Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: Steroid usage... a career choice?

  1. #1
    JohnnyJim is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    146

    Steroid usage... a career choice?

    So like...

    If I'm gonna compete in powerlifting, it'll be the IPF and its affiliate, USAPL.

    And of course I'll do some Olympic lifting too.



    From what I heard about the IPF, they hired WADA a few years ago and ended up busting several athletes in an international level event.

    Deep inside, I won't feel guilty. A man has to do what he has to do to become closer to godhood (joking). But what worries me is the stigma I'll get from people...



    Is it worth it? Are steroids worth it? Is the sporting world slowly getting better with drug-testing? Or is it still a joke like it is in the IFBB? (I got lots of respect for the big dudes, don't get me wrong.)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,557
    Why not just compete in untested federations?

  3. #3
    JohnnyJim is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Why not just compete in untested federations?


    Because there's more prestige in performing like a juiced-up monster when everybody thinks you're natty.



    I'm very Machiavellian.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,557
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJim
    Because there's more prestige in performing like a juiced-up monster when everybody thinks you're natty. I'm very Machiavellian.
    There isn't really much prestige in powerlifting IMHO.
    Ask the average gym bro to name 5 powerlifters.
    9 put of ten of them won't be able to name three.

  5. #5
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    Sorry to say but I can only name one:

    The Deadlifting Dog

    NACH3 likes this.

  6. #6
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Yeah I only know the top three of each lift really, (WR) Lillebridge, Malanachev, Petras, Magnusson... That's only b/c I googled them after seeing their names in that thread... lol

  7. #7
    JohnnyJim is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Yeah I only know the top three of each lift really, (WR) Lillebridge, Malanachev, Petras, Magnusson... That's only b/c I googled them after seeing their names in that thread... lol


    Oh wait a minute this is a bodybuilding website? OMG!!

    lol...

    I read a lot of articles that reminisce those days when all big dudes (powerlifters, weightlifters, and bodybuilders) were labeled as one group. "Physical culturists".

    Sergio Oliva was a weightlifter in Fidel Castro's team before embarking with bodybuilding. He had a 300+ pound jerk.

  8. #8
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,532
    Yeah PLs don't get much respect here.But I see wat you are saying.Just watch your cut off times for your compounds.Aqua test is good.Hurts like hell.

  9. #9
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJim View Post
    Oh wait a minute this is a bodybuilding website? OMG!!

    lol...

    I read a lot of articles that reminisce those days when all big dudes (powerlifters, weightlifters, and bodybuilders) were labeled as one group. "Physical culturists".

    Sergio Oliva was a weightlifter in Fidel Castro's team before embarking with bodybuilding. He had a 300+ pound jerk.
    I was writing on behalf of DLDs statement(which unfortunately they don't get the respect they deserve by the rest(non PLs)) which in my eyes they should... They're doing the heavy ass lifting(not to say some BBers cant be stronger) but PLs are pure strength(raw strength - different)!!!!

    I agree that they should be noticed and appreciated more!!!
    Marc114 likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •