ChickenLegz77 is offline New Member

New to the forum...

I am new here and about 1/3 of the way through my first cycle, it is VERY modest. 500mg of Test E a week from Thane Labs. So far the only adverse effects have been that I want to hump everything, but I digress... I'm 21 years old and have been training steady for 2-3 years and weightlifting for 5. I gave up competitive weightlifting so I thought I would experiment with a cycle. Let me say, my mind is blown... I started just 3.5 weeks ago at 172lbs... Maybe, like soaking wet, just super lean muscle mass. I am now, as of yesterday, and 3 different calibrated scales 200.0lbs... We checked all 3 because no one could believe it because I've never been anywhere near this heavy. So my question here is, is this normal? I mean almost 30lbs in 3.5 weeks? Yeah, I've been eating a bit more, but not to the point I thought I would put on 30lbs. I'm not upset with it, I'm pretty f***ing stoked. Just really surprised/curious if anyone has yielded these same results?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you know you are very young to be messing up your hormones?
    Younger than 25 have 70% more chances of not recovering their natural testosterone after cycle, which can put you in TRT for life.

30lbs sounds like you are not using AI, so you are picking up water like a sponge, next stop gyno and high BP...

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Most of that weight is in the form of water. This euphoria will not last once off cycle. If your diet isn't solid and your not using any ancillaries or have a pct planned you are going to be very disappointed in the long run.

I hate to break it to you but ^^^^ is correct.
    There is no way you have put on almost 9 pounds of muscle a week.
    Most of what you have gained is water weight.
    You really should be using an AI.

How much has each of your big three lifts gone up?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome to the forum. Wish you had joined before you started but it's still a good idea to give this a read.

The young and Steroids

I know I haven't put on 30lbs of muscle mass, that's just ridiculous. I have seen my bench go up 50lbs, my 1RM squat I tripled last week, and I deadlifted 30lbs more than my previous max for a triple. I didn't consider the hormone disruption to be too big of an issue, but I will take your word for it. I do have a PCT planned, but you have made me feel it doesn't have holes, but it is the hole. I'm open to all advice.

Put another 25lbs on top of my bench press this evening.... Bench has now gone up 75lbs in under a month. Granted this is the first time I've really trained bench in 3 years... Previously having benched 370... So I can equate it to being noob gains in strength there, but it's still pretty big.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLegz77
    Put another 25lbs on top of my bench press this evening.... Bench has now gone up 75lbs in under a month. Granted this is the first time I've really trained bench in 3 years... Previously having benched 370... So I can equate it to being noob gains in strength there, but it's still pretty big.
    So what is your weight now?
    How much have you gained?
    What is your bench now?
    Are you using an AI?

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    So what is your weight now?
    How much have you gained?
    What is your bench now?
    Are you using an AI?
    I hopped on the scale today at 197, bare skin. 25lbs heavier than I was fully clothed the first week of March.
    I hit 315 for two singles, so not really a true max I guess. No AI.

You really should be using an AI.
    It does not hinder your gains although you will hold less water.

Now to the fun part...
    You started the cycle benching 240 and can bench 315 now, but you previously benched 370.
    You haven't trained bench in 3 years.
    You are 21 now.
    So I am supposed to believe that you benched 370 at 18 years old weighing no more than 175 pounds after only two years of training?

Also, you previously benched 370 but haven't trained bench in 3 years but have been competitively weight lifted instead.
    There is no way your bench would've dropped 130lbs because you would still be training your overhead presses.

I don't doubt that you could put on 25lbs of bloat.
    I do doubt the numbers you claim your strength has increased.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Now to the fun part...
    You started the cycle benching 240 and can bench 315 now, but you previously benched 370.
    You haven't trained bench in 3 years.
    You are 21 now.
    So I am supposed to believe that you benched 370 at 18 years old weighing no more than 175 pounds after only two years of training?

Also, you previously benched 370 but haven't trained bench in 3 years but have been competitively weight lifted instead.
    There is no way your bench would've dropped 130lbs because you would still be training your overhead presses.

I don't doubt that you could put on 25lbs of bloat.
    I do doubt the numbers you claim your strength has increased.
    Sorry, my previous max was 265. I was 19 when I benched 370, and I also accredit it to the stars having aligned in my favor and I was closer to 180-185 then. I understand being skeptical about that but, I wasn't looking to compare weightlifting accomplishments. Who would you recommend me getting the AI from?

Thread Information