ish).... Oh & I have one . What really set me off was when I felt my BP rising and my anxiety kicking in as well... It was 190/95 wtf... So I made an appt right away...

    And no i wasn't referring to taking a beta blocker type as the sides can be bothersome to say the least

    Thx for the link too brother!
    Last edited by NACH3; 04-15-2015 at 11:31 AM.

  18. #18
    GeeDaz is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    12
    I'll add my experience if it helps as well, some commonalities to previous posts...

    I've been on this and that script for many years including a stint on A-TEN-OH-lol (bb) and Lis-in-o-pril (ace).
    These were prescribed by my GP, I was a zombie, I asked to go off but to no avail... I switched to an Internal Medicine doc because of that!
    It took many weeks to wean off the Atenolol, but after I switched scripts I felt a hell of a lot better!
    I think there's a class action suit concerning A-ten... and heart issues... I'd have to look it up...

    I'm on Di-OH-van (ar) and Norv-ask (ccb) now and feel pretty good.
    My normal BP runs 128/84-132/88 and I'm good with that.

    Fyi, I went from an arm cuff to a wrist cuff for self testing, at my Doc's I always ask for their biggest arm cuff as I tend to run on the higher side on their machine...
    Just a thought...

    Sorry for the weird spellings, I have less than 25 posts so the built in spam software kicked in

  19. #19
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeDaz View Post
    I'll add my experience if it helps as well, some commonalities to previous posts...

    I've been on this and that script for many years including a stint on A-TEN-OH-lol (bb) and Lis-in-o-pril (ace).
    These were prescribed by my GP, I was a zombie, I asked to go off but to no avail... I switched to an Internal Medicine doc because of that!
    It took many weeks to wean off the Atenolol, but after I switched scripts I felt a hell of a lot better!
    I think there's a class action suit concerning A-ten... and heart issues... I'd have to look it up...

    I'm on Di-OH-van (ar) and Norv-ask (ccb) now and feel pretty good.
    My normal BP runs 128/84-132/88 and I'm good with that.

    Fyi, I went from an arm cuff to a wrist cuff for self testing, at my Doc's I always ask for their biggest arm cuff as I tend to run on the higher side on their machine...
    Just a thought...

    Sorry for the weird spellings, I have less than 25 posts so the built in spam software kicked in
    .
    Thx for sharing... Have an appt this wk...
    GeeDaz likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •