got fina? is offline Member

Does certain steroids weaken your immune system???

Hey whats up all??

Ok so ive been on 500mg sus/w, 50mg fina/eod (100mg/eod was destroying me).

This has been one of the worst cycles so far..

Since i started i have gotten lower back pains, dry patches of skin on hands and feet, 2 cold sores on lip, but i kept at it until 3 days ago.

For the past 3 days at night i have been sweating balls, but yet shaking like if i was standing nude in a snow storm. I have also reached 103 degrees fever for the last 3 nights. I was waiting for it to go away on its own since i never get sick, but it just wouldnt.

Anyways, went to the emergency room today since i just couldnt take it anymore. They examined me and said i had a pneumonia. They gave me omoxicillin and sent me home.

WTF!!!! This is bullshyt..

Anyways do u guys suggest i continue once i get better?? Will Antibiotics interfere with the steroids im taking?? Could they be taken together safely??

Thanx in advance.......

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Yes cortical steroids are used to decrease the bodies immune and inflammation processes in people that are medically indicated for there use.

Juice Authority is offline Knowledgeable Member
    First off, AAS is often prescribed to AIDS patients to boost their immune system.

busaboy27 is offline Senior Member
    ummm i always thought test lowers your immune system...... aas is offered to aids patients for other reasons.. cause its a wasting disease and u take aas to maintain some kind of size
    Last edited by busaboy27; 06-03-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by busaboy27 View Post
    ummm i always thought test lowers your immune system...... aas is offered to aids patients for other reasons..
    Yeah, that and to keep them from contracting illnesses (waste away syndrome). Look it up. What keeps you from contracting illnesses? Answer: A stronger immune system.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice Authority View Post
    First off, AAS is often prescribed to AIDS patients to boost their immune system.
    yeah i believe test is perscribed because of wasting in aids and cancer patients.

But i dont think thats the prob here, I think the problem is Fina.

This is prob the last cycle i take including Fina. Its good stuff, but just to crazy and powerful to take.

Quote Originally Posted by got fina? View Post
    yeah i believe test is perscribed because of wasting in aids and cancer patients.

But i dont think thats the prob here, I think the problem is Fina.

This is prob the last cycle i take including Fina. Its good stuff, but just to crazy and powerful to take.
    Yeah, totally agree. Fina is in a class of its own.

Yeah, totally agree. Fina is in a class of its own.
    Ive done many cycles that included Fina and rarely had a prob. Lately it seems like my body has had enough with Fina though.

It was a great friendship while it lasted. But all great things must come to an end.
    Its ok though because theres so many compunds out there i havent tried yet.

Thanx for help guy. You guys are the best, and super knowledgeable....

Hephens is offline Member
    Deca apprently strengthens and improves immune system.

killagorilla187 is offline Associate Member
    I would think with an increase in test levels, your body would be better off fighting against diseases and germs.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah, that and to keep them from contracting illnesses (waste away syndrome). Look it up. What keeps you from contracting illnesses? Answer: A stronger immune system.
    Wasting syndrome is loss of muscle mass, aas to combat this does not help immune system. Higher testosterone levels lowers immune system.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckt12345 View Post
    Wasting syndrome is loss of muscle mass, aas to combat this does not help immune system. Higher testosterone levels lowers immune system.
    Common misconception.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1007083730.htm

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    good read, but thats just one guys/firms hypothesis.

killagorilla187 is offline Associate Member
    High test Lowers immune system???

Quote Originally Posted by chuckt12345 View Post
    good read, but thats just one guys/firms hypothesis.
    I can innudante you with info you like that reinforces my point but I think we both have better things to do. Speaking from personal experience, I never get sick when I'm on a cycle. I always get sick my I'm off-cycle. If we really want to get technical, T- and B- cells are the major players in your Immune System.

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    As far as I knew they prescribe TESTOSTERONE to people who have LOW TESTOSTERONE LEVELS !! Not to people who have a wasting disease.

I think that Deca was mainly prescribed to people with such things as Osteoporosis and on some occasions people who have AIDS AND CANCER and other such disease to combat the fact that they are wasting away, and I think I read somewhere or saw in a documentary thaT deca IN FACT does INCREASE the amount of T-CELLS in ur body.

Primo I heard was also prescribed for the same reason... wasting diseases AND CANCER (I know this because when my Gramps was diagnosed with lymph node cancer on top of his chemo they also had him doing injections of Primo made by schering.) by increasing the red blood cell count or something to that nature... once again not positive because I am not a medical doctor but if necessary I will try and pull upsome info on this matter.

AS FAR AS I KNOW FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE !! I NEVER GET SICK WHEN I AM ON A CYCLE !! NEVER !! No Flu, No colds, no nothing.. but that doesnt mean that it dosnt in fact lower the immune system I GUESS...

Theatrix is offline Associate Member
    Cut and paste.

Anabolic steroid effects on immune function (Part 1)

By bigdelt69 from elite.

In order to understand how AAS effect the immune system, you must first understand how the immune system works. Although I think I could write an entire book on this subject, I will just stick to the basics.

The organs of the immune system are stationed throughout the body. They are generally referred to as lymphoid organs because that are concerned with the growth, development, and deployment or lymphocytes, the white cells that are the base of the immune system. These organs include bone marrow, thymus, lymph nodes, and spleen.

Immune cells, like all other cells, are produced in the bone marrow. There are two main classes of immune cells or lymphocytes as they are called. These are known as T cells and B cells. T cells mature in an organ know as the thymus. Most T and B cells congregate in the various immune organs, while other travel around in the blood stream.

The lymph nodes house both T and B cells. These cells work together though different mechanisms. They are very dependent on each other. By effecting one group of cells, you throw off the entire function of the immune responce. Now a little bit about B cells and T cells.

B cells work chiefly by secreting soluble substances called antibodies into the bodies fluids or humors. This is known as humoral immunity. Antibodies typically interact with circulating antigens such as bacteria and toxic molecules, but are unable to penetrate living cells. T cells interact directly with their targets, attacking body cells that have been commandeered by viruses.
    There are different subsets of T cells which carry out various functions.

Each B cell is programmed to make one specific antibody. When a B cell manufactures millions of identical antibody molecules and pures them into the bloodstream. A given antibody matches a given antigen much as a key matches a lock. These antibodies indentify the antigen and mark it for destruction. Antibodies can work in several ways, depending on the nature of the antigen.

T cells contribute to the immune defenses in two major ways. Regulatory T cells do one thing and Cytotoxic T cells do another. Regulatory T cells are vital to orchestrating the elaborate system.
    Cytotoxic T cells on the other hand directly attack body cells that are infected. T cells work directly by secreting substances known as lymphokines. Lymphokines call into play many other cells and substances, including the elements of the inflammmatory responce.

Once you under stand why T cells and B cells are dependent on each other, it is easier to understand how AAS effects this partnership. I will discuss this in the next thread. I do suggest that everyone do some research and understand this more specifically. I basiclly just summerized how the immune system functions.

(Part 2)

Although I could not find any specific studies regarding how AAS effects immune function, I was able to piece together several articles and come up with a general idea of how this works.

As I stated in the previous thread (part 1) the immune system has two basic types of defense cells. The B cells which make up the Humoral immunity, and T cells that make up the cell immunity.

First the T cells are formed in the thymus. These T cells work directly by attacking the invading virus. Explaining all the actions of T cells would take forever to do. If you want to do more, there are loads of info on this available at other sites. Most AAS are known to suppress Cellular immunity, although they stimulate humoral immunity.

What first brought this to my attention were the vast number of articles relating to using AAS to treat autoimmune diseases. Most autoimmune diseases are caused by various T cells attacking your own body.

Small doses of winstrol , and deca , have been shown to have no effect on the cellular immunity, but still improves humoral immunity. It is also know that many AAS including deca have been shown to be antiinflammatory. Although I believe that deca accomplishes this through a different function as compared to the rest. This is greatly because cellular immunity is what causes inflammation.

But the real question is what supps are you taking to boost your immune system. I like Arginine for several reasons. Another cut and paste:

Strong evidence[33,34] suggests that dietary supplementation with arginine enhances immunocompetence in adults in humans and in animal models. Dietary L-arginine modulates the activities of immune cells in several ways.[35,36] For example, dietary arginine can increase the weight of the thymus in healthy animals, an effect that is directly correlated with an increase in the number of thymic T lymphocytes.[22] Intravenous infusion of arginine is also associated with an increase in the release of T cells from the thymus.[37] In addition, arginine has a direct effect on T-cell activity in vivo and in vitro.[38,39] In one study,[40] maximal proliferation of peripheral mononuclear blood cells occurred when the cells were cultured in medium containing 0.04 mM arginine. In another study,[41] athymic nude mice fed a diet supplemented with arginine had greater numbers of splenic T cells and a stronger delayed-type hypersensitivity reaction, a measure of T-cell function, than did control mice not fed arginine. In a study in humans,[38] subjects had an increase in mitogenic responses in T cells after a few days of arginine supplementation at 30 g/d. This increase persisted for 2 to 3 weeks.

Arginine-derived nitric oxide also plays a major role in inflammation and immunity,[42] affecting most immune cells, including T cells. At low doses, nitric oxide enhances T-cell mitogenesis; at higher doses, the effect is inhibitory.[40] Macrophages use L-arginine as a major substrate for many of their functions. In inflammation, macrophages are primarily responsible for the expression of iNOS.[43-45] Although the production of nitric oxide varies according to the nature of the stimulus, early release of the oxide is due to iNOS activity. Arginase expression occurs several hours later.[23] Although interleukin (IL)-4, IL-10, and prostaglandin E2 inhibit iNOS expression, they induce arginase expression. During a septic inflammatory response, competition between the functions of iNOS and arginase may occur, and as a result macrophages help organize cells and prioritize cellular responses. Macrophages also defend against growth, activity, and killing of bacteria and parasites by releasing nitric oxide.

Arginine also enhances phagocytosis by neutrophils and adhesion of polymorphonuclear cells, activities that help produce nitric oxide for immunomodulation. This enhancement is protective and is different from the cytotoxic response generated by macrophages that results in the production of superoxide

bigbuckbasstooth is offline New Member

Roids & immune system

Quote Originally Posted by Hephens View Post
    Deca apprently strengthens and improves immune system.
    You guys, we must remember our estrogen blockers. These are the guys that lower the immune system, like letrozole , for example. Roids like tren will strengthen your immune system just like it does your muscles and bones. Your issue is the anti estrogens and other things like that. But, with a fever around 103, sounds like you caught a cold virus at the same time. But, I know colds last much less time and have much less severity on roids.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You bumped a 6 year old thread for that??

Thread Information