• 1 Post By jimmyinkedup
  • 1 Post By NACH3
  • 1 Post By jimmyinkedup
  • 1 Post By TheGut

Thread: Cortisol/Estrogen Suppression

TheGut is offline Junior Member

Cortisol/Estrogen Suppression

Hey guys

So I was thinking of trying out Author L Rea's cortisol/estrogen suppression phase in his book "Building the perfect beast." The cycle is as follows:

DAY DRUGS
    1. Remeron 7.5mg/Aromasin 25mg
    2. Remeron 7.5mg/Aromasin 25mq
    3. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg
    4. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg
    5. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg
    6. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg
    7. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg/HCC 1000iu
    8. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg
    9. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg/HCG 1000iu
    10. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg
    11. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg/HCG 1000iu
    12. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg
    13. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg/HCG 1000iu
    14. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg
    15. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg/HCG 1000iu
    16. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg
    17. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg/HCG 1000iu
    18. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg
    19. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg/HCG 1000iu
    20. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg
    21. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg/HCG 1000iu
    22. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg
    23. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg/HCG 1000iu
    24. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg
    25. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg/HCG 1000iu
    26. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg
    27. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg/HCG 1000iu
    28. Remeron 15mg/Aromasin 25mg

Now my question is: Would I have to taper off the remeron at the end, or can I just straight stop it. In the book he gives no indication of tapering, but just wanted to hear everyones thoughts.

As always, some stats:

Powerlifter
    BF%: 14
    Weight: 250
    Cycles done: 5
    Last cycle: Test Prop, Tren ace, equipoise
    Lifts: Bench: 400, Squat: 660, Deadlift: 700

Thanks in advance

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    What are you going to get from a antidepressants ??
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I would not take that drug, not if I didnt legitimately need to for what its intended use is. **** that.
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    What are you going to get from a antidepressants ??
    Cortisol and prolactin control. Very mild anti depressant at these doses.

To quote the book:

Remeron (mirtazapine) tablets are prescribed as an antidepressant. Before
    thoughts of Frank on Prozac spin in your head realize that this is a section on cortisol
    and estrogen control.

Mirtazapine (Remeron) lowers cortisol and prolactin in normal subjects (like
    athletes are ever normal?) This appeared to an effectual alternative to Cytadren for
    those interested in lowering cortisol levels. It also lowers prolactin resulting in a
    decrease in fatty tissue and HPTA inhibition.

Additionally there was a mild (low dose) antidepressant effect as well that some
    welcomed post-cycle. Kind of like low dose Prozac, Cytadren and bromocriptine or
    cabergoline all in one. It is noteworthy that many have reported improved appetite
    during Remeron use, but several have also reported sleeping 12 hours the first few
    days of use even with the stepped initial dosages.

In studies 15mg/d resulted in a significant decrease in cortisol. What is really
    interesting is the method of inhibition. ATCH is a hormone that tells the adrenal
    glands to release corticoid steroids . Naturally most are catabolic to protein tissue (like
    muscle). However the suppression of ATCH leads to less cortisol being produced
    without inhibition of sex steroid synthesis.

This means a significant increase potential for LH/FSH production and the
    resulting increase in natural androgen production. Yup, that is right. Remeron inhibits
    ATCH secretion. Of course the anti-prolactin effect is nice in the bedroom as well.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    My ? is what do you feel you will even accomplish w/Remeron?? It may share some of those characteristics but surely wasn't intended for these types of things.... Hence it's anti-depressant qualities!
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    My ? is what do you feel you will even accomplish w/Remeron?? It may share some of those characteristics but surely wasn't intended for these types of things.... Hence it's anti-depressant qualities!
    Agree with you, however I believe the benefits it would yield for me with regard to the cortisol control would be beneficial. I am going through a very stressful time of my life and I can feel myself dropping muscle and strength due to stress levels (cortisol) AND lack of sleep, both these problems would be resolved with remeron.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGut View Post
    Agree with you, however I believe the benefits it would yield for me with regard to the cortisol control would be beneficial. I am going through a very stressful time of my life and I can feel myself dropping muscle and strength due to stress levels (cortisol) AND lack of sleep, both these problems would be resolved with remeron.
    Sorry to hear that TG!

If I'm not mistaken(going off memory) It was used for sleep prior to being used as an anti depressant... Kind of like trazadone(which is now used for sleep and in people who have problems w/eating(frequency)

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGut View Post
    That little snippet leaves out a lot of what ATCH does and is responsible for. I would hate to see what its like trying to sleep when you cease its use. It also works with the cyp450 family of enzymes which are responsible for the metabolism and removal of many substances in the body. There is more. This isnt a drug to be just taken for this purpose IMO. I dont like it. Thats just me.
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    That little snippet leaves out a lot of what ATCH does and is responsible for. I would hate to see what its like trying to sleep when you cease its use. It also works with the cyp450 family of enzymes which are responsible for the metabolism and removal of many substances in the body. There is more. This isnt a drug to be just taken for this purpose IMO. I dont like it. Thats just me.
    Thanks. I really appreciate the input. I havent purchased anything yet, so I appreciate input like this to help with my decision.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    If you'd like to control cortisol levels look into the high dose vitamin c methods. 5-10grams daily. Much safer IMHO

No advice but support. Hope you get the stress under control. I've been in a high stress situation for about a year. I took enough anti-depressants to numb a bull. Not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    No advice but support. Hope you get the stress under control. I've been in a high stress situation for about a year. I took enough anti-depressants to numb a bull. Not fun.
    Means a lot. Thanks for all the advice and all the support guys. Really appreciate it.
    NACH3 likes this.

Thread Information