sleepstalker is offline Junior Member

Genomes and Anabolic Steroids?

Anyone know if the scientists and medical doctors have done any clinical studies on populations with regard to sequencing genomes and exogenous testosterone ? Not just a study but specific compounds and how they effect people's genomes? Its interesting that one person will use one compound and not have the same experience as another. There are many reasons for that. I may be reaching but besides test which is the base choice, does one just have to just try and see how these things effects them? With everything else in place of course.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm a geneticist and ill be happy to fill you in. While our genome is sequenced I just don't know if our sensitivity is polygenic or not, meaning more than one gene sequence affects a given trait, this trait being androgen receptors.

Curious about this myself I had the bright idea of looking up the gene that affected androgen receptor sensitivity. The AR gene affects this and is known to cause testosterone insensitivity leading to feminine men (The Biebs). So this gene no doubt affects how sensitive they would be to exogenous test.

What I haven't researched is a gene that could affect the sheer number of androgen receptors. There certainly is one, I just don't know if it's the AR gene also or not.
    Last edited by RangerDanger830; 04-20-2015 at 08:12 PM.

After typing this I stopped to give it more thought after answering and would say overall cycle success is very polygenic. You have genes for metabolism, muscle repair, AAS bioavailability, and genes that control how well your joints will handle this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830 View Post
    After typing this I stopped to give it more thought after answering and would say overall cycle success is very polygenic. You have genes for metabolism, muscle repair, AAS bioavailability, and genes that control how well your joints will handle this.
    Interesting subject for sure. Funny how the gene that affected androgen receptor sensitivity is the AR (ar-r) gene and testosterone insensitivity leading to feminine men (The Biebs or Justin Bieber). lol

I saw the roast on bieber..HILARIOUS

I saw the roast on bieber..HILARIOUS
    I saw part of it. It would have been better if he wasnt allowed to speak at all. Why have we not deported him back to Canada and revoked his Visa yet?

Well we signed the petition. Elect me for president and I'll make it happen

Well we signed the petition. Elect me for president and I'll make it happen
    I have to admit I have considered going to one of his concerts though. I would wear a STAFF coat and tell some of the girls I could get them back stage with the proper motivation. LOL

I suppose that's a decent reason to go

Thread Information